Leaving the country on probation

Hi, I will be working in Saudi Arabia as a female esl teacher next month.  I am British and I was wondering if I could leave the country at weekends during my  probation. I will be happy if anyone could help me.

Thanks alot

not until you get your iqamah-- unless ure on a multi entry visa -- or some business visa

Thanks alot for replying. I was wondering if you know if I can get a multi entry visa. I am applying for a working visa, will I be able to get a multi entry visa while getting my working visa or do they just give a single entry visa?

You have to get here first and get your residence permit then apply for a multiple exit visa

Ok, I got it. Thanks alot  :)

your employer would have to provide you with that, but most do not like to do it

If you are located in Eastern province multi exit/entry is easy and a common practice.

Emerald2000, if you give the name of the employer you're more likely to find out how easily they give multi-exit visas. Not because everyone knows, but there may be a poster here who already works for them. It isn't correct that the geographical location is relevant to whether you get it, it's more up to the individual employer and the HR people there.

Your probation is a separate issue to when you get your all-too-important iqama (and can then apply for an exit visa). i.e. you can get an iqama before finishing your probation, or vice versa.

If you have a look at a few threads about visas you'll see the practice isn't uniform or consistent! Just go with the flow.