Window cleaning

Does any body know if people have there windows cleaned in Malta, has any one seen anyone operating a water fed pole to offices, shops, flats etc, is there a need for this type of business please reply regards Claire and max

Hi Max and Claire,

you should really visit Malta and just go through the streets looking at windows then you will know if there is a business chance there -)))

Theoretically ,with all the dust and sand in the air, everybody should really be cleaning their windows on a daily basis , but in reallity ..... I never wash my car - I just wait for it to rain -)))

Cheers
Ricky

I remember a couple of guys tried this in Mellieha when i lived there and it didnt last 6 weeks  - they managed to get a few friends to buy into the idea but they went to the wall... so be wary.... its not something you see in Malta for sure..

we tried them and they did a great job  - 2 guys and they were there for 2hrs and only charged €20..

they just couldnt get people to take their service - word of mouth local shop window adverts, flyers, emails, website facebook pages all set up  but got very little business... and then they were gone

ricky wrote:

I never wash my car - I just wait for it to rain -)))

I might have to learn a lesson from you Ricky. It drives me mad when I spend an hour washing my car and then 2 days later it rains, it looks like it hasn't been washed for months. Blood rain? Bloody rain more like.

I would agree with what has already been said, it should be a good business opportunity, everything (windows, cars, balconies, stairs) gets very dirty very quickly in Malta thanks to all the dust and rain, but that wouldn't necessarily mean it would be easy to succeed.

The Maltese will not pay for a service that they expect their wives to do!   :)

Most flat windows (windows in flats) lift out and are easily cleaned.

Not a viable business for private dwellings, may be an opportunity for business premises.

Terry

I would pay for you to wash my neighbors windows might stop que sera sera being blasted out at 7am every Saturday morning lol but I don't think it would be a viable business model

Again, I agree - it should be a great idea but locals wash their own (if they want them clean) or it is part of a cleaners duties for those that have them. As others have said it is relatively easy to do.

There are a number of commercial office cleaner I don't know whether they are expected to clean the windows but will find out from my wifes office and let you know.

Dear sir / madam.
                          I enjoy work,  I will be pleasant window clean. Im fright of high
Indoor window clean it will be fine. I like car washing.  I'm profoundly deaf and sign language.  Im current work care assistant England for 10 years.    Indoor window clean and car washing are permanent job. I need proper job and secure. How much an hour and how many hours a weekly. 

Jacqueline Campbell

Does any body know if people have there windows cleaned in Malta, has any one seen anyone operating a water fed pole to offices, shops, flats etc, is there a need for this type of business please reply regards Claire and max
-@Max and claire

yes, water fed pole window cleaning is not just a UK or USA thing now. its really gaining traction across Europe. we recently bought a pole to clean our windows from [link moderated] the pole seems decent and the brushes do a good job but they dont sell the hose so we can to get that and also the connectors separately, bit of a pain in the ass but now we can clean our own windows and dont have to pay someone an insane amount of money to clean our windows or gutters. we just do them ourselves now

-@Max and claire
yes, water fed pole window cleaning is not just a UK or USA thing now. its really gaining traction across Europe. we recently bought a pole to clean our windows from [link under review] the pole seems decent and the brushes do a good job but they dont sell the hose so we can to get that and also the connectors separately, bit of a pain in the ass but now we can clean our own windows and dont have to pay someone an insane amount of money to clean our windows or gutters. we just do them ourselves now
-@megamind1

You have replied to a post from 2015, I imagine they know the answer by now!

@Max and claire

@Max and claire i want this job I have experience

@MovingToTheMed hello sir

@Max and claire i want this job I have experience
-@mohammedasif365

This post is 7 years old. As the original poster has been inactive for so long you will not get a response.

Closed