Reporting Dangerous Drivers?

Has anyone ever bothered to report dangerous drivers?
If so, to whom? The traffic directorate?
Also, if so, was it worth it or do they just hang up and forget about it?

I get angry at pathetic driving daily. But now someone deliberately tried to cause me and my family harm just because heavy traffic on the highway didn't allow them to go as fast as they wanted. I happened to be the car in front on him. Despite many cars in front of me and no where for anyone to go he got mad at me. We were in teh left lane on the highway and we were all moving along at 100 kph. When I could I moved over. He had no where to go and could only move up one car and harass the car in front of me; however, he hung along side me for a second. We made eye contact that led to hand gestures being exchanged. Then he swerved his car towards us violently. I swerved to avoid being hit (luckily no one as immediately next to me in the right lane at that exact moment) and only because we did he didn't hit us. We both almost lost control from the violent swerve at 100 kph. After he expressed his anger he went on to chase the other cars. I got his license plate number and would love to find a way to get this idiot off the road forever.

Somehow I think it is impossible though and nothing would come of me trying to report him.

I have been here only over a month and I saw many people driving crazy here.
Everything is a bit slow here except driving.

I slowly worry about my driving habit changing.
I noticed that I am getting bad habits to follow the traffic here.
For example, early starting at orange light. If I am not doing like that people behind me are crazy.

Sorry not really answering your question but I would like to know the place I can complain as well.

you could try to report them to the traffic directorate, but most of the times if no harm was dealt with they just tell you they will look into it and nothing happens.

but its still worth it as someone else may have reported him .

and i apologize on behalf of all ( sane ) bahraini drivers on what happened to you and your family dear friend.

hope you all are good

Reagrds

I have had few incidents of people driving extra stupidly and rashly because I have not driven fast enough for their liking or over taken them (obviously offends males here being overtaken by a female!!!)
I have had people drive so close behind me 1/2 the time I am just tempted to slam my brakes.
Do not think there is much one can do unless a collision actually occurs unfortunately.

Ur so right Fchadari , but sometimes males dont get offended , on the contrary they get excited and try to race the ladies that overtake them , i say that because i know such males  :P .

And i do slam the brakes too whenever they get too close to my rear bumper , or signaling to the fence side so they know that im saying ( if ur in a hurry than overtake me mister DRIVER  :/ )

It is a shame there is not more done about the poor driving here, people are so impatient and it causes so many unnecessary accidents. Driving far too close is the main issue, there is no need for it, and why do they have to wait until the last minute to come off at a junction?! But my real problem is seeing so many children without seat belts on, their parents are wearing them but they are climbing all over the car, they would have no chance in an accident!
Sorry to rant, just wish they would get educated on road safety!

Hope you & your family are ok, it must of shook you all up.

Hello Stakan,

if you have his car's number plate u can expose him   directly by the police (not traffic police) in the area where this harassment by car happened. Something similiar happened to me too. Unfortunately my car was hit by his dangerous punishment alike drivings' skill. The thing is that more than a month is over and I m still waiting to go to court.

Good luck

very sad to hear about the incident Stakan. It has happened with me as well but unfortunately i dont think anything could be done, some of my friends have tried to get attention of cops showing them videos as well but no action was taken. At times i have lost my patience on road and then the whole day you keep thinking over the same, over the time you realize its not worth it, so i have decided to give way to those in hurry and keep my co passengers and me safe on the roads. You life is more precious than those idiots on roads.

T&R

logicalindian, you (and others) are right - it isn't worth letting them ruin my day or risk danger to my family by taking action. I usually give way and let idiots be their true selves.

However, in this particular case we were in serious danger regardless. He was trying hard to get by us and there was no where to go. As soon as I cold I moved over to let him by and he was faced still with the cars that had been in front of me. There was still no where for him to go. But since I was the car that he had raced up behind and the one unfortunate to be in front of him he took it out on me. Once along side of us he swerved his car towards us to show his misplaced and unfounded anger. It literally was very close to causing a very serious accident involving many cars. To me (and by law in some countries) his actions were vehicular assault. That is the same as threatening someone with a knife or a gun.

Perhaps if people would stop just letting idiots get away with their stupidity we could force a change?

Everything is a bit slow here except driving.

- lol as funny as this sounds, ive experienced this here too.  :P

I would have thought with the recent driving fines, such as speeding, jumping traffic lights, use of mobile phones while driving and so on, there would be an improvement on the road. After reading Stakan's post im not surprised at the driving that goes on here still.

I too have encountered issues where speedy gonzales behind me wants to get past even though i cant get out of the way...but they keep flashing their lights thinking my car will fly away..   :P

In Europe and some parts of the world, we have strict driving rules that are there to keep drivers on the road safe.
Unfortunately its not quite the same here.
If you can keep to the good rules from your country (not bad habbits) you can help make driving safe here and not pick up the bad driving habits that go on here.

;)

As LogicalIndian mentioned, give way to those in a 'hurry' and keep your self and co passengers safe.  :top:

heh... had a to chuckle at reading your posts here. You lot should come over to Riyadh for a day and drive around. You'll never complain about driving in Bahrain again, I can assure you.

Compared to the rest of the Gulf, driving in Bahrain is easy and roads are well-maintained.