Oman Employment Visa Labour Clearance Delays

Thanks for the prompt reply

Dear Krishna

I advice you to don't fill your resignation since you got your Visa. as my experience I have been selected in month of May 2014 and I still waiting my Labor clearance till now. so it's a 7 month delay. there is a problem of delay with LC in all omany company.

Thanks

krishna_kamble wrote:

Hi Sumitran,

I have an offer Letter from a Reputed Oil & Gas consultancy in muscat.They have asked me to resign the present organsation after I am medical fit.I received my medical report & i am fit too.However i wrote a mail to oman company that i will resign once i receive my visa.

Request you to suggest me should i Resign the present organsation with medical fit report or wait for my visa arrival.

Request you for an expert advise.

Hi krishna_kamble,

Never, ever resign from your present job until and unless you physically see your employment visa.

In the forum you would notice the large numbers of users who are anxiously waiting for their employment visas to come.

Even sadder, you would also notice a few unfortunate ones who have already resigned from their jobs in the hope of getting their employment visas by banking too much on the promises made by their prospective employers - only to be let down.

However reputed your future employer might be, resign from your present job only after you have seen, checked and verified that the employment visa issued for you is perfect in its contents. Certainly not prior.

Good luck.

Yes, no body should resign until he get the official work visa.

Hi Sumitran,

How much duration it takes for a reputed company to formally give a working visa.I will be joining as a Project Engineer in the company.The company is a US based.

The company has told that it will take them atleast 2 weeks to obtain the working Visa.

I have taken your above advise & will not resign until i receive my working visa in hand.

Best regards
Krishna

FYI....in my case they applied for LC on middle of September and they got LC on middle of December (so 3 months duration). Then a week of time taken to get visa. They send me the scanned copy of the visa via email, then only I filed my resignation. My prospective employer is also a reputed firm in Oman.

hi every one here,

I have got job offer from Oman public sector and I accepted it  and submitted my documents and copy of my passport which it is validity extended to january 2016  and they informed me they have applied for security clearance, after ten days , return back and have told me that we do not accept extended passport validity.
what I know you should have valid passport minm 6 months... any ideas here please

2016!!

Muhammed MAZ

Have you applied for visa with new issued passport or with extension .

and may give me somhow answer

strange processes

My passport which I have applied for the visa is the fifth one but issued after expired previous one, not extended.

So my company have contacted me today to tell me that my medical report was reviewed and approved from their doctor and the asked me to send them a clear copy of my passport which I have traveled with it to interview them, that time they asked me to not change or extend my passport.

Mohamed MAZ..
congratulations for your medical approval and wishing to get your visa soon as well.

good luk

Thanks so much for your wishes,  I wish that my visa to be Delayed till late April or to early May due to finishing my kids school academic year on early June.

Also because all the schools administrations in Muscat have told me that they do not have vacant places to my kids in this academic year.

Cheers

hi Sumitran,

Hope you are doing good.

Can take my  om permanently to Oman.She is widow & no one is back home to take care of her.Would you suggest what type of visa should  I apply for my Mom.

Request you to assist.

Best regards
Krishna.

Dear "arunvadakepatt":

Is the LC have started after Medical acceptance! and it is the step before the applying the visa!

Please explain to me ASAP because this is good news for me to take 3 months to get the LC first then one to two weeks to get the work visa.

Cheers

Dear Mohamed,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Yes, Process for labour clearance will be started only after once your prospective employer received your FIT medical test report from you. Once the LC process has been completed I think it will take only 1 or 2 weeks to get visa.  In my case it took around 3 months to get LC and one week more to get visa.

I am new to Oman and I dnt have much knowledge about rules and regulations in Oman. What I am posting is from my own experience as I did all these things in the recent past.

Thanks
Arun

Thanks so much. ..that will be good if it take 3 months + 2 weeks, becouse my kids will start the second semester (final one) tomorrow. ..so this will help them to finish this education year then we will move to Muscat.

Good. But, pleasr keep in mind that this time duration is not a standard one. Its happend in my case. It can be more or less in your case. One more thing, as I know you can take your family to Oman only once you have completed 6 months of service in Oman. Please check it with experts like Sumithran.....

krishna_kamble wrote:

hi Sumitran,

Hope you are doing good.

Can take my  om permanently to Oman.She is widow & no one is back home to take care of her.Would you suggest what type of visa should  I apply for my Mom.

Request you to assist.

Best regards
Krishna.

Hi krishna_kamble,

Till recently there was no issue as family joining visa facility was also extended to the primary visa holder's parents. (But not for the wife's parents though !!).

Since of late, parents have been excluded from being included in the family joining visa. This is yet another initiative of the authorities aimed to achieve the sole objective of deterring new expatriates from coming to Oman.

In you case, I would suggest that you speak with your employer and request them to in turn speak with the immigration authorities and request to get your mother also included in your family joining visa - as a special case. It is possible.

Good luck.

arunvadakepatt wrote:

Dear Mohamed,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Yes, Process for labour clearance will be started only after once your prospective employer received your FIT medical test report from you. Once the LC process has been completed I think it will take only 1 or 2 weeks to get visa.  In my case it took around 3 months to get LC and one week more to get visa.

I am new to Oman and I dnt have much knowledge about rules and regulations in Oman. What I am posting is from my own experience as I did all these things in the recent past.

Thanks
Arun

Hi All,

Just to clarify, a company can apply for a Labour Clearance just as soon as they can show evidence of meeting or exceeding their set Omanisation percentages. Often for most SMEs / smaller companies this is a huge challenge as to hire 1 expatriate they must first hire at least 3 Omanis. Easier said than done.

Once the company has met its Omanisation targets they can apply for a labour clearance and if all papers are in place, the Ministry of Manpower will issue the clearance as well.

Most companies will not wait until a job requirement falls vacant to apply for the labour clearance. As soon as an opportunity presents itself, the companies would immediately apply for a labour clearance and will keep it ready to be used whenever the requirement arises. They do so because with the Ministry of Manpower anything can happen anytime and if they do not utilise their clearance the company might lose it permanently.

So, no, the companies usually do not begin the process of applying for the labour clearance after receiving the shortlisted candidate's fit medical certificate.

Quite on the contrary, if the company does have a valid labour clearance they cannot hire an expatriate - with or without a fit medical certificate.

Trust you follow the process better now.

Good luck.

Hi sumitran sir,
   I have doubt, for labour clearance how long it takes from they applied?
Process depend on position of recruit? Suppose if civil engineering what's the process duration ?

I got offer letter on  4 months before .. definitely can I get that job ? How may I know my application is successful or not? My company also not responding.. also I did forward my original degree certificate.

vijay vj wrote:

Hi sumitran sir,
   I have doubt, for labour clearance how long it takes from they applied?
Process depend on position of recruit? Suppose if civil engineering what's the process duration ?

I got offer letter on  4 months before .. definitely can I get that job ? How may I know my application is successful or not? My company also not responding.. also I did forward my original degree certificate.

Hi vijay vj,

I have already explained the process, the reasons for delays and the time required for obtaining labour clearances, all in detail in the forum. Please read them for clarity.

Yes, the labour clearance depends on the position being applied for. If the job is, for example, 100% Omanised, obviously no clearance would be given. Fortunately for you engineering jobs are fully Omanised !

As mentioned earlier, the duration of getting the clearance would depend on many factors. Read the other posts please.

Unfortunately there is no way for the employees to check the status of the clearances. Only the company's PRO would be privy to that information as he is the one who would know the exact status from the ministry officials sitting on the other side. And the PRO would then keep the concerned authorities in the organisation posted of the developments.

Good luck.

Thank u for your reply ,

Sir, as you said engineering jobs are 100% omanized. So then why they conducted interview and also keeping my original certificate???
I am really in stress, because I had lost my previous Saudi job also. Currently I am not in job from past 5-months.
If suppose not success, they will intimate or not ?

vijay vj wrote:

Thank u for your reply ,

Sir, as you said engineering jobs are 100% omanized. So then why they conducted interview and also keeping my original certificate???
I am really in stress, because I had lost my previous Saudi job also. Currently I am not in job from past 5-months.
If suppose not success, they will intimate or not ?

Hi vijay vj,

My sentence in the earlier post should read as "Fortunately for you engineering jobs are NOT fully Omanised !". My apologies for the inadvertent error.

I know waiting endlessly can be stressful. But there is no other choice except to lookout for other opportunities. Well, in your case even that is not possible as your original certificates are stuck with your prospective employer.

Hope and pray that you receive your employment visa soon.

I wish you good luck.

Hi every one, I only to ask what is the meaning of: "we have received your final approval from the Ministry of Manpower."  It is means that we have LC? we submitted all the documents on october and this reply was on 28 january.

Thank you

Hi every one, I only to ask what is the meaning of: "we have received your final approval from the Ministry of Manpower."  It is means that we have LC? we submitted all the documents on october and this reply was on 28 january.

After in other mail they told my husband that visa would take 10 days, but this week (Thursday) one month ago that they told this and we are waiting, for this reason I am confused because I supossed LC was approved but visa have taken long time! (more than 10 days) in other email after this they wrote that HR to proceed for your clearance & visa ... I dont understand in what stage of procces we are!

Thank you!

Ángelaexpoman wrote:

After in other mail they told my husband that visa would take 10 days, but this week (Thursday) one month ago that they told this and we are waiting, for this reason I am confused because I supossed LC was approved but visa have taken long time! (more than 10 days) in other email after this they wrote that HR to proceed for your clearance & visa ... I dont understand in what stage of procces we are!

Thank you!

Your understanding is absolutely correct, manpower approval means the LC approval. Its not 10 days to receive the visa but sometimes (in some cases), it takes even 2 months as well.  But end of the day, it will be obtained. I would urge you to advice your husband to keep in regular contact with the HR of the company as few organizations have lazy (Yes, unfortunately) PROs to follow up work visas. Best of luck !

Schaz thank you for your reply, I will say my husband your advice!!! we hope to receive soon the visa... we are ansious!

approximation how long time need for clearances please give me answer

kandan7 wrote:

approximation how long time need for clearances please give me answer

Hi kandan7,

Answers is already provided in the forum.

Please read.

Hi, I got selected for Oman as a catering manager for a company, today I went for medical. I came to know my all the report like blood, urin, stool, fhysical fitness all FIT but my x-ray is unfit, GCC. But I checked in out side in other digionistic center its showing FIT.
Please guide me someone I can get employment visa ? If not any other way ? Really I need this job . please help me.

Thanking you waiting for a good suggestion .

Regards

Rakibul Hossain

Hi rakibulhmondal,

You would know better about the condition of your lungs than any X-Rays would.

If a GAMCA accredited clinic has certified you as "unfit", then I'm afraid you cannot qualify for an employment visa.

I am told that the medical results are all synced and networked so your test results would stay live in the system for a certain amount of time. Find out how long this duration would be.

Afterwards go get yourself another test done in some other GAMCA approved clinic and hope for the best !

Good luck.

hi,

after a long search i found this useful thread.

now back to question. i have been offered a job at muscat in november, ane received my offer letter in november 2014 itself.  I have sent my educational certificates and medical test result by 3rd week of december and they were well received and confirmed.
but till today i havent got my visa and everytime i get the mail saying the procedure will be over soon, but how soon that nobody knows.

and after going through the thread it seems sometimes the procedure may take about 6 months as well.

so can anybody guide me here about
1. timing it may take to complete the visa procedure
2. what should be right questions to be asked, i mean should i ask if they receive my labour clearance first or should ask about my visa first?

for details, as per employer i will be given visa in architect's category. and i am a landscape architect and an architect.

Hi arharsh46,

If you read the numerous discussion which have happened in the forum earlier on your same subject, you will get all the information and details that you are seeking.

Good luck to all members

I got cal from one civil engineering company I that interview completed. Offerletter with in week it's came,I submitted my qualification certificate and medical certificate from GCC. Till now not yet receive my employment visa.pls can you tel me.in how many days it wil get it?

This is becoming ridiculously unbelievable.

Apparently nobody is reading any other posts in the forum.

Seems like they come, post their query and wait for answers ONLY to their post.

Keep waiting.

Reddykumarshyam wrote:

I got cal from one civil engineering company I that interview completed. Offerletter with in week it's came,I submitted my qualification certificate and medical certificate from GCC. Till now not yet receive my employment visa.pls can you tel me.in how many days it wil get it?

That is like asking how long is a piece of string.
There are so many variables and each application is checked over before a decision is made. Could take a week, a month or a few months or not at all.

As Sumitran, our resident expert has said, please read through posts before asking questions as the information is available in these posts.

Thank you.

HI, I am an Electrical Engineer I got selected for a construction company in OMAN on 03-04-2015, During the interview the interviewer told the salary details and everything after that i submitted my Attested certificates and medical to the consultancy with in five days till now(it's been 45 days) i have not received the offer letter, when i called to the consultancy every time they are saying me to wait, wait,,,,, can any one please tell me how much time more will it take to get the visa normally for Oman? and will the company do the visa process in RAMADAN month?

thank you....

Please reply....

yadav M wrote:

HI, I am an Electrical Engineer I got selected for a construction company in OMAN on 03-04-2015, During the interview the interviewer told the salary details and everything after that i submitted my Attested certificates and medical to the consultancy with in five days till now(it's been 45 days) i have not received the offer letter, when i called to the consultancy every time they are saying me to wait, wait,,,,, can any one please tell me how much time more will it take to get the visa normally for Oman? and will the company do the visa process in RAMADAN month?

thank you....

Please reply....

Hi yadav M,

Getting an expatriate's employment visa issued comprises of meeting some stringent formalities - by the employer.

Nowadays it is becoming increasingly difficult to hire expatriate labour force as the government is 'regularising' the job market in earnest as there is an imbalance in the hiring ration between the locals and foreigners.

The focus of the government is to reduce the number of expatriates from coming into Oman for new job opportunities as much as they possibly can. Hence all these various checks and balances have been put in place and are implemented very strictly.

If you company is asking you to wait, then it means that they must be trying hard to get the required job clearance for your post. Until and unless the Ministry of Manpower issues the job clearance, the employment visa cannot be processed. How long it would take to get the job clearance also depends on many factors and requirements which the company ha to fulfill. That is why there is usually such an inordinate delay in getting any new job clearance.

Now before you jump in with more of the same and much asked questions, I would advise you to please read through the umpteen posts in the forum on the same subject. and you will get all the information you need.

Dear sumitran and everyone,

I was researching about Oman visa processes and found this amazingly helpful site.. My question may be a little off track, as I'm yet to start the process..

I have a job offer from Technical and Administrative Training Institute L.L.C (TATI), for lecturer post in Salalah college of Technology.
The letter says, I will be on the pay rolls of TATI, and not the college.. Should I be concerned?
Is this a genuine organization? Can I accept the offer?

Please advise. Thanks.