Work and live to Marrakech

Hi, I'm Franco from Italy, and I'd like to live and work in Marrakech.
I'm buying an apartment near the airport, Mhamid, and I'd like to know if you could help me to find any contact about hotel manager, restaurant manager or purchasing manager into hotel 4 or 5 stars, because I have many experience about this kind of work and high level of service.
I am also ready to theach to the new owners or professional profile for an important and successful start up.
I hope to meet to Marrakech and good luck for your life.
Thank you so much
Franco Reale

Forget about it. Unless you have a skill that no Moroccan at all in the country has and can fill the job, you will not be authorised by the Anapec (agency for allowing foreigners to work in Morocco inter alia) to work in Morocco. There are tens of thousands of unemployed Moroccans with skills in the field you describe, so you'd be behind them in the queue. I know this as I am coming to Morocco to work and fortunately I have a skill in an area where there are no unemployed Moroccans!

thanks for your input but I do not I give up. I go to Morocco since 2008 and I see the level of service and hygiene standards and work are still very low. With my experience, passion, expertise could give the hotel for which I would work, a value that would make a difference, and especially teaching quality standards of success. I will continue to look for those who can help me because I know that my contribution will make a difference. good luck to you too

There is a chance, many high class hotels and guest houses prefer to have few foreigners in their top management and as your msg above shows your drive and trust in your skills you could get some post. The best way is to contact properties or companies you would like to work for directly and give them offer.

Good luck!

Thanks forma reply. as you say is correct, but send hundreds of resumes no sense. I thought with this blog there could be someone who can introduce or companies who use these tools to get directly in contact. I would love to provide all my knowledge and skills otherwise my experience and my professionalism is useless.

I am Peter a young 65 wanting to live and do some work in Marrakesch.  Am grammar school educated.  disciplines accountancy and politics. I play guitar.

Peter,
I am not sure about the laws that regulate internationals, but I do know that for Moroccans they have an age restriction for workers...basically it equals to a forced retirement for workers at age 60.

Good luck with your future and your endeavors.  I believed the restrictions on age don't apply to getting a license for owning/working at your own business, so opening your own tutoring service  for your speciality might be an option.

efferre wrote:

Hi, I'm Franco from Italy, and I'd like to live and work in Marrakech.
I'm buying an apartment near the airport, Mhamid, and I'd like to know if you could help me to find any contact about hotel manager, restaurant manager or purchasing manager into hotel 4 or 5 stars, because I have many experience about this kind of work and high level of service.
I am also ready to theach to the new owners or professional profile for an important and successful start up.
I hope to meet to Marrakech and good luck for your life.
Thank you so much
Franco Reale

Once you own property you can apply for residency.  Once you have your residency card, you will be on equal ground with local Moroccans for employment.  I once got a job in Morocco at a VIP DMC (travel agency), so I know it can be done by a non-Moroccan. Getting into the hotel/hospitality industry of Morocco is difficult for anyone. I suggest  making friends from people who work or know people who work where you want to work. Then get them to give you a reference. No one in Marrakech gets a job without a reference no matter how good or bad your CV is.