Builder in VT needed

Hi, We are moving to live in Merdanya, near VT as soon as We sell our house in Wales. We purchased a cottage last year. Can anyone recommend a good reliable builder. I need to convert an out building into living accommodation and re-surface patio and garden paths. Thanks :-)

Hi, there is a site on facebook called british expats in Bulgaria, they have lots of members and I can recommend
a guy on ther called Fred Gough, he lives near VT, we are moving over to VT this year, hopefully in September, btw we
are also from Wales, we live in Pembrokeshire,
regards
Alison Crispin

:top: Fab, thanks for that, i will check out the Facebook page now. Hope all goes well with your move. As soon as our house sells we will move, but so far there hasn't been much interest :-( frustrating, because I want to move during the good weather, not in midst of winter!

Hi Guys

We live in VT well just outside we have a builder that we use and trust 100% his name is Tim if you need him please get in touch.

Please be aware of a couple called Dimitar (Bulgarian)and Fran(French) they will come across very friendly and helpful but they will rip you off and use poor. They hunt down English people in bars and restaurants.

Neil

Hi ,,i have been using a Local builder in Vinograd,,,called Marco,,he has put in a new Septic tank,,Drains,,Plumbing for Wet room,,Kitchen..Insulated Lounge(celler)..Plaster boarded 2 rooms,,Concrete Driveway,,and New Electrics,,and he is cheap,,,if you want his phone no,let me know,,,Good Luck,,eddie

Just a note of caution - get prices for jobs before they are started, otherwise you may find costs spiralling out of control!

Hi Kosarka,,,is it possible for you to forward your builders (tim) details please,,Regards eddie

Hi here is Tims details below

[email protected]

Just let him know that Neil has passed on his name.

Thanks Neil,for details,,will def phone him,,,,,eddie

Try and get someone local so you can project manage and can contact them if anything goes wrong.  We've been left with a half finished house that we've had to get repaired ourselves resulting in duplicate costs etc, mainly due to our lack of experience.  Got a great local builder now though so all should be well!

Hello everyone,

@Kosarka,

Can you please add your contact in the Construction and renovation in Bulgaria section of the website ?

This will surely benefit other members if they need any professional.

Thank you in advance,
Bhavna

Hi , please could you give details of builder in VT , thank you

Hi sorry for the intrusion on your post hope you don't mind, my name is Dave and I am a builder from England in Kent we are planning to move out to Bulgaria this time next year and I will be doing the same sort of work when we get there, I am coming out there again on the 30th August this year and would be happy to take a look if that's something you are willing to agree to?
I have been a builder for over 30 years and have a really good reputation as a builder and a teacher of the building trade
Kind regards Dave