Norwegian language

Hi,

Anyone know of a norwegian language course provider in Bergen or tutor they would recommend, or simply like to meet up to practise and develop their norwegian - any other ideas?  I have a very basic knowledge but would like to improve.

Thanks very much

Hi Lisa,

Most newcomers to Bergen enrol either at Nygård skole (Nygård school) or Folkeuniversitetet (The people's university??) which both offer day time and evening courses for all levels of norwegian. If you are going to study at university, then I think they run a course of their own as well.
I also found this...http://www.kursagenten.no/3/norskkurs-132.aspx?sted=Hordaland&kommune=Bergen
A lot of it is in norwegian, but you might be able to get someone to translate it for you if you are interested:-)
Feel free to write to me if you need any help.
Looking forward to meeting you when you get here!

Melanie

Hi Melanie,

Super, thanks and that's very kind of you.  I will check them out and be in touch should I need any further help.  Look forward to meeting you too.  It's comforting to know there is a helpful contact already in Bergen.  Do you mind me adding you to my contacts which will allow me to email you personally?

Best wishes
Lisa

Hi Lisa,
I have just signed up for Norwegian classes at Nygård skole in the centre yesterday. The classes are going to start in January and you can do daily classes in the mornings (8.30 to 12.00pm) the after noons (12pm to 16.00) or the evenings from 17.00 to 20.00. the prices vary for each sessions as they have different durations.

Class size is about 12/15 people, and they have different classes for different abilities. If you google Nygård skole you should be able to see where it is.

I hhope this helps!

Fi

Hi Fi,

That is super, thanks very much - I will check it out.

Are you also on the 'making friends in Bergen' thread - trying to get a get together this week if you are interested.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I have only just see this - apologies for delay!

Yup I am on the thread and am keen to meet whenever, I am not currently working so apart for Norwegian lessons I am free so please do feel free to include me.

fi

Hi all!
I'm a bit confused with levels of Norwegian language. Once I was told that I need to finish third level of Norwegian level to have a prove that I know the language.
But looking at Folkeuniversitetet courses I see emm.. 8 levels? Or is it that 3 level equals 5+6 level of Folkeuniversitet?

Cheers!
Lukas

I think the level 3 you are talking about is the exam "norsk prove 3" Which is the certificate that most employers recognise as you having sufficent norwegian to be able to work here.

If you are a Dr or other professional type, you will need to pass the "bergen test".

I am not sure how the folkeuniversitet levels fit in with that, or if they do the exams.

I studied my first 50 hours at folkeuniversitet and now I attend nygardskolen.

Is Norwegian more difficult that Deutch ?

If you would prefer private lessons than being in a class. This link provides those:

hildegunn-languages.no/

Personally, I think it's better to be in a class as you get to meet lots of people.

piccolinamail.ru wrote:

Is Norwegian more difficult that Deutch ?

Both Norwegian and dutch is an germanian language.
Im norwegian and want to lear dutch (im moving there next year).
I can read some dutch since it is some like norwegian.
The differences I have seen \ hearn is that dutch has differnte sounds. And norwegian has the Æ Ø Å.

Hello, I just finished the Folkeuniversitet 1+2, if we will be enough we can continue in july with 3+4. Our teacher said today, that norsk prove 3 equals to 5+6 in this school. If you know a bit of norwegian already, maybe you can join us in July at folkeuniversitet it cost more less 450 Euro and its 4 times per week 3 hours, its really intensive and a good course, greetings Judit

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hei there,

I really liked the course at Folkeuniversitetet and would like to recommend it to you.

Also, if you like to get the grammar book "Norsk Grammatikk" by Kirsty Mac Donald, you can get it much cheaper from me, I have one copy of the text book and the exercises each. The teoribok is 235 instead of 385 and the arbeidsbok 210 instead of 310.

You can send me an email
Best regards,

Marlene

Hi there,
I started learning Norwegian a couple days ago.
Very interesting language :)
Could anyone share links to free online courses or some books in .pdf?

Any other help will be appreciated.