Got a offer in Krakow- is 2700 USD for 2 people ok salary?

Hi All,
I got an offer to work in Krakow. The monthly salary offered is 2700 USD(Gross Salary). Is it ok for a 2 people family to live in Krakow with this amount and possible to do some decent savings ? If anybody can help please reply as i have to accept the offer in next couple of days.
Thanks in advance.

Hello jmohapatra and welcome on board

I invite you to check out others threads in our Cost of living in Krakow section of the forum to gather some useful infos.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hello jmohapatra,

2700 USD Is net or gross?
As far as my understanding salary > 6000 PLN is good to lead a decent life in Poland.

Hi Matri,

2700 USD is gross salary.

I am not aware of professional taxation in Poland. You have to check with your employer about all the possible deductions to get a concrete idea about your take home at the end of the day.

Hi Matri,

Thanks for the reply.
But, it will be really great if anyone can tell me that how much salary is enough to live comfortably and also do some decent amount of savings.

For cost of living try www.numbeo.com This site also gives accommodation rental rates.
You should also read through the posts in the forum categories list upper right hand side of this page. Check through the housing section in the green banner at the top of this page for rents as well.

A quick Google search shows personal tax rates at 32% in Poland.  Has been as high as 45%.

Are you getting accommodation, transport and medical insurance as well as salary ??
If not you need to factor these in along with tax and cost of living to see if you can get by on that amount.

Hi Stumpy,

i am getting the below things as part of the relocation package.
1. VISA for self and family.
2. Work permit for employee.
3. Translation of documents needed for work permit.
4. Medical Insurance.
5. Registration card for employee and family members(Don't know what is this actually)
6. Tickets to Poland for self and Family.
7. 1 extra luggage check in.
8. Transfer from/to railway station.
9. Accommodation for 1st Month.
10. Relocation bonus 1000 USD.

They had offered initially 2700 USD, but i have asked for at least 4000 USD. So, lets see what happens. :/

It didn't work out on the salary front. So, I am not currently moving to Poland.
But, if anybody knows any good consultants/companies in software field, please let me know. I want to work in Poland. :sosad: