EP Cancellation

Hi My visa is valid till 2016 Nov, but i need to move out of Malaysia. My notice period is one month. I assume i need to cancel my EP and my husband's DP. How can i do so and how much time required to cancel. i plan to resign in June second week and i need to move out by JUly second week. is the timing enough for all cancellation process? please please help with replies. :/

Did you company process your passes?  If so they should process the cancellations.

It only takes about 10 days maximum.  Engage their help and mention this in your letter of resignation. You can always resign early (they may appreciate this considerate action) stating your last day is XX. It would be good to regret inconvenience caused.

You need their help to sort out your income tax as well. They need to issue a Leavers document and you should go to your tax office a couple of weeks before your last day in office, if they dont offer to sort this out.

Start early and check your contract in case there are any penalties built in. Often there are.

More importantly, if you have a lease on a property you need to take a close look at that as there may not be an exit clause and you are therefore liable until the end date of the agreement you signed.

Its best not to leave matters unattended to and face the issues which may arise from your early departure.