Cost of Living in Al-Buraimi....my experience

Hi all,
I tried to get information on cost of living in Buraimi before I moved in; but in vain. Now I have shifted, tried to understand/experience the living cost and would like to share the same and hope it would be useful.

Buraimi is a small place; can call it as a small town with maximum radius of 4-5 Kms. Good 2 bedroom flats are available for something between 90RO - 140RO. There is no public transport system other than taxi...which would cost you not more than 500Baisa (1/2 RO) for a single trip. For shopping purpose..LuLu Hypermarket is available which was opened recently. Though Indian School started recently, the school seems to be good. If we are having food from outside, 3 meals will not be costing more than 2RO..(its for an average meal). The electricity and water cost will not be more than 10RO in seasons other than summer. Electricity charge will be almost 60% more in summer season.

I hope this would be useful to someone. I shall add more as and when I learn and experience.

Hi Noushad,

Great you finally got the visa ... I am still waiting for mine..

is there a souq in town selling fresh food?

Yes...there is one souque available.

Is there any indian shop/ grocer? Pls let me know.

We r planing mve to buraimi. Cn any1 let me knw abt d job oprtunits, indian school and let me d aveqage rent for a 2 bedrm flat

Good to know the info. Thanks.

How would rate an offer of 1550RO without house rent in Buraimi?

Thanks for the information again.