IMPORT

I would just like to have an idea if one had to buy from amazon a electrical pizzelle maker how much would it cost to import to Cuenca?
We are moving to Cuenca & would like to see what would be my cheapest option.

sonjavdm wrote:

I would just like to have an idea if one had to buy from amazon an electrical pizzelle maker how much would it cost to import to Cuenca?

As you know, a pizzelle maker -- which produces Italian cookies with a semblance of waffles -- can be purchased for under $50 at amazon.com ...

Historically, Amazon does not ship directly to an Ecuador address.

Provide the weight and size of the package containing this aparato to your shipper, such as U.S. Global Mail (usglobalmail.com) or UPS, to learn what their part of the shipping would cost.

You would pay the cost of the item, Amazon's cost for shipping it to your courier, the courier's shipping fee/s to Ecuador, the customary SENAE (customs) charges in Ecuador based on size and weight, and the new $42 SENAE surcharge.  The initial customs charges are unpredictable at the moment, but when you provide size and weight to your courier, they may be able to provide that information.

As you can see, a pizzelle maker can be considered a luxury item by Expats living in La República.

In case you were wondering, it is not advisable and/or secure to send such an item the (theoretically) cheaper way through regular mail.  And the dogs of SENAE would get their paws on it regardless.

If you are still living in South Africa, I would strongly advise that you see if you can find this device locally and bring it with you on your flight to Ecuador.  Even if you have to buy an extra piece of luggage or pay an excess-baggage surcharge to your airline, it would undoubtedly save you money and hassle compared to the Amazon-courier-SENAE-surcharge scenario. 

And you wouldn't have to wait weeks or months (yes, sometimes months!) for the product to get to you in Cuenca.

cccmedia in Quito

Thank you cccmedia for your response.  We are comming with a container so I would rather source it via SA eventhough it does come from the United States. It will only cost me a 100 dollars.

Pizzelles? Even Italians only make them at Christmas.... Yum... send me some

i did buy one from Amazon.  Arrived in 2 weeks.  Can't wait to use it in Ecuador because it is 110V & SA is 220V.