Travelling and Exploring

Hey All,

Been living in Nonthaburi for the last 3 years and spent most of that time building up my career and establishing my status in the international school that I am working in right now.

Looking back, I realised I never really took the time to travel and explore this beautiful country or meeting new people and making new friends....wish to do that now since I have pretty much settled in with my career.

Hoping to meet some like-minded people or companions who enjoy travelling and might want to do the same or just maybe over a cuppa or meal!

Cheers 😉

Perhaps, you wouldn't mind telling us a little about Nonthburi, we have been here for 18 months from the US, but have been spending most of are time in Hua Hin & Chaing Mai.  Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Nonthaburi province is about an hour away from Bangkok city. Have you all explored Bangkok yet? If you have, Nonthaburi is just like that but on a smaller scale. We have the usual shopping malls (minus the wholesale market like in the city) with lots of places to eat as well.

We have the famous Ko Kret island which is well  known for its pottery industry and its Thai traditional style living village.

The well known temple Wat Arun is also located not far from here where you can get there by the boat taxi. Have you all been on one? If not, it'd be quite an experience!

I love Chiang Mai and was there for 3 weeks on a holiday 2 years ago. If ever I chose to retire in Thailand? Chiang Mai would be the place!

Hope you all are enjoying yourselves!

Take care for now.

Cheers
Rachel