Moving to KL soon and I know no one...

Hey,

My name is Zara and I am moving to KL end of August/beginning of September and I was wondering if there are any like minded people here who would make friends online that can then be taken into real world as soon as I arrive there :) I am quite International (I originate from Iran but grew up in Finland, and stayed in UK for 6 years studying), I love travelling, socializing, meeting new people, I visit the gym regularly and am looking forward to picking up my squash racquet again. I am easy to talk to, friendly, open minded and am looking to make friends in both female and male section :). So if you feel like you would want to make a new friend, drop me a msg :)

hi im here to help u

No worries, Malaysia is warm and the people are friendly .
Many Global communities here, you will be alright.
Get your racquet ,you will meet a lot of people.
cheers & All the best

Hi zara,

Welcome to KL. I will be moving to KL in June 1st week if you want any information feel free to contact me. @ bonala.nagesh at g mail dot com

Hi Zara,

Hope this mail finds you in best of health.

I just saw your post in the forum, and thought of getting connected with you. I am an indian, and moved to KL around 20 days back.

I am sure you will check my profile to get the info... so until here :-)

Best

Bharat

[email protected]

Hay, wonderful that u are coming to KL. I will be in place to help u out and to guide you and even connect you with my Iranian work mate, to make things easy for you. Feel free to contact me
Thanks.

Welcome to Kl in Sep (!)

Thanks you guys, little bit less nervous after the comments, seems like I have chosen the right country in terms of friendly ppl :)

Zara, u are most welcome.....

Hi Zara...I'm also new in KL..just been here for 3 weeks..let's explore KL together when you come here if you're not mind :)

Looking forward to it :)

hai zara

am kumar from india .. am also recently moved to Kualampur . i came here for work. me also no more friends to hangout....

i would like to continue friendship to know each other zara

can you ping me your gtalk or fb id

thank you

kumar

Hello!

I am looking into moving to KL too! :cool:
No friends there, never been there before.. But I'm diving in head first! No regrets, no worries!

Would be very nice to have a chat or two sometime!

Hi

man KL zendegi mikonam , baraye zendegi mikhay biyay ya faghat visit ?

Salam Anesthetic,

Mikham baraye zendeki biyam, vaseye bezeshki ghabul shodem :) Chen sale unchayi? (LOL; sorry for my very poor writing!)

ok , man 3 sale ke injam . miyay ke dars bekhooni ? age farsit khob nist english javab bede

Farsim khobe weli khob nemitonem harfe latini farsi benevisem, lol. Are mikham biyam ders bekhonem, khodet che kar mikoni uncha?

Welcome Zara.. You wont find it hard to mix around with people here. Very diverse culture and friendly people around you.
Just my two cents of advice.. Try to base yourself near some university area. As for me I chose an university area coz its always bustling with activity and you can find like minded people very easily.
Cheers..!

hi zara my name is jacky
i will go KL on tuesday next week hopefully that i can make with u! i'm new to KL too a bit nervous, dont really know how to find a roomate to share the room with lolzz
please contact me by mail [email protected]

Good Day!

A very warm welcome to Kuala Lumpur, Zara! What's the occasion of moving here to KL? Business or school? Don't worry as Malaysians, they're all friendly and joyful! Be sure to try out the Malaysian Cuisine. Not to be missed!!!

Regards,

An

Hi there :) I think you are a good person. Are you already in Kl. Coz I really need good friends with pure heart there in KL. But for the meantime I am still studying. And I am planning to go there once I finish my course and be able to accumulate enough money for me to visit KL. :0

Hello!!!
Thank you as I'll take that as a compliment! Here in KL, you have to mix around a little to get to know the people. Once you've meet them, its your turn to judge whether they're right for you to be friends with or not. Not to worry about the food here as eat/dine here it relatively cheap if you don't mind street food. I hope you have a huge appetite like I do! Be sure to update me real soon!!!

Owh and forgotten 1 more thing. I'm local so I can show you around for sightseeing..

Hi Zara, Im moving to KL next month.  I have no friends there yet.  I need friends to go shopping, go to high tea, go out, dine out with!  Lets meet up when you arrive in KL!!!  k

hai pinkumi

i would like to help little bit to roam in and around kl, welcome to KL

ping me

once you need help

[email protected]

Hey Zara.Whats up? I am Omar. I am staying in Kuala lumpur,Malaysia and I work as a language consultant for a foreign company. let me know if u are interested in hangin out.
cheers.

Omar, could you please avoid posting the same message everywhere ? You should better present yourself in the new members section

Zara84 wrote:

Hey,

My name is Zara and I am moving to KL end of August/beginning of September and I was wondering if there are any like minded people here who would make friends online that can then be taken into real world as soon as I arrive there :) I am quite International (I originate from Iran but grew up in Finland, and stayed in UK for 6 years studying), I love travelling, socializing, meeting new people, I visit the gym regularly and am looking forward to picking up my squash racquet again. I am easy to talk to, friendly, open minded and am looking to make friends in both female and male section :). So if you feel like you would want to make a new friend, drop me a msg :)

Hi Zara,

I like going to gym as well

There's a spacious and nice gym in the condo where I stay,,

Perhaps  when you arrive.. We can go to gym together :) for free

Hey Zara,

I'm from California and been working out here for the last two years. My girlfriend is moving out here this month and I'm sure she would be looking forward to meeting some cool girls. If you have have a local number when you arrive, PM me and I'll pass it to her.

aussieaussieaussieoioioi wrote:

Hey Zara,

I'm from California and been working out here for the last two years. My girlfriend is moving out here this month and I'm sure she would be looking forward to meeting some cool girls. If you have have a local number when you arrive, PM me and I'll pass it to her.

Hi!

Im here in KL with My partner/boyfriend
Perhaps you're girlfriend can hang out with us( other friends) sometimes

Cheers

Just my girlfriend?? How did I get uninvited to this event? :P

Just my girlfriend?? How did I get uninvited to this event? :P

Hahaha

We will do our thing ( girl stuffs)

It's a girl circle :)

Hey Mayumi,

First of all my apologies for it has taken me so long to get back at you, I work crazy amount of hours and by the time I get home from work, I am too dozed off to get online and reply to msgs tbh, sorry bout that. May I ask what is it you do in KL? Local right? How seriously do you work out at the gym? Is it to just stay fit or you into hard core muscle training? I am in between the two I guess, I work out 5-6 times a week, with quite intense workout plan :) Do you have other hobbies? I will be arriving in about a month, quite excited tbh :)

Anyway, hope to hear from you soon!

Zara

[moderated: off topic + avoid copy paste msg]

Hello, i hope you are enjoying your stay so far. I'm studying here for now, so if you need somebody around to show you must-see places, then send me a message. Enjoy your time here, i know its hard to stay somewhere with no winter :D

Lilleeng wrote:

Hello!

I am looking into moving to KL too! :cool:
No friends there, never been there before.. But I'm diving in head first! No regrets, no worries!

Would be very nice to have a chat or two sometime!

no worries.. you are most welcome... good luck and all the best

Zara84 wrote:

Hey,

hi zara.. welcome to malaysia.. no worries.. all the best to u!

Hey Zara,

say hi to your girlfriend.. perhaps we could hang out sometime once she is settled :)

Mini4 et al.

There are lots of members who would really like someone to arrange an event they can attend. EB will help if necessary in any way, but it should be based on own costs.

If anyone feels like making this meet up actually happen, go for it

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 18&p=2

Hi, You can contact me through whatsapp ******************* ( Augustine).

Moderated by Gavind 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal contact details on the forum for security measures.