New members of the Jamaica forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Jamaica forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Jamaica if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

hello.....just signed up......have been to Negril twice.....have always thought about moving there and am getting closer to that happening.....have a little money saved up but not much.....am not looking to live lavishly at all but fairly natural and native.....don't have a lot of wants or needs at this time in my life....any advice on living and possibly working there, as well on any of the particulars in actually making the move  would be appreciated.....I adapt pretty well but not sure of all the little things I need to know to make initial jump.....thanks

Hey all I'm Suzy I just joined this forum.  I moved to Jamaica this March and I'm currently living in Trelawny.

hello Moved in Here April and i Like the Place i stay close to town and the Hip strip in Montego bay..the city that don't sleep Lol..anyway Looking to meet Nigerians here its difficult to differentiate them..we all look alike

Good morning my name is kimiesha i am from Jamaica
:cheers:
Red

Hi
My name is Andrea and I am a newbie!

I work for Virgin Holidays in the UK and as they are sponsors of the Branson Centre of Entrepreneurship I will be taking a 12 month secondment to manage the operations of the centre.

I have a place to live and work and now I just wanted to know more about the culture and also week like minded people.

I am 32 and don't have a family of my own, love trying new adventures and am very excited about this new experience.

I would be great to connect with some people!

Andrea

OK nice meeting you

:) Greetings! My name is Faith and my husband and I are planning to relocate to the Trelawny/Falmouth area in August 2015. We visit twice a year. I am hoping to secure a teaching position but will do what we can until we can do what we want!! Thanks for the welcome!

Hello !

I'm from france and I live in Kingston i'm here for 3months it's been already 3weeks and i love it but it would be even better if i get to make some friends :)

Hi, I am from the UK but am now living in JA short-term.  I am based in Kingston.

HI all, Newbie here!  Looking for group activities in Kingston for Expats-any ideas??

Sorry was a mistake
I am since 23 years in Jamaica try to sign for an add to rent  out my house in istanbul ended up here
I apologize I am over 23 years in Negril

Hello I want to retire in the next 3 years and I'm thinking about Jamaica. I been to Jamaica about 6 times now ,and I love it. I wanted to know if it's a good move.

Hi every one I live in the United States...

Hello How's it going. Do you like it there?

Hello I also been to Negril twice and I would love to move there.

Hi I am juniekuteyi and I recently returned from the UK where I was living for a number of years just trying to adapt to life in Jamaica and finding myself a job. I am living around the Mandeville area where it cool and rainy my type of weather.

Hello Everyone!

I am looking to relocate to Jamaica with my friend and her little girl (2 years old) I also have a small dog a pug name howard whom I would want to come with me as well. Anyone know of the stipulations of bringing a child and a dog? Is there private institutions for children?

I would be looking for work in the Event Industry as that is where my education and passion lies. How hard is it to get work in Jamaica in this industry as a Canadian professional.

If anyone has any advice on any of these topics that would be wonderful :)

Warm Regards,

Amanda

Hi Amanda,
How is your search for information going? I am also looking to relocate to JA. We should connect and swap information.
NJ

Hey!,

That would be great! I am looking at Negril and want to stay within my field but obviously that might be a hard thing to do. I also have a small dog which I can not leave so I am having a hard time finding information about that as well.

What do you do? when are you looking to move? My name is Amanda btw.

I look forward to your reply.

Warm Regards,

Amanda

Thanks for the welcome I have never had an expat experience really...! :whistle:

Hi ya'll my name is winsome and I'm from the beautiful island of  jamaica

Hello,

I am Lam Nguyen, 31 years old, new in Kingston for for since this week. I come from France. Looking for people to visit Kingston and Jamaica, take a coffee, drink and/or go out ;-)

Look forward to your answer;

Lam Nguyen

HI All!

Just got a job offer in Negril, I think I am going to take it! I'm supposed to start December 1st. Anyone living in Negril that may be able to offer some tips? Are there many English speaking expats in Negril?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Manny

Hello I am new here would appreciate any assistance.

Hi there,
my name is Renata and I have been in Jamaica since October 1, 2014. I came on vacation, and decided to stay and open a spiritual retreat centre here in Negril. I am feeling a little homesick and would love to connect with some fellow Canadians for friendship, coffee, drinks and laughs. :) Looking forward to meeting all of you who would like to connect :).

Been in negril for 3 months and feeling a little homesick myself, we should grab a bite or cocktail sometime!

[moderated: no personal information on the forum please]

Hi I'm Jules from London, England. I live in Ocho Rios and I'm up for making great new friends, exploring the island, having fun, as well sharing the up and downs of living and adapting to a new environment. Get in touch!

Hi my name is Natalie and i'm relocating to Jamaica in the next few months from the UK, I am hoping to make some friends before I go and hear about other people experiences when moving. I have family in JA however I'm looking to make friends of my own. Hope to hear from people. Thanks

Hi, I am Shanette. I am considering relocating but not in the near future as I looking at a few opportunities before making a decision.

Hi I am Aldin and a new member to Expat.com.I am a Jamaican licensed Real Estate agent by profession.I believe that my profession compliments this forum.I am a tower of knowledge to anyone who wishes to live in Jamaica.I am here to assist anyone who wants to purchase or invest in  Real Estate of any sort.I am looking forward to meeting a lot of new and exciting people to forge partnerships and friendship.

Hi,
I'm tresha I'm from st Catherine Jamaica.

Hi
I am Gari and I live in Kingston with my family. Keep in touch if you need any info or advice when you come. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Regards
Gari

Hi all

I am Priscilla just arrived in Montego bay ... Looking to move here and get to know people. I am french native, worked in Switzerland. Spent few months in SF and Seattle last year and now i am here.

Just get in touch
Greetings
Pri

Hit me up I could share the culture with u

Moderated by Gavind 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal contact info on the forum for security measures.

Hi am kedisha 27 yrs of age aspiring bartender/ mixiologist an am a Jamaican 😊

I'm in Jamaica I would love to live over there

I am shernette. I am a 35 years old woman who have studied in the housekeeping industry. I accomplished two courses at the HEART Trust NTA where I went to the breezes hotel in trelawny for a 6 month experience. after leaving HEART I have not received a proper job and is still searching and praying for a hotel job that will make me display my skills.However currently I lives in St.Catherine, portmore

Hello,

I'm looking to move to Jamaica towards the ending of 2016. I am coming to the Ochi/St Mary area and would like to meet and build strong relationships with fellow expats in Europe/USA wanting to move to Jamaica or people who are just considering or planning to move.

Closed