What will be salary for an Indian expats with 10 years of Experience?

Hi Guys,
I have been offered with our Office in Jakarta to shift there as Senior Manager.
I got offer of USD 3000 nett, after deduction of tax, family accommodation will be provided, car will be provided.
I would like to know, How much i would be able to save in case of below as,?
1. We are pure Vegetarian.
2. Don't really prefer to eat out.
3. I'm planning to have one maid & driver on my cost.

Thanks

House is most expensive one in Jakarta, but again it depends in which area or how much will be reimbursed..
for daily chores including maid it will cost around 10m (~900USD) and 2-3 mill for driver

Dear All,

This is Jisha from New Delhi, India. I have got a job in Jakarta and soon I will be planning to relocated with my husband. My husband will search for a job as well once we are in Jakarta.
My offered salary is $2000 net per month. Is this amount sufficient to survive. Please guide where can we get 1 BHK close to Indian community.

Regards
Jisha

JIsha wrote:

Dear All,

This is Jisha from New Delhi, India. I have got a job in Jakarta and soon I will be planning to relocated with my husband. My husband will search for a job as well once we are in Jakarta.
My offered salary is $2000 net per month. Is this amount sufficient to survive. Please guide where can we get 1 BHK close to Indian community.

Regards
Jisha

The apartment will be the most you will spend for, whichever area you choose in Jakarta. you will end up spending 1000 US minimum for it near Suntar (Indian community area). That leaves 1000 US, which can get tough, I don't see any savings amongst two people expenses. If the company provides you the accommodation, you can save 1000 US per month.
Travelling by cabs are expensive.
Husband getting job should be top priority, before you guys move here.
Carry lots of Masalas, packeted stuff. Indian stores charge almost double here for Indian products.

@Jisha,

For comfortable living (with less outdoor eating) you can survive in 6-7 million for family of 2 (Including electricity and Indian groceries). The 1BHK will cost you between 4-6 million depending upon area (Taman Rasuna, Sudirman, Sunter, Kalibata) depending upon job location. What about health cover, its quite expensive? So overall (1200 USD pm) there will be no saving.
Your husband can only do job if he can get KITAS which is very hard these days.

Dear Friends,

Thanks a lot for sharing your views.
However, I have got another offer of 5000 MYR in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, and there my husband can work on dependent visa as well.
Please advice what to choose Indonesia or Malaysia. I am really very confused.

Regards
Jisha

JIsha wrote:

Dear Friends,

However, I have got another offer of 5000 MYR in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, and there my husband can work on dependent visa as well.

Regards
Jisha

Malaysia!

Thanks for your view, sorry I forgot to mention the biggest catch.
Recruiter from Malaysia wants me to come on 3 months probation and later they will confirm employment. Whereas Indonesia is a full time offer.
I am also inclined to go to Malaysia.
What say!

JIsha wrote:

Dear Friends,

Regards
Jisha

He will also have to get a job with a salary of RM5k per month or he cant work - its the rules on a dependent visa. So unless he had a university degree and professional experience in say IT, it will be difficult for him to get a job in Malaysia. Just beware you are going to get an Employment Pass and not a professional visit pass  - otherwise you CANNOT bring dependents to Malaysia on the second type of work visa (PVP).

I would just like to comment that USD 3000 = about RM 8.5k after tax.

My husband has got 6 years of professional experience in IT.

Dear Himanshu,

Well I'm Working in jakarta as HR consultant , so may be you can consider my opinion as well :

1. If, Apartment is in Company account then sure you can live a decent life with USD 3000.
2. A driver will cost you from 2-4 Million per month , so as per today exchange rate it will cost you between 250-350 USD for driver.
3. Maid will cost you from RP. 650,000- 2 Million , depends on job like as part time or full time.
4. As you are vegetarian , so still Jakarta have 100% vegetarian restaurants like as "VMAD - Vegetarian madness" where you can get Indian, Chinese, western Food and if, you include the visit as well 2-3 times, it hardly cost you 100 Dollars.
5. So, After including your all expenses which is essentials , will be in total - USD 500 Max.
6. You may keep USD 500 for your shopping, travelling per month then still in 1000-1100 USD is going to cost you in total.
7. So, Still you can save 1500-1800 USD per month and rest depends on your expenses
8. If, you have job offered  in Malaysia also, then still i will suggest you Jakarta. As, I'm very familiar with expenses at Malaysia as well because I'm frequent visitor to Malaysia , so i would like to suggest you to take offer of Indonesia.

Rest will be your decision. Best of Luck for your future.

Warm Regards,
DJ .

Hi Yuvraj,

I am also planning to migrate in Jakarta so can you share your contact no? i want to discuss with you before coming to indonesia.

also suggest me any suitable time when can i connect you?

Satendra Pathak

Himanshu + Parth wrote:

Hi Guys,
I have been offered with our Office in Jakarta to shift there as Senior Manager.
I got offer of USD 3000 nett, after deduction of tax, family accommodation will be provided, car will be provided.
I would like to know, How much i would be able to save in case of below as,?
1. We are pure Vegetarian.
2. Don't really prefer to eat out.
3. I'm planning to have one maid & driver on my cost.

Thanks

Your salary is a little less than Rp 40 million.
An English speaking maid and driver should cost less than 6 million for the pair.
Fresh veg is cheap and easy to find in street markets, that and rice should cost you less than a million/month.

With no house and car to pay for, you can go wild and still save a lot of money.

My wife and maid both tend to eat veg, the cost from local people with a cart being about  Rp100,000/week.

Rice costs around Rp130,000 for 10kg, if you buy the good stuff.
Buying from supermarkets will at least double your costs.

Hello satendrapathak,

you can call me after 10 Am India time.

Welcome to Indonesia !!!

Regards,

Dhananjay Kumar(DJ)

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security

Thanks you so much Dhananjaya, i will connect you on call.

Thanks
satendra

Hi Yuvraj,

I found your comments most fruitful and can be considered for my evaluations.
Currently i'm working in Malaysia with Salary of Rm 9,000/- per month + House + Child Education + Health Insurance by company. Only thing i have take care of my personnel Income Tax.
My employer offered me job at Jakarta with salary of USD 3000 + House + Car + Education + Health Insurance, same in Jakarta i have to take care of my own taxation.

I understood that the tax rates in Indonesia is killing factor and i would like to have your opinion shall i take an offer for Jakarta or continue in Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur). ?

I prefer to keep the part time maid (3-4 hours a day) + Full time driver.

Thanks

Hi All

Need a small advice. I am being offered a Monthly salary of USD 8333 Gross. All other factors including House, Child Education, Local Travelling, Taxation has to be taken care by myself. Company is not taking care of the same.

Please let me know your inputs if this is ok.

We are a family of 4 including 2 kids - 6 yrs and 2 Yrs. Both going to school. Pure vegeterian with moderate lifestyle.

Requesting the kind inputs from all the friends.

my office will be in Cyber Tower 2 and I am planning to take a house in TKC and school which I have thought of is Gandhi. If anyone can suggest some better school.

All kind inputs are really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Deleted

Sushilchhillar wrote:

Hi All

Need a small advice. I am being offered a Monthly salary of USD 8333 Gross. All other factors including House, Child Education, Local Travelling, Taxation has to be taken care by myself. Company is not taking care of the same.

That's about Rp113 million.
Now consider the local minimum wage is 3 million per month - I think that's your worries tossed away.

Fred wrote:
Sushilchhillar wrote:

Hi All

That's about Rp113 million.
Now consider the local minimum wage is 3 million per month - I think that's your worries tossed away.

Taxation is expensive in Indonesia. Get employer to pay your tax.

Can't process the tax number until the Kitas has been issued and then if the employer isn't solving the tax issue then you can do it but need to visit a tax office for details. Your employer should help.

Thnx fred for the kind reply.

Thnx. definitely will speak to my employer for the same.