New members of the Japan forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Japan forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Japan if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Japan forum, introduce yourself here – 1st quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hello! I'm Italian, 38 years old, traveling a lot but actually choosed Portugal as a base camp!
The plan is to move to Japan as soon as possible, Kyoto would be my first choice and the idea is to find fashion distributors to commercialize my creations .. or maybe ope a shop .. guess I would need a local partner to do that! Any advice, suggestion or proposal is welcome. Hope to hear from you soon!
Katia

[Moderated : Off topic, please drop advert in the Jobs section ]

Tell me when you are ready to come to Japan.

Hey everyone

I'm Mariam from morocco, 23 years old and i'am planning to continue my studies in the amaazing country Japan, so i actually need help about this... I have many question to ask you guys... like how is the living there, how much an average student can spend in month,... and question like that .... soo i'm sure i'll find a good company here :D

Looking forward to hearing from you

Mariam

what kind of study will you do in Japan?

I'm willing to get a master degree in japan ... i searched the courses i can study and i found international project management course available in the Graduate school of management of Kyoto university .

kyoto University is second highest level in Japan, I also graduated the University in Kyoto Ritsumeikan.
I hope you will be in Kyoto soon.

Hello! I am a graduate student at Doshisha University, originally from Stockholm, Sweden. I've been to Japan several times and have moved here in September 2014 to take a two years master degree. I'm interested in talking to other expats in Japan! Here is my blog!  Daniel Jacobson - (danieljacobson.info)

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu

Daniel Jacobson

Hello people of the world ^-^

I'm Christine and I'll be graduating next year. I want to really work in Japan :3 can anyone help me or give me advice ? : ) thank you ! : ))

Hi, everyone. I am Japanese living in Kurume Fukuoka. I´ve just found this wonderful site. Although I am Japanese and not to be the one to suits on this site, I wanna do anything what I can

Thank you

Shoko

Hi, which country do you like best?

UK is the one I love, for that  I studied there for 3 years

UK Nice and Good country.
I used been to Holland, also nice country.
Let's share the nice country.

Hi all,

I am Ai Lian, Chinese from Malaysia.
My boyfriend is a Japanese and i might need to move to live in Himeji, Japan.
I really wish to know if it is easy to live there as i know the standard living is really high.
If anyone can tell me, what is the minimum income that will be enough for both expense there if only one person is working?
Does the earthquake there scary?
Can anyone please advise?

Warm regards with many thanks.

Hi Christine,

May i know where are you from and what make you wanted to go live in Japan so much?

Hello,

I am Jojee! I am from the Philippines and I'll be an incoming graduate student at Doshisha University starting the Fall semester of this year. I've never been to Japan before and would really like to know about expenses, things to do, weather, fashion, whatever that can help. Want someone to learn Japanese with also! and of course be friends.

Arigatou gozaimasu! ^^

Hi Lian,
Well I want to work in Japan because my boyfriend is living there :3 ^^ : )) and I always love Japan and its culture : ) yiy! : ] I'm from the Philippines : ) and I'll be graduating next year in Business Administration major in Banking and Finance :( and I think its will be hard for someone like me who can't speak Japanese to find a job in Japan :'0 :'((( x_X  but I really hope next year I can find a way to go to Japan! : ) yay! : ))

Hello christien,
Sy sangat senang bs masuk dlm expatblog.sy ingin pindah dan bekerja di Jepang tuk memperbaiki taraf hidup dan kehidupan sy. Bny kisah hidup sukses dr orang indo di jepang. Sy bs ingin segera bekerja jika sy sdh du jepang dan belajar bhs jepang.sy apoteker.jd sangat senang apabila bs bekerja di sektor keshtan.tp jika tidak bs krn kemampuan bhs jepang yg blm ada,sy bersedia bekerja sbg tenaga kerja di sektor lain,misalnya tukang cuci piring di restaurant.stlh kemampuan bhs jepang sdh sy miliki sy sgt ingin melanjutkab studi s2 dan s3 di jepang.mhn saran dan info ya bu christine bgmn cara spy sy bs tinggal dan bekerja di jepang.tq

lukman jo wrote:

Hello christien,
Sy sangat senang bs masuk dlm expatblog.sy ingin pindah dan bekerja di Jepang tuk memperbaiki taraf hidup dan kehidupan sy. Bny kisah hidup sukses dr orang indo di jepang. Sy bs ingin segera bekerja jika sy sdh du jepang dan belajar bhs jepang.sy apoteker.jd sangat senang apabila bs bekerja di sektor keshtan.tp jika tidak bs krn kemampuan bhs jepang yg blm ada,sy bersedia bekerja sbg tenaga kerja di sektor lain,misalnya tukang cuci piring di restaurant.stlh kemampuan bhs jepang sdh sy miliki sy sgt ingin melanjutkab studi s2 dan s3 di jepang.mhn saran dan info ya bu christine bgmn cara spy sy bs tinggal dan bekerja di jepang.tq

ENGLISH PLEASE !!

As this is an English speaking forum, and for the benefit of others can you please post in English only.
Thank you.

Yes English please Lukman jo ^-^ : )) thank you! : ))

Hello

Ian here. From California(and currently residing there), I married a Japanese woman, and have in-laws now in the Fukuoka/Kitakyushu area. I've visited numerous times, and even lived in Kitakyushu for 3 months. We aim to make the move a couple of years down the road, after her folks have retired and once our children are old enough to attend elementary school.

Curious if there is anyone here from the northern part of Fukuoka prefecture....?

Hoping to do something other than becoming an ALT, not that there's anything wrong with it, just following a little too closely in my father's footsteps already, and don't necessarily want to add English teaching to that list of things as well.

Anyhow, cheers and well met!

Konnichi wa Shoko!

I have driven through Kurume several times on our way to and from Kagoshima/Kitakyushu. I know well the beautiful Jibo Kannon statue visible from the roadside. Welcome also to this site.

I hope that your efforts here on this site are fruitful. Thank you for helping.

Cheers, and mata ne

hi katia

i lives in kyoto , if you need help let me know , we can talk on skype , line , or whats up ,

regards

Alex

My name is Ronnie Avelino and I really like to visit Tokyo!

am new here and my interest is to live in Japan

Hello.  I am Charlie.  I am an Oregonian visiting Kyoto, Japan (very close to Kyoto University) for 2 months while my spouse studies Classical Japanese in an intensive program.  She is very busy, and I am not very extroverted, so I am worried about becoming isolated here.  Not to mention, this is an expensive trip and it would be a shame to waste it by missing the opportunity to socialize here.  I am interested in meeting people - expats, tourists, or locals.  My interests include philosophy, video games, writing, world building and linguistics.  My Japanese is not very good - I studied for a long time in high school, and got a lot of the grammar down, but I am way out of practice, and have had a lot of trouble retaining vocabulary.

If anyone has tips for meeting people in the area, or if anyone else in the area is looking for an American friend/conversation partner/ etc. I would definitely be interested.

I don't know if I count as an expat since I am not living here on a long term basis, so I hope this is an appropriate place for me to post.

Hi all...
Im italian chef 44 years now in Phuket thailand.
My dream is to move in Japan as soon as possible...love Japan.
If someone can help me just tell me please.
Now i work in best western hotel in phuket...ready to moving if someone need it.
Thankyou.

I plan on moving to Osaka, Japan sometime next year. I need help in housing, etc. and anything else I might need. I would appreciate any input. Also I would like to hear of any culture shock you may have experienced in moving to Japan. I do not speak the language but am working on it.

Hi all,

Just moved to Tokyo for a month from Indonesia. Am originally from Singapore :)

Will be here until the end of the year and keen to meet new friends to hang out.

Let me know if you are keen to meet up for drinks or sports. I play tennis, football, and badminton. I'm an avid photographer too! I live near the Akasaka area!

Regards,

Kelly

Im already leaving here in Japan for 28yrs

Hi everyone! I've been living in Okinawa the past 6 months. I'm originally from Australia.
I've got a blog seachangeokinawa.blogspot.com where i'm documenting daily life with my son, partner and our pets. Life is very different down here compared to mainland japan.

Hi im jason and i am going to japan on 2nd week of aug i need to have a friend ..my destination is in Hokkaido. If any one here live there please approach me....  thank you..

Jason... :top:

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

Hi where specific pkace in Hokkaido

Hi everyone I'm jayman.. now I'm living in tokyo japan.. anyone who can help me to find part time job.. God  bless  you all..:)

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=495028

Thanks!

Closed