Please help me in my migration to Jakarta, Indonesia

Hi Friends,

I am Satendra from India , planning to migrate in Jakarta,Indonesia so please help me here as i am very curious to know many things before coming to Jakarta-

what would be the cost of living in Jakart as we are three members(me, my wife and my son(4+ years))?
Is there any indian national school for my son in Jakarta? (my office address - PLAZA AGRO lt.8 & 9, Jl HRRasuna, Said Kav.X-2 1, South Jakarta 12950, ​​Jakarta)
how can i connect to indian community in Jakarta?
and what else should i explore before migrating to Indonesia?

if any one can share his contact no then i will connect on call to know more

Thanks in advance for helping me here.

satendra

Indian communities - Yes
Indian schools - yes
Cost of living - depends how you want to live.

Some expats manage happily on Rp20 million/month, whilst most locals live on a quarter of that.

Thanks Fred for the valuable inputs. one more query, is this country is good from security point of view for expats?

Indian schools are presumably fee-paying ones only Fred and there is no access to Government-run schools (i.e. free schooling)?

satendrapathak wrote:

Hi Friends,

I am Satendra from India , planning to migrate in Jakarta,Indonesia so please help me here as i am very curious to know many things before coming to Jakarta-

what would be the cost of living in Jakart as we are three members(me, my wife and my son(4+ years))?
Is there any indian national school for my son in Jakarta? (my office address - PLAZA AGRO lt.8 & 9, Jl HRRasuna, Said Kav.X-2 1, South Jakarta 12950, ​​Jakarta)
how can i connect to indian community in Jakarta?
and what else should i explore before migrating to Indonesia?

if any one can share his contact no then i will connect on call to know more

Thanks in advance for helping me here.

satendra

You are planning to move to Indonesia with you family but you don't tell if you move here because of your job. If you just want to move here because Indonesia is a nice place to live you might be wrong, in the event you have a job secured and working legally things may can work out.

Gravitas wrote:

Indian schools are presumably fee-paying ones only Fred and there is no access to Government-run schools (i.e. free schooling)?

The Indian schools, as with all the best schools, are fee paying.
National schools (government run) - I have never heard of an expat child in one, so I have no idea.
(I will have to find out)

I do know a lot about them, mostly they tend to offer a lower level of education than fee paying schools. The private schools have a lot of cash to spend on top quality teachers, so the playing field isn't level.

The Gandhi school, as I understand it, has an excellent reputation, but I have no clue as to the fees.
The OP could contact them directly.

http://www.gandhijkt.org/contacts/

Security isn't much of an issue.
There is a level of minor crime, but it's hardly a problem.
There is a tiny level of extremist activity, but nothing aimed at expats in years.

If you live in an estate or (Heaven forbid) a condo, your chances of being a victim are almost zero.

Your biggest headaches will be transport and paperwork.

Jakarta enjoys terrible traffic jams, many cause by micro buses and lousy driving, the rest being sheer weight of traffic. Try to live as close to your work as possible. Most schools arrange transport for the kids (at a price)

Make sure you have you have all the required documents. Your company will set up the KITAS and work permit, but make sure you get the local stuff. It's cheap, but hard to find.
There have been some raids, a few expats being detained for not having local documents.
However, this is considered a minor offence that brings a fine of about US$4, and does not give you a criminal record.
You may end up wasting half a day in detention, so try to see your local pak RT as soon as possible.

Thanks Fred:-)

Hi,

It doesn't mean i am looking for government schools , i am looking for a school where my son can get indian community, the school where mostly Indians prefer.
so i think GMIS, jakarta will be good for my requirement.

Thanks

satendrapathak wrote:

Hi,

It doesn't mean i am looking for government schools , i am looking for a school where my son can get indian community, the school where mostly Indians prefer.

If you're only here short term, maybe a year, I'd go with that.
If you're here long term, go for one of the other international schools so your kids can adapt to the local environment.

You can check Royal Academy or ISEC in Taman Rasuna and can take apartment on rent there also....there is a very big indian community..with many Indian groceries shops.
and best part your office on Rasuna said so very near...can avoid Jakarta traffic