10 year old in need of some friends

Hi all,
I have just moved to Malta with husband and three kids aged 10, 6 and 3 years.
My 10'year old is in need of a few buddies and is getting bored as the procedure of getting registered at a school is taking longer than I had hoped.( I have managed to get them enrolled into summer school!)
We are living in Sliema ... Would love to find him a friend close to his age as he' feeling totally uncool hanging out with his younger siblings!
He likes football, computer games and reading ... Any potential friends out there?
Xx

Hi Lori,I have two daughters, age 10 and also looking for friends. I have a car, so we can meet anywhere, for coffee, at the playground or the beach.
So if your son did not bother to be friends with a girl :) , we can try to meet...

Hi ana, yes that would be great to meet up. Are your girls starting school on Monday?
When did you move to Malta?
Lori x

Hi Lori,
I moved to Malta 6 years ago. And my girls started school last week.
Did you manage to get your son into school ? I know, that the procedure takes longer time.
Ivana :)

Hi Sand storms, I have a 6 yr old boy and a 3 yr old girl, it would be lovely to meet up!
:)
Anavi23 they have started school but have had a rocky few weeks!
X

Hi
I know its been some time since you posted but i have an 11 year old who loves football and c. games in sliema who would love to meet up!

Yes, we would love to meet up. I'll pm you

Hi Lori,

I have  a 3 year old daughter, we'll move in at the beginning of April. She'd love to find friends too ! Your 3 year old girl stay at home or goes to kindergarten ? I'd like to know about the kindergartens there, if they receive children on April and what's the monthly price ? I'd like to get her enrolled in an English kindergarten of course. If you (or somebody else) know about all that please kindly let me know ! Many thanks indeed !

Hi Huong,
Yes my daughter goes to an English speaking kindergarten. The cost is about €350 per term. We could get them together for a play when you come over.
Will you be living in Sliema? I can PM you the name of some nurseries.
PM me if you need more info. I'm happy to help :)

Hi Lori,

I am so happy to read your reply ! I didn't receive any mail alert so thought that there was no answer !
Thank you for the info you give me, that's important for me to know.

Sure we could get them together when we arrive ! I am still looking for an accommodation, will check for Sliema too.
If your daughter is happy with the present kindergarten pls PM me the name and contact details, or any other that you know they are good.
Thank you very much indeed !

Huong

Hi Lori,i just read this thread.I have a 12 year son and he is looking in making some friends too.He likes playing card games,chess and board games.PM me if you are interested. :)
Jenny

I'll message you
:)

So glad I stumbled upon this forum. I am seriously considering a move to Malta. My 9yr old boy has gone in to meltdown at the prospect of losing touch with his school friends and fellow minecrafters. If your son is into this perhaps they could hook up online?
I am feeling really distressed by his reaction as I thought he would have been beyond excited. I suppose at 9 it is not so easy to see the bigger picture.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry about the delay in replying! My son had a meltdown before we moved too, however he now lives living in Malta. Have you guys moved over yet?

Hi Lori, thanks for your reply. Hoping to be in Malta mid Sept. Just accepted an offer on my home this morning, so fingers crossed it all goes to plan. I have sent a message to San Andrea school regarding vacancies but have not had a reply yet. A bit worried about leaving all this until I come over as it would appear it can take some time to sort out the schooling.
Where does your 10 yr old boy go to school, any recommendations, anything you would do differently with hindsight?
I would like to not have to pay for education but it seems that if I want English teaching then this is the only route, have you found this to be the case.
I'm going to take a long term let before buying, until I am really sure about which area I want to be in. What is your fave place?
Is your son a mine crafter, perhaps they could hook up online and get to know each other. I think it always is easier if you have a friend in a new  place. I'm so looking forward to being in Malta but feeling very overwhelmed by all the things I still have to do/organise. Do I get rid of all my worldly belongings and start again or ship my stuff over?
I am coming with my 25year old daughter also who has lots of experience in hospitality, our long term aim is to buy a café/bar/bistro to make a living.  Any further advice or suggestions would be really appreciated. Ali