Marry a moroccan in rabat - looking for english to chat with

hi I'm 19, from bc canada, and in the process of filling out papers to marry a moroccan in rabat.
just looking for some people who speak english to chat with and can have conversations with since i don't know french and slowly ( and i mean slowly) learning arabic.

I see you're from Canada. No surprise there.

vanessa2213 wrote:

hi I'm 19, from bc canada, and in the process of filling out papers to marry a moroccan in rabat.
just looking for some people who speak english to chat with and can have conversations with since i don't know french and slowly ( and i mean slowly) learning arabic.

You are 19. You have your whole life in front of you. I beg you, abandon this marriage idea. Do you know the failure rate of marriages between people from the 1st and 3rd worlds? It's up to 90%. The 3rd world partner only wants a visa. Have a look through this forum and the one in Algeria, Tunisia and Egypt to see all the men and women bemoaning their stupidity in marrying someone from N Africa.

They are plausible and cunning. They love you - until they get to the west and then the western partner is dumped.

Have a look at farrahgatsby's post here:--

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=426540

Her Algerian husband dumped her the moment he reached the USA. This is what they do.

Please, please reconsider.

i can assure you, that is not the case, first of all he doesn't even want to fly, he hates heights and has never  and never wanted to fly, if he had it  his was he would never leave morocco, but me wanting to go back is what is making him fly. as well as hates the cold. he would only come to canada for me.

(Moderated: inappropriate)

I'm not defending my marriage to some random person.  Plus you haven't even been here, so you can't judge the people here

Err, I've been to Morocco more than you, and more than enough times to know exactly what goes on there. You don't need to defend anything, because it's simply indefensible. (Moderated: no insults please). Sadly the hard way, but you will learn at least.

vanessa2213 wrote:

I'm not defending my marriage to some random person.  Plus you haven't even been here, so you can't judge the people here

Talking of random, that guy is a random person you came across online.  :)

One I've been to Morocco multipile times, so who's to say I met him online, I never mentioned that I met him online

That's nothing. You're talking to someone who shares a similar culture, the same religion and language. I'm telling you, you're making a mistake. I've known them for a large part of my life, you're obviously new to all of this, no wonder why you're believing those stuff, while the rest of us are laughing our heads off.

WOW

vanessa2213 wrote:

i can assure you, that is not the case, first of all he doesn't even want to fly, he hates heights and has never  and never wanted to fly, if he had it  his was he would never leave morocco, but me wanting to go back is what is making him fly. as well as hates the cold. he would only come to canada for me.

Oh dear. He has really got himself into your brain. Of COURSE he doesn't want to leave a country where he might earn $8 a day (if he's not unemployed - please tell me he isn't) for one where he could get $150 or more as well as free healthcare and social security. Of course he doesn't want to fly. Of course he hates the cold.  Of course he's terrified of heights. Of course he wants to stay in Morocco but you are "making" him go to Canada. Not. You'll be dumped the moment you get him there and he gets residency. Do you believe all this that he is telling you? But he "lurves" you, according to him. Yeah right.

Please read the signs at least. 

What amount of dowry is he giving you? If he were marrying a Moroccan girl, he would be giving her a minimum of $6000 and I mean a minimum. How much gold has he bought you for the wedding? A normal amount would be $2000 minimum. How much is the wedding going to cost him? You don't pay a penny as your relatives (or very few) will be there but he will have 100s there.

What is his job? He earns enough, I take it, to support you comfortably while you are in Morocco? And he speaks good English so he will find a good job to support you in Canada? Not. Again.

I bet, if you have met them, the parents and family are "really kind and nice". If you haven't met the extended family, or them, then they are ashamed of you.

Please drop this disastrous marriage. Every single person I know who has been dumped by someone from the developing world started off posting and talking like you. "My guy (or girl) is different. He truly loves me". He is not and he does not. You are a means to an end, a cushy life in the West. And you are infatuated, that's all. You are desperate to speak English with someone, which tells me just how much you communicate together.

I'm sorry to sound so harsh, but I'm exasperated. Why on earth would a 19 year old want to get married without doing college/uni first or establishing a career?

At least try googling "Moroccan marriage scam"!

I hope you find some people to talk English to, Vanessa. And I hope that they talk you out of this harebrained scheme. I usually let people just get on with it, but you're NINETEEN! I don't want to see you ruin your life.

So I'll hit every paragraph state my point then I'm done with this.
I'm the one making all the choices here. Heck I may not even ever go back to  canada, but I might go, maybe I'll go alone visit and come back, who knows. So as far as work and crap, that bridge will cross when it comes.

There is no dowry to give me nor do I care for him to give me one. And not will be the expense of the wedding matter cause it's just going to be small with small amount of money, because I absoultly hate having things like party's or celebrations and what not directed toward me. Never had any party as child or young, nor gone to any because I hate them. There for he is giving me the choic of what I want.

And he does work so he sees why I want to make some English speaking friends so that I have people to talk to, met up with and have just some friends here like back home too. And his English is perfectly fine, he will find work easily in Canada.

As far as family goes, I live with him and his brother sister and parents, which from meeting other family members in the line, and their friends and seeing their homes it's not uncommon for them to live with parents or other family members, so you could say I know his immediate family quite well, extended family I have met many and many, considering his dad has 11 siblings alone.

I think you just have crap friends then if they can all get dumped so easily. That's not my problem .

And I know it's cliche but college isn't for everyone, my dream isn't to go to college or uni and study, be shit broke or in debit forever. Never in my life have I ever dreamed of this.
I simply just want to do my hobbies, work the jobs I need to get through if needed, marry have children and take care of them that's all I want. Just a family.

I'm leaving it at that, if anyone doesnt like it, or thinks it's a "disastrous marriage", well then scroll over don't bother with reading it, and don't talk to me then.

Thank you for your answer. I'm not going to try any more to persuade you, not because I agree with you, but because I have seen this wilful blindness many times before.

One thing, you are "living with" him at his parents. As husband and wife before you are married?

im done having to explain myself, your aren't my mother

So you are "living in sin". You have not completed the process.

That says a lot about his family. That they are letting you sleep with him is scandalous.

XB23 wrote:
vanessa2213 wrote:

Talking of random, that guy is a random person you came across online.  :)

laduqesa wrote:

So you are "living in sin". You have not completed the process.

That says a lot about his family. That they are letting you sleep with him is scandalous.

Hi XB23 and laduquesa,

The topic that the initiator has created is not about marriage and we are not here to judge or criticize the decision of others.

The initiator only came here to search for english speaking people with whom she can talk to !

Thank you for respecting the decision of others on this site please and avoid creating useless controversy.

Regards

Priscilla
Expat.com team

hi sister i can hzlp u i'm kinda speaking it XD

I am really shocked to read all those responses on this site.. We should not generalize things so easily.. She knows best what she is doing.. No one else have the right to make a judgment without having personal information about someone..

safiullah123 wrote:

I am really shocked to read all those responses on this site.. We should not generalize things so easily.. She knows best what she is doing.. No one else have the right to make a judgment without having personal information about someone..

She's NINETEEN, for goodness sake.

Anyway, this is off topic, as the moderator has advised.

Yeah so I may be 19, but I've grown up long ago, and if you actually knew me you would have known, unlike you who is judging everyone one this website. And without any help here, I'm officially married now.

she is NINETEEN, EIGHTEEN, or SEVENTEEN that is not and should not be our business.. Who we are to advice someone not to marry a person just because he/she belongs from a specific geographic region..very strange argument..

I agree

first of all i want to congratulate you and i wish you a happiness

and i'll be glad to have conversation with you if you want, i live in Sale

Hi vanessa2213,

Congratulations :) am here if you are still looking for friends "English speakers" :)

Good luck

helllo! i can speak English and i am from Morocco

safiullah123 wrote:

she is NINETEEN, EIGHTEEN, or SEVENTEEN that is not and should not be our business.. Who we are to advice someone not to marry a person just because he/she belongs from a specific geographic region..very strange argument..

You're banned for a reason. I wouldn't be surprised if it was because of nonsense like this you've been vomiting on the site.

Please ignore this person. Utterly clueless about the reality of the country.

So how did marriage go? Out of curiosity....all well??

I hope that you found your happiness if not warn others please.

Sam

Hi there.. Are you already settled here in Morocco already.? Coz i saw your post last Junr so im wondering if you are here already.im just here to make friends. Im from Philippines btw, my name is Alma.

Hello Vanessa, if you're still in Rabat and looking for friends, we surely can build a friendship together.

Sure why not.. I love meeting people..

Me too, I've sent you a dm :)