Playing Golf in KAUST

Is there anybody who lives in KAUST here?😊 Thanks a lot.

I hear a lot about living in KAUST, is it as easy and fun as I have heard ?

I dont live there but i could visit.

Expat_Friend wrote:

I dont live there but i could visit.

So how was is it ???  :)  I have friends living in Saudi Airlines compound, it is not that cool and visiting them requires their presence at the gate  :D

KAUST is the best place you can play golf in Jeddah. I played once there and it was amazing. Just love to spend my weekend playing golf in that place.

Jennyreo wrote:

KAUST is the best place you can play golf in Jeddah. I played once there and it was amazing. Just love to spend my weekend playing golf in that place.

Is that golf field open for nonresidents ? KUAST is in Thuwal, 90 something kilometers, you go all the way from Jeddah alone ? May I please know how ? I used to go to Thuwal to rent fishing boats, nice harbor and good fishing spots.

hi i live near of kau in jeddah

KAUST is the best place for living in Jeddah, lucky you :(

I used to come to KAUST every weekend for the beach, meeting my friends, golf, cinema, ...etc but I stopped going there since I joined the Medical college.

Are working there?

Hi Everyone my name is Greg Mackley I'm 48yo from Australia and i am new to Jeddah can anyone advise if the desert Lakes Golf Course is still in operation and if so the actual location also does anyone here live in KAUST as i would luv to play a game there, i have my own clubs and attire and ready to go just need somewhere and some people to enjoy a round of golf with.

Look forward to hearing back soon.

My Saudi number is ********* you can drop me a message anytime.

Cheers for now.

Moderated by Gavind 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal contact details on the forum for security measures.

Hi Craig,
Have you eventually found any golf course in jeddah? KAUST is for residents only? Any other options?
I am moving to Jeddah next month due to job purpose, i am a beginer of golfing but wud like to play if there is courses in/around Jeddah.

YJ

yes i am