Is anyone driving through Mexico from the U.S. to Belize in March?

It would undoubtedly be safer to drive through Mexico in a group or caravan of at least two cars. Is anyone planning a trip by car from the U.S. to Belize in March? My partner and I are weighing the pros and cons of the trip by plane or by car with our two dogs. We plan to stay for two or three months this first time in Belize preparatory to a more permanent move.

Hope you get to make the drive. We drove down and back, from Alberta, many years ago and loved it. We took the coastal road. Things have changed though, and when we'll drive again, we will definitely take the inland route. Make sure you have all the proper documents for your dogs. Have fun!

Thanks for your reply. We will be sure to have those documents. And we will take an inland route--because things seem to have changed in the years since you made the drive. We'll be coming from Oregon, so not so far from Canada. If you run across anybody who will be making the drive from anywhere in the U.S., to go through Texas or California  (though I hear the Texas route is safer), please let me know.

We are looking at April with our dog but entering through Laredo. If you are flexible on the dates (we are to some extent, have a house rented in Belize mid April) let me know!

Hi, thanks for your reply. Not too flexible since I have to be out of Eugene at least by the first of April to avoid the worst of allergy season here. Every medication known to man, allergy shots, and being right next to a hepa air filter are not enough, and I can't stand another April here. I'll go through some bad times in March, but April is hell.

But if you're flexible enough, we'd LOVE the opportunity to make the journey more safely than if there is just one car. And to find someone with a dog, too, is a big plus.

We'll be coming from Eugene, and I imagine Laredo is as good a starting point through Mexico as any.

What say you?

Unfortunately we cannot travel in April - My husbands last day at work is April 30th.  We are super flexible on departure points, but would like to take a route that is safest to avoid having all of the things we are bringing stolen.

If there are any May travelers please feel free to give me a call at 303-204-4860.  THANKS

Wondering if you did the drive??/ My husband and I are considering doing it this November.

would love to travel with a caravan of people to central america

I made the drive and am now in San Ignatio