New members of the Morocco forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Morocco forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Morocco if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Morocco forum, introduce yourself here – 1st quarter of 2015 continues below!

Well I wouldn't broadcast that I'm desperate. This will attract the wrong type of attention from those who seek to exploit you, by offering quick "solutions" to the problem you're facing. I've received messages from locals asking me when I'm coming so they can offer their "help". Be it accommodation or anything. If you haven't already gotten messages, they will certainly come! My advice is to pretend you know what you're doing, even if you don't. Once they get the hint you need help, nothing good follows. Anyway, there is a few Brit expats you can find on this site. There is a Network tab at the top. Then you can search and a list of them comes up. You can add them to contacts and/or send them a message. Hopefully you can benefit from their experience & advice!

To the OP, let me repeat my invariable advice. It probably gets boring for regulars, but after only a few weeks on a board that seems to have its fair share of scammers, I feel it's necessary.

A word of advice. If you decide to go to Morocco, whether Marrakech or not, as you are staying for some considerable time, get yourselves parked in an hotel for the first few days and go to a reputable physical estate agency for your accommodation. Insist on meeting the owner and bargain the price down after you have seen the property. Don't rent from online. You can be lucky, but appearances are deceptive and photos often don't correspond to the real thing. In addition, that lovely roof terrace shown might just overlook a stinking cesspit or rubbish dump!

Never, ever accept offers from people who pop up on these forums to offer "their" property, either as a first post or the same post in multiple languages. The forums are infested with scammers and worse, despite the best efforts of the moderating team. Unfortunately, this spoils it for the very few genuine people. The scammers will be intermediaries for the real landlord, if indeed the property exists at all and will take a hefty commission whether you rent or not. They are a buffer between you and the landlord for his benefit. If he uses one of these scammers, you can't bargain the price down and why would you want to rent from such a person anyway?

Hi All,
I'm Graham, and together with my wife Karen and our two dogs, we will be moving to Morocco in the next 6 - 9 months (depending on time to clear up our affairs in the UK). We already own a property in Aourir, 10 km north of Agadir and this has become our 2nd home over the last 7 years or so.

We love the village, the people, have made loads of new friends and long to be away from all the hassle in England to enjoy a more relaxing and creative environment in Aourir.

So, at the moment we are planning our exit from the UK, milling through tons of web pages of info and preparing - things like getting a moroccan driving licence, getting the dogs sorted out, getting a car etc are top priority - as well as off loading a business here in the UK - hence finding this Expat.com site...

I have already found some good advice and want to thank everybody who is posting such info - it really helps. Once we have been through the process, I hope to be able to offer some good advice on doing the same as we are doing.

Dear All, ,

My name is Sunny and I'm from Casablanca since last 2 yrs.  Would love to meet expats and even locals for coffee and friendship.

Regards,
Sunny

Hi  Kerry:

You are  the most wellcommed  to Morroco.

Hi everyone!

I moved to Casablanca a month ago to live and work here. I am from Vienna, Austria and as my husband is Moroccan we decided to live here. I love the city, people and the sea and would be happy to find some new friends :) So if you would like to meet up to have coffee please feel free to inbox me.

Also, if anyone knows where it is best to lear Darija please let me know :)

Jasmin

Hi My name is youness , nice to meet you 😊

Hi sunny , my name is youness and I am from morocco casablanca 😊 nice to meet you

hi brothers and sisters i am preparing to come to morocco next month can anyone help with information concerning accommodation and job? currently in Ghana.

Hello every one.im souki from morocco .if you need help. I will be glad to help you

i need help concerning accomodation as i will be coming .

Hi

I from NZ, currently living in Marrakech  have  been in Morocco for 10years    exporting Moroccan artisan product around the world

cheers

Hi All,

Its great to be a part of Expat.com though I'm here in Casa since the past 2 years. Would love to meet new people for networking, make some new friends & also exchange new ideas & cultural interactions.

regards,
Sunny

Hi Mohammed
Well done that you learned so many languages
You deserve an award !

Hello everyone ,
I been to Marrakech a lot of times now and 29/06/2015 I'm coming to Marrakech I got my own Appartment and this time I will be teaching English privately. If anyone know where I could advertise and get it moving please let me know.
Kind Regards Erimita

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Post only in English here please.

Hi Mr. Graham, good day. I would also love to move to morocco so if I could be any help in your company please let me know. I worked in Doha qatar before as a hotel receptionist and now currently working as a Call center supervisor here in the Philippines. I hope to hear from you. Thank you so much.

Yes

hi everybody,
i'm  moroccan , and i'm very happy to be a member .I have difficulties  to find a good job .and i hope you help me find one .thank you all

you wellcomme

Hello....Im Luigi from Peru and im on vacation in Tanger... someone from South America here?.

Hi Sunny, I hope you're enjoying your stay in Casablanca. I would love to meet up for a walk or play some Tennis if you are interested. My phone number is : 06 36 14 91 59
Have a great day.

i am here for helping you

Hello!  Every body !   i am abdelfettah and i am 25 years i am student and i am single ;  i can speak English ; Arabic and little frensh in addition to Amazegh ; do not be shy contact me or send me message for anybody comming here to Fes or meknes or other cities i am here for help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=495033

Thanks!

Closed