Blonde Highlights in Bangkok

I am recently new to life in Bangkok and thought that after using T... and G.. for 10 year in london, hong kong, australia dubai, i thought here would give me the same excellent service for blonde hair (expensve yes but always good and never unhappy) UNTIL NOW.
Never in my life have i ahd such a bad hair highlyight done, i look like i have done it myslef from the supermarket and then when i said i hated it and it was too light they tried to fix it and now it is orange even after i told them not to use that toner as it will go orange they did !!!.
I came into the store with the three colours i wanted to be put in cause my wonderful colourist in Dubai had written it down so there wouldnt be a problem..halfway through my head started burning..never before has my head burnt. i told her and she didnt care...I said at the end that i am ot paying for such a disaster and they said i had no choice but to pay and that was final.

If anyone has any suggestions of another hairdresser plaes let me know i am upset, ornage and 8000 Bht poorer for the terirble upsetting experience

Have you thought about bringing your problem to the attention of the head office, which I assume is located in London?  Perhaps they will give you satisfaction.

I am already in the prcess of it, having taken photos and all information. Honestly after all the years of being a loyal customer it will be interesting to see if they actually care or not.

Fair enough,

I used to highlight my hair in Oz, but in Thailand, they don't know what "blond" is, and my hair turn always into orange :) . I tried 3 times, and show them photos, etc, but they always make my hair red instead of blond ...

Hi Sarah,

I get my hair highlighted at QI in Emporium Shopping Mall. It costs around 5000 baht including a deep conditioning treatment. It looks really good (I've had it done three times now) and has never gone orange.

My friends have also recommended Anderson's andersonsalon.com/, but I have not been there yet.

I'd highly recommend Hair By Phonatip.  They have always done an amazing job on my highlights.  Many of my friends are going there too now.  He only uses top quality products too.

Check out their website (HairByPhonatip.com) for more details, directions and contact information.  There are also some client testimonials which are interesting to read.

They are located close to the Phaya Thai BTS Station, which is only a couple stops from Siam.  The salon is very modern and clean and the prices are great too.:)

Hi, that is terrible!! I am really sorry to hear this, be careful you dont get blisters on your head and treat your hair with a lot of care for the next few weeks.
I am looking to see what hairdressing is like in Bangkok as I am thinking of coming over and working there for a while! looks like it is needed!! I have worked in London Hong Kong and now Spain but looking for a change for a while. Is it possible you can tell me the prices more or less of the prices there and if there are many boutique salons? Or I am thinking is it a good idea to open a new London Salon there? :) just looking for feedbacks and I hope you get your hair sorted out soon :((((
Teresa

I think for Western hair such as blonde highlites, you are probably better sticking to a Western salon in Bangkok. I think probably the best well known one is Zenred. I have a lot of friends that have gone their and had their hair saved from near death experiences. They certainly have a lot of Tourists and expats that go there so they no doubt have the experience, as you can see here a lot of photos and reviews:
facebook.com/zenredhairsalonbangkok]https://www.facebook.com/zenredhairsalonbangkok[/url]
There is a list of prices that you can find here too: Zenred salon bangkok

I am also a regular there, I have very curly hair and never found a good hairdresser in Bangkok that knew what to do with curly hair. The master stylist at Zenred is amazing, infact she cuts Mark Zuckenburgs hair when he is here, so I quite like to tell my friends I have the same stylist as the owner of Facebook. LOL

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No copy/paste here + Please recommend this saloon in the business directory

I get my hair done once a month with Balayage Highlites in Sukumvit 13, its a new salon that opened earlier this year called Zahara. No problems, nice friendly English speaking stylists and good products, you can find them of Facebook.

Hi,

I wanted to respond here.I don't know if possible to open salon in Thailand because you can't do a job aThai can do.There's a list.Curious if it's possible ..let me know when you find out :) I wanna do business in Thailand aswell .Fashion .

Good luck !

Carina

Definitely go to either Zenred Salon in Rama 3 or Zahara Salon in Sukumvit 13 - Both salons do awesome blonde highlites and have a lot of experience working with expats.

A lot of my blonde friends had the same issues with MBK salons, you basically need a salon that just caters to expats because they will have much more experience and products that are not just designed for Asian hair types.

Personally i love Zenred and so do my friends, they even have purple shampoo and conditioners  for blond hair which apparently is very difficult to find in SE ASIA.

I agree with Jenny, just because its a popular brand back home does not mean its the same here. I had a nightmare with FedEx and DHL here, I could not believe how unprofessional and corrupt they are here in Thailand. It was shocking!
Go to a salon that caters specifically to Caucasian or Western hair types like the ones Jenny mentioned, they work on blonde hair everyday and speak English, they also have purple toners, and products specifically designed for our European hair types and not just Asian.