Record-breaking temperatures in Puerto Plata yesterday?

Another great day today, 20 degrees right now and it rained during the afternoon...Amazing! Forgot to mention...this is here in Canada, just up here for a couple of weeks ;)

I am going to stop complaining about the heat.  Our old house in Colorado currently has a temp of 23F and snowing with 8-12 inches of snow by morning.

You don't have to shovel heat :D:D:D:D

Bob K

We do shovel sand once in a while Bob............LOL   Heat continues and no rain in the forecast.......... yikes,  everyone start doing the rain dance please.  We need rain.

Yep 17F and snowing in Conifer Colorado this morning.

Here.... OMG there is actually a rain shower currently.  Not huge but enough to make the gardens dance.  I even went out in it, had to close the car windows, and it was soooooo refreshing.  I am sure it will be gone soon and then back to sun and heat.  But such a teaser :D:D:D

Bob K

Good news!!

A subtropical Jet Stream is passing over DR right now bringing some rain with it. Hallelujah!

nothing here yet!!!

Well, here in Cabrera, we had half an inch around 5am today! A teaser.

Planner let me know if right now is raining there? It looks on the satellite images that you are getting a good amount of rain in La Romana :)http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/tatl/flash-rb.html

I hope for their sake it is.  Here on the north coast windy, sunny and HOT

Bob K

NO rain at all, nada, nothing, zilch.....

:sosad: Dominicans never die from the heat!!!! They die when they get the electrical bill. :mad:

And we had some rain overnight in La Romana.  None at my house but other areas had some. AND we got rain at the farm..........woooooooooooo hoooooooooooo.  Looking like more rain today, fingers crossed.............

Well, we had maybe half an inch in the wee hours.
Looks like more is coming today!
Headed your way Bob!

Yep we have had off and on showers (not very heavy but who is complaining) all morning.  I have taken two walks in it already.  I was so refreshing and cool temps for a change.  Now if we can just get a few more heavier showers this afternoon I will be a happy camper.

Bob K

We need lots of rain here and at the farm.  We are overcast and not too hot today........... nice change.

Amazing! Hope it rains more.

Amazing how just a little bit of rain, and we did not  have a lot yesterday, makes the lawn green up so fast.

No rain today but looking forward to maybe some showers tomorrow....wishful thinking

Bob K

IT is overcast and cooler then last week, we are hoping for rain still..............

Yes, me, you, Bob & the rest of the country!

Nope just sun and wind today for us after some morning clouds....:(

Bob K

It looks like yesterday today.
:(

We are having a morning RAIN SHOWER!.. I need to get out and dance in the gardens before it is over. 

Bob K

Enjoy!!!  Here hot and breezy and not a cloud in the sky!

Sun is out now and off to the beach for the day !!!!!

Bob K

Enjoy.  Its payday so you know what I am doing.......... paying all my staff and then not going anywhere.  Stores and banks will be crazy today.

That is just disgusting Bob.
We were in Nagua early today & were
treated to a half hour downpour! yipppe!!
When we got back to Cabrera around noon,
NADA here!
Oh well, maybe tomorrow.
Hope you had a good afternoon on the sand! :)

Turned into a  great beach day and not many folks around.

Bob K

They are all at the bank, groceries, & Brugal.
Tomorrow, the beach!
Still no rain here.
We have a lot of coconut trees with brown leaves here.

We are overcast this morning, hoping for some rain.  They are calling for rain in some parts of the country the 17th thru 19th.....  fingers crossed.

Looks like another sunny and hot day for us :(

Bob K

YES we have rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some very heavy showers overnight and probably close to an inch of rain.  The gardens are so happy this morning!

Bob K

We also had some heavy rains here in La Romana, yayyyyy.  Not sure yet what we got at the farm.

Congratulations!  We're still waiting..........

Here is it now noon and still some showers about.  I will try to send some your way

Bob K

Wow! A little more than 1" from 3am to 10am here!
Still need more!
Soooo happy to get some!

Well guys, It has been raining in some places now and it seems the rainy season was late this year. The phenomenon El niño will be strong this year bringing long periods of drought in the Caribbean, the east coast of US, and many other regions, so get ready.

In the Southwest of the Island the extreme drought still persist in some places. Last week I did a tour across these border provinces and it's really alarming. I hope mere nature bless them with some good rain.

We have had 6 to 8 inches of rain in the last week in some areas, so it is helping.  WE really don't have a "rainy" season any more,  patterns have shifted so much and so often that predicting is kinda useless!!!!

Well, good for somebody. Here & 10-15 miles around
we've had maybe 2" in 3-4 months!

Wow that is a lot of rain.  Can  you send us some.  We had between 1-2 inches this week and that has been it for the last 8 weeks. 

Bob K

Sahara Dust go away and let it RAIN please!