Philippines Stopping Filipinas from Leaving As A Tourist?

This was an interesting thread.  I was a bit puzzled by some bits, but only based on my two experiences of taking a Filipina out of the country.

Sept 2012: I took a Filipina out of the country for 3 months, after only having met her 2 weeks earlier, but had known her on the internet for 2 months.

Nov 2014:  I took another Filipina out of the country for 3 months, but I had met her 6 months before.

Neither time was a problem, but both times just a few quick questions to her from an Immigration person at the airport. No proof of anything was asked for.

No hotel reservations needed, but return tickets were in our possession.  Of course I was actually with her, so this is different than for some cases mentioned in the thread.

you can't blame the Philippine immigration. Blame those Filipino who traveled as tourist but their main intention is to seek employment.

once a Filipino is on the boarding area he is no longer consider in the philippines. so his/her records when he/she left is tourist. some ofw who had problem abroad had no record in poea as ofw. just like mary jane. yet when trouble is here they are blaming phil. gov't.

when you are out of your country you cannot guarantee a quick help from your embassy.

hmm omg! lol how bout me then? my last trip to Singapore last December is only 14 days then my bf's family ask me to extend my trip and make it 30 days.. so i stay in Singapore for 30 days, then im goin back to Singapore this year, i alrdy booked my RT tickets.. is the immigration won't let me go on my trip this year?

it depends on the immigration officer.

traveling to southeast asia neighboring countries is not as hassle as before. immigration is no longer strict to us. thanks to asean integration :)

Ill be leaving again to Thailand this June 14 to 16.anyone here that wants to come and join me?im a solo traveller .

I am in Pattaya if you come here,.I can show you around.

Ill be staying in BKK,sorry.been here last May :) but u can msg me if ever u want to meet..

Do you have Facebook? My name is Gary Whitwell on FB

I juz have whatsapp,pm me :)

This thread is a bit overwhelming.  I'm American and will be coming to the Philippines to visit my Filipina girlfriend next month.  We met 7 months ago when I was in the Philippines, and we traveled together for 2 months in the Philippines.

When I come back we will travel around the Philippines for 1-2 months, then we will backpack around SE Asia for an undetermined amount of time, I'd guess 4-6 months.

We need to book a round trip ticket for her.  How long after we leave should I make the return ticket for?  How many hotel reservations do we need?  Obviously it's not possible to book 4-6 months of hotels ahead of time.  Do I need to book myself a return ticket too or can we just say I'm continuing to travel without her?

Should we be honest about our long trip or should we act like she's coming back in a few weeks?

flux8 wrote:

We need to book a round trip ticket for her.  How long after we leave should I make the return ticket for?  How many hotel reservations do we need?  Obviously it's not possible to book 4-6 months of hotels ahead of time.  Do I need to book myself a return ticket too or can we just say I'm continuing to travel without her?

Should we be honest about our long trip or should we act like she's coming back in a few weeks?

On my latest trip out of the Philippines with my girlfriend, I made no hotel reservations, and the return ticket is 5 months after leaving. She does have a Visa though.

No questions were asked of her at the airport.  So that's three recent personal experiences now (100% success), for me and a Filipina, without any exit problems. 

So there may be differences for Filipinas leaving without Visas.

YOU do not need a return ticket.  However, when you return to the Philippines you will need a ticket out again.

yes, but the one thing for Immigration to see is the Filipina bank account.
I deposited 30,000php in my G/F bank account, to show that she could support herself for a visit to my country. Also It helps if she has a job and a letter from her boss to show that she had a job if she returned to the Philippines. They are 2 requirement Immigration look for in any visitors visa. Cheers

KiwiSam wrote:

yes, but the one thing for Immigration to see is the Filipina bank account.
I deposited 30,000php in my G/F bank account, to show that she could support herself for a visit to my country. Also It helps if she has a job and a letter from her boss to show that she had a job if she returned to the Philippines. They are 2 requirement Immigration look for in any visitors visa. Cheers

Neither of the two Filipinas that came to visit in Australia had bank accounts of their own. 

A job is helpful, with letter re holiday period, but again neither of these were working.

difference situations for different countries.

KiwiSam wrote:

difference situations for different countries.

I will have to assume you are talking about New Zealand for yours then ?

yes

it is not about stopping Filipinas  from leaving as tourist..i think its more of protecting them from staying illegal in other countries that could lead into danger or immigration problems eventually..i think that if they  could satisfy the immigration and present all the "necessary requirements/documents/proof" to travel as a tourists in any country there wont be any reason for them to be questioned.they have to check the financial capabilities ofcourse to make sure one can support  they're stay in that country.if they don't have enough or sufficient money to show,how will one be able to go around,pay for accommodation, buy stuff and enjoy  being a TOURIST? If they have their bf/gf going with them ,its less questionable maybe bec  there's a bit of security in that,that theres someone from that country that will be responsible for that person but still need to get the required documents and stuff.

for fellow Filipinos. lets not give them reason to doubt..FOLLOW  THE RULES, GET PROPER REQUIREMENTS (LEGALLY) and Save for it..its more fun and relaxing touring around somewhere if  ur mind is at ease and ur not hiding from any officers. God bless everyone!

yes will said. Good advice.
At the time we applied for a visitors visa, there was an investigation concern 4 Filipino men bring young Filipinas into NZ using them for Illegal gain. They were court and went to Jail. Idont know what happened to the 10 young ladies they bought in. But We were given a special visitors visa for 1 month only, no extensions. But as it turned out, the lady I bought over (and we were known to each other for 2 years, and I had travel twice to the Philippines) she was a nice person the first trip, the second time just a nightmare. I ended up taking her to court 3 times.
Your post is great. Do this correctly. always save your chats like I did and all correspondence, if sometime goes wrong, you have the proof. It saved me from going to jail under false pretences.
But there is good and bad in all cultures. I love the Philippines.

Doesnt matter if you extended your prior trip. For as long the documents they might ask from you is complete. And answer the immigration ofcr with confidence. Then no worries.

hi a 29 yr old filipina here .
I am about to leave in 1 weeks bound tonthailand . to tell you the truth I'm a married girl and have a son . but me and my husband decided to go on our separate ways 3yrs ago . then I met my half German half Filipino bf now . he's in germany now. and were almost 2 yrs. it's our anniversary on December so instead of celebrating  it here in the Philippines we chose to celebrate in Thailand . I've the flight ticket which he booked few months ago with his credit card , hotel bookings coz well be staying there 24 days . his supporting letter together with his docs such as comp I'd . passport copy , receipt of the credit card where he booked all. his birth cert . his bank cert. I just wanna ask is there any prob that I am married bit I'll meet my bf in Thailand . pls help me

thanks

cont. should I tell the immigration that I'll be meeting my fb there ? will they ask me how come you've bf when you're married . should I say I am separated.? can I have this so called CFO if I'm married?  I am a 29 yes old girl and o think this is not a good age to be on the human trafficking scheme . and my bf is younger than me he's just 27 . can you pls hel me pls what to do. thank you so so Mich in advance ... I'll wait for your reply ....

thanks

Telling the truth is always best, only one story to know.  No one on this forum can advocate breaking any laws, and lying to immigration is a crime.

tell them the truth

just tell them the truth if they ask you..always good to  tell the truth..they might know ur married but they will still ask u anyway,for the sake of testing ur honesty ..dont give them reason to doubt you.theyre just trying to protect  their country and you as well.Tell the truth..less lies to remember,less chances of making a mistake.Good luck and God Bless you

clayyee wrote:

cont. should I tell the immigration that I'll be meeting my fb there ? will they ask me how come you've bf when you're married . should I say I am separated.? can I have this so called CFO if I'm married?  I am a 29 yes old girl and o think this is not a good age to be on the human trafficking scheme . and my bf is younger than me he's just 27 . can you pls hel me pls what to do. thank you so so Mich in advance ... I'll wait for your reply ....

thanks

The CFO is not for Tourist Visas, only for Immigrant Visas.

Filipino emigrants or those leaving the country to settle permanently abroad are required to register with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas. Part of its registration requirements is attendance in the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) to prepare them for settlement overseas.

this topic is no longer applicable today because of the implementation of asean integration :D

professor cebu wrote:

this topic is no longer applicable today because of the implementation of asean integration :D

It's good to hear that asean integration has fixed the human trafficking problem and the BoI no longer need to implement this action to safeguard from human trafficking.  But I haven't seen it published anywhere.

This was the reason stated for these actions:

2. When are additional documents required?

Consistent with anti-human trafficking, -human smuggling, and -illegal recruitment laws, additional documents shall be required after (1), when:

a. Passenger discloses a doubtful, false or suspect travel intent;

b. Passports and travel documents/visas are counterfeit, fraudulent, falsified, simulated or tampered; and

Passenger's totality of circumstances manifests a well-founded certainty of human trafficking, smuggling or illegal recruitment.

2.1. What are considered under 2(c)?

Age/Health;
Educational attainment;
Financial capability for travel;
Travel history, if any; and
Final destination.
http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/travel-req

Visiting in Thailand
Good day! i ask help from Angeles City. We are plan with my boyfriend go in Thailand for 30 days turist. I want to know what we will need to know and make sure they will let me (we travel together) pass the immigration. Its my first time to travel out of Philippines. I am not working now and he will pay and take care for all my expenses in Thailand same as here in Philippines. Please tell me the requirements for us. Thank you from info!

My gf write in my expat account she is girl.

Hi,
The immigration here just doing their job,they just being strict to avoid human trafficking,,if she have a complete papers as a tourist,,there will be no problem with the immigration officer,,good luck to both of you,

Thank Ednayee so much from your nice reply.
Please you or any one let us know what all papers Philippine peoples need to have all complete, this is one big question what we wondering and want get to know?

Hi,
As for my personal experience when I go to Vietnam as a tourist,I just have my round trip ticket and and personal invitation letters from my close friend who live in Vietnam,, that's all I present to the. Immigration,I have no problem,I think just have a complete documents,,you will be allowed to go any country you want to visit,,good luck,, enjoy the holidays,,

We gonna travel together but no know if need invite when travel together and man take care all expenses and flights etc but still scare what they want documents and what they asking?

As per experience when I went to Singapore to met up my bf.. I just present my employment ID.. Money is ready for 25k so was the invitation letter (he was working in SG at that time).. But immigration asked me, 1. Are you employed here? Yes, can I have your ID? I hand her my ID..
2. is your bf a Filipino or foreign? I said Filipino..

And she allowed me to board in.

Hi there, as per my experience last 2014 was also my first time travel as tourist abroad. I asked my friend to join me that time, we are travelling together and met my boyfriend at Kuala Lumpur, i prepared every documents they might ask me to present base on my research:

1. Round trip ticket(i think shorter period than 1 month is better)

2. Hotel booking (same with the ticket date)

3. Company ID

4. Income Tax Return

5. Bank statement where in my hotel booking and flight ticket was booked.

6. Government IDs

7. Pocket Money

In the actual situation, they asked me and my friend about how many days we will be travelling and what we will be doing at the country destination.

My friend did not bring anything of the listed docs. Just our ticket and hotel booking. She was asked for her company ID and governement IDs, they were quite strict when she cannot present any IDs.

The IO who interviewed me about the travel details asked who booked the ticket and hotels, good thing i brought my bank statement to present to them, you should be confident to answer all their questions, if not it will be a red flag for them.

Then they let us in. And i experienced my first time travel abroad.

The second time i was travelling with my boyfriend (he is a foreign by the way) my ticket is for 5 days but we do not have any hotel booking because we will stay at his parent's house to visit. Maybe due to my stamped passport they did not asked anything about travel details, the IO lady simply stamped by passport.

When we arrived at KLIA2 everything was okay as we are having a connecting flight to Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia, but when we arrived at the original destination they were quite strict and i have provided a wrong ticket to the IO and let me wait for all the passengers to pass, but they eventually let me pass because i provided them the right ticket.

My third travel i was alone, everything is fine.

Just a piece of advice, I think it is better if you book a shorter period of round trip ticket, because it may look like your boyfriend (who is a foreign) is bringing you somewhere else for travelling in 1 month period, the IO will just do their job to protect our countrymen from human trafficking.

Ok I write from our case. So we gonna fly together from Philippine to Thailand after my gf get passport.

I am retired man from Europe and have income monthly pension.
(Do I need prepare written certificate from my monthly income?)

I own condo in Thailand where I live and where we gonna stay, I have written certificate from my condo and living place if need show to immigration?
(Or is it better for immigrants if she or we stay in hotel?)

I can show bank savings to airport immigrant officer, passbook balance what I updated few days before my arrive day to Philippines. (Or better take xerox copy?)

I also plan write invite letter even we are there together what include my and shes personal details, address and assure and guarantee to take care of her and her needs and take financial responsibility for her, and all travel and daily living expenses during her visit to Thailand and her return back to the Philippines.

We has also pictures where we are with shes child and sister and brothers together, many pics but without parents cause they live far in south.
We also have our chat history when I out from Phil. (some one tell the may can ask chat history? I no know.)
She have passport now under construction what would be ready in few near days.

Then or plais apply 60 days visa for her or is it better she come as 30 days tourist or how?

If any one have experience is this enough to get me and my gf travel together to Thailand what I have and can show to immigration in airport or some one have any good tips?

Friend ,
relax ,

If first travel for her ,,, and if you travel WITH her , no problem.

Bring all documents with you.
You will be interviewed separatly .

Just tell pure Truth , proove you are together for long time and you want hollydays with your girl friend .
Show them pictures together (Facebook or personals) , proof of western union , all that can prove .
Bring your laptop or tablet and prepare the show , lol.
They will make you sign documents you engage to bring her back .

Be smily , selfconfident , and Schedule early because it can take one hour .

Regards

no need visa for pinays going to thailand , for short stay ....it's ok 1 month i think

To finish , ant thai IO will ask anything to your gf ..
After she will have to process same any tourist in thailand ,, paying extensions etc lol