Phil Tourist Visa 6+ months with misdemeanor conviction?

Hey all, newbie here. I want to go to the Phils in March for 6-12 months touring the islands, before moving there permanently in a year or two. But I have a prior misdemeanor domestic violence conviction, from 2 years ago, and am on probation until mid February. The visa form asks if I've ever been convicted of a crime, but I need to hurry and apply (with "throw-away ticket") soon. Do they check? If I say ""yes" is it a problem? I'll be there at least 6 months, but only single entry necessary. Advice fast guys.

BAD GUYS OUT, GOOD GUYS IN

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) reaffirms its fervent determination to fulfill its mandate for the administration and enforcement of immigration, citizenship laws and the admission of foreigners in the Philippines through its "Bad Guys Out, Good Guys In (BGOGGI)" Campaign.

Undesirable aliens, especially fugitives, terrorists, sex offenders and the likes are inevitably excluded/denied entry in the country, while foreigners who have violated Philippine immigration law or any other statute faced deportation proceedings. Conversely, the BI encourages overstaying aliens in the country to voluntary update or legalize their stay.