Monthly expenditure in KL

No harm in trying..! :)
Cheers..!

Page 36 onwards shows min/max salaries in the IT field:

http://www.kellyservices.com.my/uploade … y_Services(1)/4-Resource_Center/Malaysia%20salary%20guide%20ebook.pdf

Hi,
Could anyone let me know the rent(for 1 room or 1 BHK flat ) and grocery cost around South Bangsar . My office will be located there . I am planning to move in the month of February'14.
Also if possible ,please let me know the minimum monthly amount which will be required for a decent living .

Please note I will be traveling alone initially.

Thanks,
Souvik

Hi,
Could anyone let me know the rent(for 1 room or 1 BHK flat ) and grocery cost around South Bangsar . My office will be located there . I am planning to move in the moth of February'14.
Also if possible ,please let me know the minimum monthly amount which will be required for a decent living  .

Please note I will be travelling alone initially.

Thanks,
SS

hi define decent?

For me 12k min. Some say 5k. Some need 25k. It all depends

Rent again share or own flat? I would say 2k min for any place I would live in (aircon, less cockroaches, reasonable neighbours)

Nemodot wrote:

hi define decent?

For me 12k min. Some say 5k. Some need 25k. It all depends

Rent again share or own flat? I would say 2k min for any place I would live in (aircon, less cockroaches, reasonable neighbours)

Hi Nemodot,
Thanks a lot for the update.

For me decent means, with average facilities such as internet connection/mobile connection/electricity costs /water cost/television/nearby transport facilities and some weekly outings such as movies or visiting some nearby tourist attractions.
I would prefer a 1 bhk(1 bedroom/1 dining room with kitchen /1 bathroom) flat at any nearby location from where I could get a transport facility from South Bangsar even at late night as per my work schedule.
I dont know the prices at KL . If possible could you please let me know the average food price/person for a month.
In some blogs I found 30 RM/day is fine for 3 meals a day.

Thanks in advance,
Souvik

Hi Expats,

I have an offer with AMBANK, KL. Work location probably at Jalan Punchak. I have 5 years of IT experience in Data warehousing with a very rare and niche skill set. Currently they are asking my expected salary, what will be average  as well the best salary one could get with a 5+ years exp at KL.

BTW, I am married and planning to take my wife with me and looking for a decent accommodation (2 BHK, partly/fully furnished with amenities). Please tell me the cost  of accommodation and the best place to stay which is well connected by public transport.

Its really URGENT as I need put my quote to them shortly so early response is much appreciated.

Thanks
Rakesh

Hi rakesh, 10-15k

Hai Rakesh they are saying that u can expect around 10  k to 15k but my suggestion is dont come here here heavy expenses for rent and all

dont come over here

its not sufficient for you to survive they will give only 5 k to 8k so u cannot survive here

Thanks carlyle1979. any idea on best place to stay?
Uh jayakumargenius? thanks anyways

there are some people staying for some city outskirts near cheras and all and brickfields some areas. u will get a whole house for 1200 also if u adjust with that u can survive

by the way may i know wats ur salary ?

Dear All,

I am from Mumbai, and got an offer from KL based IT firm. I have around 5 Years of Exp in IT. as per company policy, i am suspecting they will offer me salary between 6k to 8k RM (Max).
I have couple of question -
1. is KL safe to move permanently/ long term (considering me & my wife).
2. what would be living cost near bansar south. (my office is located over there).
3. I have been there many times, i feel good about it. but i havent think about that on long term perspective.
4. My wife is also working in a good IT firm, is there any chance for her to search a job over there on dependent VISA?

will appreciate you feedback/comment.

Thanks
vicky..

Hi Vicks, 6-8k is a good package for 5 yrs of experience. your wife should be able to get a job but it will take time and patience. Software development and related fields are needed skills in kl.

safety is an issue but this is hearsay. i have not seen or experienced any incidents. u just need to be careful and i think its the same with mumbai.

bangsar is one of the most expensive areas in kl. its like the hirandani complex in mumbai :-) neighbouring areas have more reasonable rents. u should check if ur office is close to the train station. if yes, u can pick another place along the train line that suits ur budget.

Hello Seniors,

I am a Marketing professional (10 yrs experience) and will most probably be relocating to KL as an internal transfer from India. This will be an assignment for 3 yrs or so. I have my wife and 5 yr old son who will be coming along. Currently I have a monthly take home of around 1.3 lakhs INR with a savings of around 80K per month.I have a very good standard of living back here with owned house and car.

I am expecting the salary there to be the in range of around 10 to 12K Ringitts per month. Not sure now about the other things like medical and all. But just wanted to gather thoughts on the below.

1. Do you think the above salary range would be a good one considering what I am earning today. If not, what should be I looking at a minimum so that I am not financially challenged and live an comparable life style there.
2. How much would I be able to save with a decent life style and expenses like housing (2 BHK minimum with fully furnished) transportation, taxes and monthly utilities and may be a car soon. I am planning for an Indian International school (GIIS) and would like to live somewhere very close to it in the 10 minutes vicinity.
3. My office would be in Petaling Jaya. Would I be able to commute easily without much hassle using public transport if I stay near my son's school
4. My wife currently works here and earns around 50K INR per month. If she is coming on a dependent visa, is she allowed to work there in KL.

I know it is a lot of questions, but would really appreciate the detailed answers as it would help me make the right decision. As I said, I have a good career and life going on here and don't want to make a wrong decision and be hooked there for 3 yrs.

Thanks and Regards

OK - lots of question. Main points are 26% tax for 2014 and about 20% for full years you are resident. Schooling RM 2k per month, tuition and extras. Registration fees: high. Standard of school - not considered very good. You probably can't get to PJ on public transport, so car rental of up to RM1.5k per month. Accommodation minimum RM2k per month, probably close to school will be closer to RM3.5k. Difficult for wife to find work - minimum salary that comes with work permit is RM5k per month. That's about double national average. Utilities and internet will be about  RM300 per month. You wont be perceived as a "value added" expat just a knowledge worker.

Hi,

I got an offer in KL. My pay is 4500 and i heard that Tax is 26%. So i might get around 3330RM. Kindly let me know what would be the cost of living.

Hello Linda.Mona

Kindly follow this link to get an approximate of the cost of living in Kuala Lampur :

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ci … ala+Lumpur

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

On the Numbeo page (see link above) at the top right ("More about Kuala Lumper") there is a drop-down menu which contains more interesting details about the COL in KL.

Hi,

I got the job in KL. Im working as S/w engineer.

Company offering 7 to 8.5 RM. Could any one share current update near place in KL.  Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory, Malaysia this is my work place. I need rough calculation abt Transportation charges, grocery, 1 BHK with full equipped (consider me and my wife.). I plan to spend 2500-3500 RM. Could some one suggest good place near to my workplace with current updates

Praveenbabu. KL is a huge area. Which neighbourhood are you going to work in? Accommodation is related to area, age of building, and location (size is not a particularly relevant criteria in some cases i.e. a 1BHK can cost the same as a 3/BHK because of age and location.)  Transportation depends on what type. If you need a car to get to work and do your job then that will cost about RM1200 per month to rent. If there happens to be public transport nearby (which is rare in Malaysia) then budget at RM 250 per month. For groceries, I think you should allow RM750 for all stuff bought at supermarket and other stores. It will be much less if you are vegetarian. Housing will be around RM2-3K but again, depending on whether you want a nice modern place. Utilities will be RM 200 per month TV/Internet RM200 per month and mobile phone RM100-200 per month. Dont forget to deduct income tax on your salary first.

Hi everyone!

My husband has a experience of 4 years in java development, now he got job offer from a popular malaysian bank for the contract period of 18 months. In chennai,India he was earning 5.8 lpa & there he has been offered 6500 MYR pm(excluding tax,accomodation,transport,food..,etc).even am planning to travel with him & am a home maker. Is this a good offer to take over? he dont drink,rarely we eat out, 1 bhk is enough for us with a 30mins travel.. his work place is at mid valley city,kualalumpur . how much can we save pm ? kindly solve my queries..!

Plaza Central is an office block.

If you want to live in Sentral/Brickfields then look at Saujana Loft. Not much else there. New Mall with international fare and shopping. Otherwise a typical Indian environment.  Live close to your office location. Not sure you will get a 1BHK in that area that is good standard.  Be prepared to pay for larger place than you need and rental of about RM3500 upwards - or slum it.

(Moderated: no copy/paste on the forum pls)

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads for your blog please

Hi,

Company address is below

mlninfotech.com,
MLNINFOTECH SDN BHD
3RD Mile Square. No 151,Jalan Klang Lama,
Kuala Lumpur, 58100
Company will provide the accomodation.

I don't have any idea about KL. I am a family holder - my wife + my son of age 5 years. Is this the offer is good ?
What will be monthly expenditure in KL. I have to spend approximately 35 to 50 K INR to run my family. What is will the expenditure in KL ?

Thanks.

Translate Lac into RM or USD for ease. Separate thread has been created by the Team as this is quite an old discussion.