British Indian style Curry

Hi,

I've noticed a few posts on the Expat.com asking about decent curry. As some will be aware, the Indian restaurants and takeaways in the UK are very very good, with many expats craving after it. I know that the quality of food in the middle east is superb, but there's something about the old style British Indian curries which are hard to beat.

I've been a fan of it for a long time, and 6 months ago started making videos, mainly of cooking the main favourites.. Madras, Jalfrezi, Dopiaza, Vindaloo etc. If you'd like to take a look, my YouTube channel is at British Indian Curries - MistyRicardo YouTube Channel (youtube.com/user/MistyRicardo/videos)

If you have any questions, I welcome them on the youtube side.

Hello rshome123,

I moved your thread on our England forum, since it seemed to be the most appropriate section for your post.

Is cooking British Indian style curry one of your hobbies?

Thank you,
Gavind.

OMG

I miss little of England but the Indian food is top of that short list.
The biggest problem is how spoilt I was, my home town having the best Indian (Pakistani really, but who cares?) food in South Yorkshire.
Seriously, there was not a lot to touch that place unless you went to Akbar's Pakistani restaurant in Rotherham.
I'm unsure I dare watch the youtube as I might well well book a flight to England for a curry.

Hello Fred,

Maybe you should try one of those recipes?

In all honesty i did watch the videos  :D  and i am planning to try some, maybe this weekend.

Cheers,
Gavind

OK OK OK - you got me.
I'm a major curry head, and really miss the stuff.
I just can't find a good place out here.