New members of the Switzerland forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Switzerland forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Switzerland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Switzerland forum, introduce yourself here continues below!

my name is kewlet Mohammed Yimam. am graduated by computer Science from HiLCoE School of computer Science & Technology College  and currently am working at HiLCoe College.

Hi all,

I am Kosta from Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina and I am 31 years old. I am senior QA engineer for software testing, mobile apps and web apps testing. I am holding team lead position for mobile QA division. I am studying  Faculty of Informational Technologies and have interests in IT my whole life. I am available for help if needed :-)

Regards,
Kosta

Hi,

My name is Chris Dirige, 34 years old from Manila, Philippines. I have a degree in Business Administration and is currently working for a local bank here as a customer service officer. I'm looking forward to meet new friends online and get useful information and hopefully an opportunity to go to Switzerland or Germany.

Thanks!
Chris

Hello,
I'm from Indonesia ever visited Switzerland twice & hope to be back next year ^^

Hi all my name is Luisa and im moving to Switzerland soon .im looking for a job out there of housekeeper/Nanny, dont speak any German.

Hello!
I'm very glad to find this blog/forum. I'm planning to transfer to Lugano this summer. I would really appriciate all useful information about the first steps a person has to take to avoid too much stress and confusion when moving to Switzerland. Looking forward to reading all this blogs... Regards, Christina

Hello Sir,
My name is Mr. Udeh,iam a nigerian and have been living here in switzerland for over 4years now. Am a good christain .

Hi all,

I am new in this forum and I want to introduce myself.

My name isMarcos and I am spanish. I am living in the central Switzerland and I am interested in sports, films and a lot of more. Currently I am finishing an advance training of hypnosis to help people with issues like relaxation, pain management, fears, phobias, etc (by the way, hypnosis has nothing to do with sleep, and if somebody wants to know how hypnosis feels, send me a message). I also love cooking and enjoy relaxed conversation in front of a glass of wine

Looking forward to hearing from you
M

Hi all,

My name is Aiysha. I recently got married in my home city - London. I then left London to move to Lausanne just over a month ago to live with my husband. I am an English language teacher, currently struggling with the french language, road maps and getting lost. I haven't met anyone from back home yet. I always feel lost in translation. My husband's family speak arabic at home, and I don't speak a word of arabic. My husband and I communicate in English and french from time to time. Living in Lausanne is definitely different from what I'm used to. It would be nice to meet some new friends on here.

Hope to speak soon :)

Hi Marco,

Hope you are well. Would love to know more about hypnosis.

Aiysha

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your introduction.

@Aiysha > if you have any questions you start a new topic on the Switzerland forum as this thread is specially for the introduction of new members. Thank you

aiyshat wrote:

Hi Marco,

Hope you are well. Would love to know more about hypnosis.

Aiysha

Hi Aiysha,

I would like to tell you about hypnosis with a coup of coffee, but you are a little bit far away from central Switzerland to meet and talk about it.

Anyway, I recommend you hypnosis for a lot of things: stress management, phobias, fears, sports performance, regression, etc. There is a lot of misconception about hypnosis, a lot of people associate it with sleep, but hypnosis has nothing to do with sleep.

e.g, it is quite easy to get a beautiful state of relaxation in hypnosis within a few minutes. For the treatment of phobias, regression and so on, it is needed a longer, but great improvement can be achieved in only one session depending of the problem and the knowledge of the hypnotherapist. Depending on the problem, more sessions are needed.

Regards
Marcos

Hi my name is nivedi. I am from srilanka.I would like,to settle in Switzerland with my family.but my husband is from germany.anyway we like to live Switzerland. I want to know what are the easy wats to go there.

Hello,

Welcome to New members of Switzerland forum :par:

Little Reminder

This thread is solely for presentation of new members.

We encourage you browse the forum by ''Forum Categories'', found on the up right side of your screen, to gather useful info.

We have dedicated sections of the site to host adverts you may have found amidst the top green banner with menus like , Blogs,Jobs,Guide etc.

Feel free to Create a New Thread to share your expat experience!

Christine wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your introduction.

@Aiysha > if you have any questions you start a new topic on the Switzerland forum as this thread is specially for the introduction of new members. Thank you

@ nivedi

Please refer to the admin's post.

Looking forward to read you,
Gavind

hello niveldi
first you have to go to the swiss ambassy in colombo
for getting all visa informations you needed ... good luck !

Hey everyone ! Thank you for welcoming us to ExpatBlog.

We are a group of 6 students in our final year at the Ecole Hotelière de Lausanne. We come from China, Singapore, France, Swiss and Italy. We are doing a feasibility research in Mozambique as an end of study project. We hope to get in touch with Mozambique expats to know more about the place. This study is for non-commercial use, we will approach bloggers in a friendly manner. We look forward to hearing from you ! Thank you in advance !

Hello,
My name is Nikhil from India. I am considering swiz to do my MBA in hospitality. I had a few queries regarding if its a good choice since finding work in Europe post graduation is really difficult. So if anybody who is working /associated with the hospitality industry or currently studying in swiz could help me out,  I would be really grateful.
Thank you in advance

Hello all

Welcome to New members of Switzerland forum :par:

Little Reminder

This thread is solely for presentation of new members.

We encourage you browse the forum by ''Forum Categories'', found on the up right side of your screen, to gather useful information.

We have dedicated sections of the site to host adverts you may have which is found amidst the top green banner with menus like Guide, Network,Blogs etc.

Feel free to Create a New Thread to share your expat experience!

Looking forward to read you
Gavind

Hello,

my name is Vladimir Dolzhenko, I am from Ukraine. I am interested in Teacher of English-Russian job position. For more than 10 previous years I've been working as a teacher/tutor of English and Russian for children 6-16 years and to adults. Also, since 1999 till 2003, I worked as an interpreter, and since 2004 till now as a translator. I have clear pronunciation and natural accent with good intonation. I've also decided to improve my teaching skills, and by the end of July I am going to receive CELTA Certificate.
    In addition to, I am very passionate for kids and for teaching; I am caring, interested in students, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, always reasonable, creative, trying to be up-to dated, and also I am trying to allow my students to develop in different ways and speeds and do everything to help them to succeed. I am relaxed and easy-going, demonstrate empathy, encourage students, engaged and always set appropriate targets, goals and clear tasks.

Hello I'm Jivan from Italy

Looking forward to move there soon :)

Hello,
I am a canadian from Vancouver. I was brought up in France and am now living part time near Nyon.
I have a trilingual interpreters degree: French, English, German.I am now retired and enjoy  travelling, listening to what people have to say . My hobby is photography.
Hope to meet some of you soon,
Jillian B-Ia

Dear all,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to the bloggers.

I am portuguese (40 years old), and I love to know new people, places, cultures. I love all kinds of sports and pratice a lot of them (swimming, running, cycling, Tenis, Basket, Futball), but I am not and expert in anyone (lol).

I have a consolidated experience (16 years) in the financial industry, having worked in financial institutions with a national and international scope.

I expect to continue to play roles in the financial area, to or from companies with national or international headquarters, applying the skills and competences developed throughout my professional and academic career.

Recently (from February 2014 to February 2015), I worked as a finance manager in a digital marketing & advertising company.

It is my firmly conviction that you and your network could help me to find a new and exciting professional challenge in switerzland, and consequently to expand my network in this country.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Ricardo

Hi Everyone!

My name is Luke, I am 26 years old from Manila currently working in Boracay Philippines as a chef. Been looking for an opportunity to work in Switzerland.For now Im studying basic german language. Let me know if you're working there in the hotel or restaurant industry, I need your insights.  :)

Thank you in advance

Kind Regards

Luke

:) HI MY NAME IS ALLISON , I AM FROM PERU AND I AM PLANNING TO MOVE TO SWITZERLAND IN ORDER TO STUDY THERE .
I GRADUATED FROM THE UNIVERSITY AS A PUBLIC RELATIONIST
I WORK FOR A CRUISE SHIP  :top: IN ORDER TO EARN MONEY FOR STUDY  ABROAD
I WOULD LOVE TO MEET PEOPLE FROM THERE :par:   IN ORDER TO KNOW ABOUT THE LIFE
AND IF U WANT TO COME TO PERU . IS MY PLEASURE TO HELP .

THANKS SO MUCH
GOD BLESS YOU ALL
  :)

Welcome allison caycho > thank you for this intro. You should please avoid capital letter on the forum ;)

Greetings to all the recent new members on the Swiss forum. Wishing you all the best in your endeavours.

If you are interested please drop by the site's "Expat Cafe" at...
Expat Cafe - open discussions
and add a comment or two in the discussions, or alternatively, start your own discussion.

Best regards
El

PS Still waiting to hear from for the site's moderators to tell how we get a coffee served there.  :D

Hello...i'm sandra. Please i need help..

Hello Christina. I'm Sandra from Philippines and currently now in Lugano. I would like to know if you are also a Filipino because I don't know someone here. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks and have a good day..

Hello...i'm sandra from philippines. Can you help me out here please...

Hello...
I need friends to talk too especially Filipino. I am just recently here in Lugano Switzerland..Thanks

Hi,
  Im ninia from cebu phils...im new member in ths forum and i hope all our doubts and question will fined an answers...
       God blesed and gd luck all of us guysss

Ninia,

Hello everyone!
I am Anja, I come from Slovenia and I've been living in Switzerland for 2.5 years for my studies at the music academy. I really enjoy being here in Basel!
Greetings to all of you!

Hello everyone

I'm actually not an expat but a born Swiss. However, as I am always learning new languages, I took the opportunity to meet people from all over the world here to improve my language skills. I am glad to show around people in Zurich, my homeplace, and by meeting new people also broaden my horizon and my language abilities. I always find time for a coffee or a beer with someone knew, so don't hesitate to contact me.

Greetings to you from a Swiss who feels like the proverbial world-citizen:-)

Welcome luisa!.

Hello any brazilian online here?

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=495054

Thanks!

Closed