Got Milk?

I live in Quezon City and i am asking if anyone knows where i can buy the exact same kind of whole milk that is sold in the States?  for some reason the milk has a funny taste and i cant seem to acquire the taste.  Please help! I love milk so much that it might be a huge reason to return to California.

Have u tried s&r

my fiance told me about S & R yesterday and i might be going tomorrow.

Thanks Sir!!!

I am also from California and have been missing fresh milk.  Yes there are times when SNR has California Milk and it is very tasty.  It is not whole milk or raw milk at 3.5% fat, straight from the cow.  It is pasteurized 1-2% low fat milk from organically fed cows.  I believe the brand is called "Heritage" but not sure.  Most of the time it is in stock and while there, you may consider some fresh Florida Orange Juice (also found in the refrigeration section). Enjoy!!!

Thanks! Inglewood native.

mrmrh8381 wrote:

Thanks! Inglewood native.

Riverside County.. then Orange County for the last 35 years!  Welcome to the PI!

thanks for the welcome.

moved out here this past march from beaumont, ca.

it's been 30 yrs since i was last here. Navy Vet.

take care buddy.

please post any info if you find good milk, I have been to the philippines a few times an plan on moving there this year the one thing I really miss is good cows milk from canada. take care bud

going to a place called S & R. it requires membership, was going today but decided to hold off til Monday.  will inform you of what they have and how it taste if i purchase anything.

mrmrh8381 wrote:

going to a place called S & R. it requires membership, was going today but decided to hold off til Monday.  will inform you of what they have and how it taste if i purchase anything.

Enjoy your shopping at S&R.. just remember that it is a copy of COSTCO and many of the same brands will be found there (i.e., Kirkland). The same type storage racks are used and looks much like what we see in California while shopping at Costco. So, just like COSTCO, it has a yearly membership fee of about P700 (and about P500 for spouse or gf under your account) for the Gold Membership Card.

PS - Not sure what your washer type is but I did buy the large container (1.32 gal) of concentrated liquid Tide for my automatic washer.  The powder version here may not wash as well in the cold water and here in cooler Tagaytay leaves a residue.  The US version liquid Tide is a bit over P1400 but is rated to last 110 washes.

Which S&R are you going to? The one on Congressional Avenue? Fresh milk is pricey. I found that the milk spoils quickly, even if I've transported it in an airconditioned car.  (It's just so hot here in the Philippines.)  So, if you're planning on buying fresh milk, I would advise bringing a cooler. This would help keep the milk fresher longer. And besides, you never know how long you'd be stuck in traffic.

You can really tell the difference between fresh and UHT, and products that use either one. Branded milk chocolate direct from the US (Hershey's, M&M's, Mars, etc.) really taste different from the same brand imported from Malaysia. Most probably due to the type of milk used. Same with other dairy like yogurt and cream cheese.

thanks for the info Calif-Native

Yes a very good point.  I have always used a cooler or insulated bag or ice from S&R to transport the milk or Orange juice back to Tagaytay.

Try Rustan's in Makati, I haven't been there for a while now but this place do cater to expats' needs.

Thanks for all the suggestions that were given but i found what i am looking for here in QC. S & R has exactly what i need. i practically spent $400 without realizing it.

Thanks again!

My first trip there I think I spent about P11K ...Indeed a far-west extension of Costco… happy to hear "you got milk" and no need to book a return flight back to Cali for a milk fix any time soon!!

thanks buddy

http://hollysmilk.com/

....or if you are in Mindanao like I am:

http://panpages.ph/mobile/listings/ph19 … h-products

Try the Australian milk (If you can get it there).
It's top quality and very nice.