My hobby is researching durians

I have been living in Thailand or Malaysia for the past three years. My hobby is researching durians. I'm actually running a survey right now about the beliefs and attitudes of people who love durians. Would you like to participate? the link is here: surveymonkey.com/s/durians1

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about durians :)

the only thing I have heard about them is they heat the blood and dont drink alcohol with them as its too much for the body

You haven't heard that they are delicious? ;)

Durian ice cream.
Durian crepes.
Just plain old durian.

Never heard that eating them along with alcohol will affect you and I have been doing that for many years now.

Supposedly people die every year from consuming durians with alcohol, but hard to know if it's the durian's fault :P

More likely the alcohol than the durian... :o

I can't help with the survey, but consider this:

Durian is like a kiss from your favourite lover, whilst they're sitting on the toilet with really bad diarrhea.

LOL. Even with diarrhea, you can't help but love them :)

Do you know that durians  and alcohol don't mix? They say that if you drink alcohol and eat durian  you can overheat from the inside of your body and you can die from it. If you don't know now you know.  So don't drink alcohol and eat durian all in the same day:-).

Have heard that. But is there a better way to go?

Ever wanted to know if that myth is true? I wrote a post about the science:
yearofthedurian.com/2013/08/durian-and-alcohol-deadly-mix.html

Durian, is Great if you eat it fresh, terrible if you don't, there are many different kinds. They are very good for you, but you can easily overload on them & be in the bathroom for all day. Also I knew a friend that ate so much she had to take a cold bath because her stomach was so hot afterwards. We don'tn eat it because it is to strong, & heavy on your stomach.  They are so many other fruits in Thailand that are good for you.

FruitGeek wrote:

I have been living in Thailand or Malaysia for the past three years. My hobby is researching durians. I'm actually running a survey right now about the beliefs and attitudes of people who love durians. Would you like to participate? the link is here: surveymonkey.com/s/durians1

hey. I'm from davao city in the philippines :)
and Davao city is known for the durian capital in our country.
I hope you could taste our delicious and very cheap durian in davao someday! :D

FruitGeek wrote:

oh and by the way. I love to eat durian back home.
my favorite combination was drinking coke while eating frozen durian. ohh heaven! :D
have you tried it?  :D
cheers x

Funny to read the previous post about the dangers of durian and alcohol, and anectdotal evidence about some people actually dying from eating durian. 

I guess the problem might be that if you researched people dying and tried to find instances of some taking a shower previously, or smoking a cigarette, or drinking alcohol then sampling a few cases could make it seem like these are deadly, when of course they really aren't. 

But it still seems possible eating a lot of durian could have an adverse reaction for some, that it could aggravate a pre-existing condition.  It's hard to say, and the studies referenced don't shed much light on it.

Aside of durian's smell..! i was addicted on it when i visited Philippines last year..!
I really enjoyed the fresh yummy fruits in Cebu :)

Are you a Personal Trainer by any chance? I am looking for such a person, just to help me tone up. Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Happy that you have the will to get body toned ..simply you have to change some eating habits and adjust your lifestyle in order to get great results.

I can give you tips on how to start..:)

please check your inbox.

Alaa