Live in Costa Rica but commute weekly to US for work?

My husband and I have been planning for many years to retire in Costa Rica. We have traveled the country extensively and visit 1-2 times a year. We are in our mid-40's and we both currently have jobs that we travel for. I had an idea - that maybe we could go ahead and move to CR now - before retirement - and just commute to US for work the same way we travel now. We travel weekly, so instead of traveling from California, I would just travel from Costa Rica.

Are there any immigration laws that would prevent this? I tried to find information on this or an immigration status that would apply to this scenario but couldn't figure it out, so I'm hoping someone on this forum can help me out. I understand you can't work IN Costa Rica, but can you work in US and live in Costa RIca?

Many thanks!!!!

Unless you apply for Residency, you could be refused entry at Immigrations discretion...although this is unlikely. They are giving less time for some  tourist visas, which shouldn't bother you if you leave every week...but you just never know...

Being under 55 applying for  residency would mean a premium of approx $450 a month for mandatory healthcare costs which you may not use, so you could continue as you are traveling as a tourist.

You should take into consideration the increasing frequency of the airport being closed for hours and flights cancelled due to the activity of the Turrialba volcano. Many flights cancelled again, this morning.

That sounds like an interesting lifestyle.  Have you looked at the flights available from CR to your typical weekly destinations and factored in potentially increased travel times?

I have... flights are shorter and cheaper - I fly from west to east, so its a benefit to move to a closer time zone. Delta has two good flights out of SJO daily to Atlanta, where I can make connections.

Before you move know exactly what you are doing.    I believe if you leave the country every three months you can reside as a tourist.     But I agree with what others say there are road closures and cost of flying back and forth and up keep of home.   Do your home work or it could turn to a night mare