New Saudi Arabia expat guide

Hello everyone!

Do you intend to move to Saudi Arabia? Or have you already settled there?

We are pleased to inform you that we have just updated the Living in Saudi Arabia guide.

In fact, we have added new articles regarding various aspects of expatriation and every day life in Saudi Arabia, including travel formalities, visas, work and labor market, accommodation, studies, health care, tax, communication, leisure, lifestyle, etc. Our aim is to help you better prepare yourself to start a new life by providing you with all useful information about the country.

You can read these articles by clicking on the following links:

Generalities
Discovering Saudi Arabia

Visas
Visas in Saudi Arabia

Formalities
Traveling to Saudi Arabia

Work
Work in Saudi Arabia
Work in Riyadh
Work in Khobar
Work in Jubail
Work in Jeddah
Work in Yanbu
Work in Dammam
Internship in Saudi Arabia
Setting up a business in Saudi Arabia

Accommodation
Accommodation in Saudi Arabia
Accommodation in Riyadh
Accommodation in Khobar
Accommodation in Jubail
Accommodation in Jeddah
Accommodation in Yanbu
Accommodation in Dammam

Study
Study in Saudi Arabia

Health care
Health care in Saudi Arabia

Banks
Opening a bank account in Saudi Arabia

Tax
Tax in Saudi Arabia

Transports
Transports in Saudi Arabia
Transports in Riyadh

Driver's license
Driving in Saudi Arabia

Removal
Moving to Saudi Arabia

Communications
Phones and Internet in Saudi Arabia
Useful numbers in Saudi Arabia

Leisure
Leisure in Saudi Arabia
Leisure in Riyadh

Miscellaneous
Traveling to Saudi Arabia with your pet
Lifestyle in Saudi Arabia

Feel free to post your comments or to write an article in the guide so as to give out useful tips to future expats in Saudi Arabia. You can also share the articles with your friends on social networks.

If you wish to share your expat experience in Saudi Arabia, you can contact us here or by private message to participate in the Interviews section.

Have a nice reading!

That's an amazing ready reckoner. A very good initiative by the EB team  :one

Thanks for the guide.

Thanks!!! :D

Very informative!

Thanks, that's asesome!! I just arrived recently, wish I had of do more research prior and read that!!! ;)

This country is awesome

[moderated: we will kindly ask you to do your recommendations in our Saudi Arabia business directory pls]

Riyadh is my capital city and I can help any one.
Thanks

why aren t we doing anything? :)

Hi, Anyone knows about medical internship in Saudi

very well done!!! awesome!

nice guide

Awesome info :)

Thanks!!! It will make life easier for some people.

Ok

Very useful guide :)

I am from Jeddah and I will be happy to help any one with the information needed

Thanks

Very helpful post.

Great guide.
Can anyone comment on the quality of drinking water on Riyadh? Can most people drink tap water/ deink boiled water/ buy bottled waters? Just curious
Thanks

Hi i am niyati shifted to khobar from india...my question is to d expats in saudi...m looking for salon services given at home...so any of u aware of ladies who give salon services at home plz let me know !!

Thank u in advance

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links and promotion of services not allowed on the forum

Hi Jenell. The tap water is not good for drinking it is salty as it is sea water which is treated. Bottled drinking water is used for consumption by most of the people. A 20 ltr bottle is delivered at your door step at 2.5 odd USD. Go through the enclosed link u will get a better idea.

nzpounamu.com/2012/01/can-you-drink-tap-water-in-riyadh.html

Thnx a lot dear !! I am quite looking forward to go thru d link n get my prob resolved :) thnx a ton again

Thanks

Hey
anyone who need help in Riyadh
can PM me I will try to help
and also I like to meet new people :)

Hi, how we doing, have a nice day too.

Salam,

I have  issue of picture of other person on my iqama is with me.

I just new iqama few days back i am new comer at saudia. But now i want to go exit reentry visa on vacation.

I go dammam jawazat but they told it will take time more than 40 days but i have to attend marraige of my sister after 10 days.  So i ask them can go vacation on it they said yes you can.  Picture issue will be solved after you come back. Because if now you starts process so you can not go untill new  iqama you dont get.

Pl reply  i am still worrying too much not feeling satisfying with jawazat statement.

Pl help

Hello,
I am a nurse and I have a interview scheduled for KFH Jeddah . What are the interview questions ?
Any help please ?
Thank you