Cooking classes

Hi all,

I have a helper who can cook basic pinoy dishes.  Is there any classes in taguig (BGC) area that teaches basic western/asian dishes? I know there are plenty of culinary schools, but only need a 1-2 week course.

Hi dhnindc,

You might also want to post an ad in the Cooking classes in the Philippines section, it might help you.
Also note that as from now you have the possibility of getting subscribed to this section in order to receive notifications about new offers.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

What kind of Western and Asian dishes?

The most important thing for your helper to understand Western/foreign cuisine is to let her try it.  If you don't let her try it, she will never understand it.  If you dine out without her, bring some food home for her.  If you do take away food, buy a few varieties.  Explain to her the difference between Western and local food.  Let her watch a lot of cooking shows instead of watching telly or soap operas.  Let her explore her own cooking when you are not there and she is just home by herself.  Let her try cooking with wine and spices the dishes she knows and let her taste the difference.  For example let her cook pasta with wine and spices.

Some helpers can learn fast, some slow, some just don't get it.  Our old helper went to one of the homes of a Middle East Ambassador and she learn Arabic and Persian cuisine immediately.  Sometimes you have to go down to their level so that you can comprehend to them.  Remember this very well: a "yes sir/mam" can either mean yes or they don't understand you...  LOL

cooking is passion... i previously worked as dh in hk, my boss mom just showed me how to cooked for  only one day. the next day she just told me what to do. even if you let her study in prestigious cooking school if she is not interested she won't learn. buy her basic cook book or give her instruction.