Changing Job & 2 Year Visa Ban Confusion

Hello Everybody,

Good Evening!

First, I am very thankful to everybody for sharing important information.
I have been reading posts in this forum since many months, and especially, I would like to say big thanks to
"Mr. Sumitran"
https://www.expat.com/forum/profile.php … mp;lang=en

Mr. Sumitran, you have solved my lot of quires, silently, yes I am reading silently your replies and expert suggestions, though I haven't post anything up-till now. And also very thankful to other community members who helped a lot to answer quires.

Now my problem is that, I have completed two months of probation period (total 3 months probation, employment visa is for 2 years) and now want to change/resign the current job before completing of probation period.
I will pay expanses to employer for my employment etc or try to settle down all issues.

Now please tell me, Is it possible/allowed to change job during probation period.?

And 2 years job changing/visa resections applied in this case,?

Or I have to leave Oman for 2 years to get new job?

Thanx in advance.

Hi netbot,

Your well meaning introduction and recommendations embarrass me !

I am an active participant in this forum for the simple reason that I enjoy it ! (See I am after all selfish !!). Else, I wouldn't be spending so much of my time here.

My second biggest attraction here is that I would like to help as many people as possible in their quest to relocate to a new country, and assist those who are already here (like yourself), with whatever little knowledge I possess (given my long years of living and working in Muscat), of the local manpower rules and regulations particularly pertaining to expatriates.

I confess that I do not have answers to all the questions and queries that gets posted here. If I do know of something useful, I most certainly will not hesitate to share it, since it could help someone who is seeking some clarifications. If there is some query which I do not have any information of, to contribute meaningfully, I will simply pass that query.

And lastly, I would like to categorically state that I do not do any of the things that I do here to score any brownie points. I don't have to. And I am not here to impress anyone. The day I feel that I am not contributing meaningfully to the benefit of the many forum members, I will definitely exit. Well, until then, here I am !

Answering to your specific questions, find against your queries my highlighted responses and comments :

"Is it possible/allowed to change job during probation period.?" - Absolutely not. Don't even bother trying.

"And 2 years job changing/visa resections applied in this case,?" - The minute your passport is stamped with the entry visa, your clock starts ticking. You are already in and so the 2-year waiting period rule will certainly apply.

However, if you manage to get from your employer, either a No Objection Certificate (NOC), or a Release Letter - both of which will be next to impossible to get - you cannot return to the Sultanate until and unless your 2-year cool-off period is completed.

Wishing you the best of luck. Seems like you could use it !

Dear Sumitran,

Bundle of Thanks!

Your contribution is very well acknowledged in forums, I just paid a token of gratitude. Your passion for helping other is great sign of great personality, really it requires lot of qualities to do so; after all you are sharing your time and efforts with us. So nice and kind of you.  :one:) Best wishes for your happiness, peace and prosperity.

And yes due to some unavoidable circumstances I am thinking to change the current job and thank you very much for clarifying my confusion. I thought, it might be done during probation period, but as you said it can not be done, also I got resident card (labour card) so two years visa ban applied...  :huh:

Now, hoping against hope that 2 years rule may change or some miracle may happen...!  :cool:

So just to get the idea, in such situation(s) what's best way to get out of dead-end?

Thank you for your time.

Sir  I want to ask that my hubby live in Oman these days but he want exit from there so plz tell me that two year ban is finish or not yet.can my hubby go back Oman after one or two months plz tell me plz I m do worried.I m waiting your reply

irtiqarajpoot wrote:

Sir  I want to ask that my hubby live in Oman these days but he want exit from there so plz tell me that two year ban is finish or not yet.can my hubby go back Oman after one or two months plz tell me plz I m do worried.I m waiting your reply

Hi irtiqarajpoot,

If your husband is employed here and wants to quit and join another company here, or even wants to return on a visit, or whatever else, then he must necessarily carry an NOC from his last employer. Else he cannot come back for a minimum period of 2 years from the date of his departure.

Please read the other posts on the same subject in the forum for further details.

:( but sir they don't give him noc that's our major problem

irtiqarajpoot wrote:

:( but sir they don't give him noc that's our major problem

Hi irtiqarajpoot,

I am not surprised at all.

Companies would never voluntarily give any of its employees an NOC for the simple reason that if they issue an NOC, then the company would lose that job clearance from their allotted quota for good.

And in this time and age, no company can afford to lose their valuable job clearances.

Also by giving an employee an NOC the company also stands the added risk of the employee going and joining their direct competitors.

So as far as the companies are concerned an NOC is a 'lose-lose' situation !

So what u say what we do.my hubby is doing a job as salesmen in a shoes shop of his a relative n he also give visa to my hubby of his own shop before two years

irtiqarajpoot wrote:

So what u say what we do.my hubby is doing a job as salesmen in a shoes shop of his a relative n he also give visa to my hubby of his own shop before two years

Hi irtiqarajpoot,

If your husband resigns from his current job and leave the country, then he cannot come back before 2 years unless he has an NOC, or if he is willing to join the same company again.

So you mean we have no option without noc

irtiqarajpoot wrote:

So you mean we have no option without noc

Hi irtiqarajpoot,

The only option is to rejoin the same employer, on their invitation.

Sir when two year visa ban will finish.plz tell me

Hi
Please tell even after finishing the contract of two years, do we have to obtain an NOC ? ..I am a Dentist and I cleared the Prometric ,now searching a job in Muscat..

Dr. Nupur Satija wrote:

Hi
Please tell even after finishing the contract of two years, do we have to obtain an NOC ? ..I am a Dentist and I cleared the Prometric ,now searching a job in Muscat..

Hi Dr. Nupur Satija,

Yes, you must have your last employer's NOC, if you wish to return before 2 years.

Why don't you just read the numerous informative discussions on the forum regarding the same topic and get all the details yourself ?

Thanx..I read the earlier conversations,but there was a confusion that ,when v dont complete the contract, v are banned or even after completing the contract, NOC is required.. Now it's clear that NOC is required in any case..

Dr. Nupur Satija wrote:

Thanx..I read the earlier conversations,but there was a confusion that ,when v dont complete the contract, v are banned or even after completing the contract, NOC is required.. Now it's clear that NOC is required in any case..

Hi Dr. Nupur Satija,

Please read the posts in the following link for clarity :

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 26#2906436

Thanks..

It is possible without NOC.

Dear Sumitran,

I am also in such a situation. What makes mine different is that my husband is also working here and his employer is willing to sponsor me as his dependent should I terminate now during my probation period. Will I be required to go back to my home country or can I go to the UAE while they work on my new visa? How long do I have to go? Can I re-enter on a tourist visa while that is handled?

I hope you can shed some light...

Kind regards,
A very sad expat right now...