Saar/Janabiya to the British School in Hamala

Hi there,

I am looking for house in Hamala because my kids are going to British school. Under my budget it is hard to get a house around the school so I extended the area I am looking at. Saar and Janabiya are also close enough but some people said that from these areas to the British school especially in the morning is a nightmare because of the traffic.
Could anyone who travel from Saar or Janabiya to British school give me any opinion on this? travelling in the morning and evening? and the ways to travel?

If I restricted my options in Hamala and Jasra I don't need to cross the Highway which I think it will be benefit so anyone who travel within Hamala or Jasra to the British school please give your opinion as well.

We are in a compound in New Janabiya (opposite the little strip of shops which are just north of The British school).  I find that the drive to school in the morning is quite quick and not having to battle to go over the bridge over the causeway is a definite plus.

Don't forget that the house prices you see advertised can be negotiated a bit!!  Have you looked at Bahrain Property World (some links below) to see what they bring up for those areas (Be warned that places in New Janabiya are sometimes shown as Hamala)??  It is worth having a drive around to find areas you like and you can ask those on the gate if they have properties available - this can be cheaper as they don't have to pay an agent!!
New Janabiya
Hamala
Janabiya
Saar

If you are north of the causeway you have the bonus of being closer to the Dilmun Club or the Rugby club, but you are also possibly getting caught up in the traffic to cross it on the school run.
If you are south of the causeway you don't have the traffic over the bridge to worry about but you have a longer trip to the clubs!

Personally we preferred to be closer to the school as we thought we would be doing that run more than others and haven't decided on which club to join yet (British CLub, Dilmun or Rugby Club).

Hope this helps and good luck with your hunt!
S

Saar by St Chris is easy. Pop on to the highway, stay on the right towards Saudi and then take 2nd exit to Hamala. Old Saar and Janabiya are one junction away from the Hamala exit.
School buses also take the pressure off

Thanks Mummy T.

That is what I think too. Traffic will be bad in the morning so I prefer south side of the highway.
But most of the house in this area are villa or compounds which are quite over budget for us if I think about including furniture, internet and satellite, so now I am looking at apartment in Saar and Janabiya too.

Thanks Jo.
You are always helpful. I was waiting for the contact from your real estate agent friend but I think she forgot about me. I am with a couple of other agency now to keep looking for a house in that area. If you see her tell her I am still looking at.

You are right about the way and the distance. I am still not sure about the traffic from one side to another of the highway especially in the morning school time. School bus option also we think about but the bus will be jammed in the traffic as well?

Hi, I'm in hospital at the moment but I've messaged her to get in touch with you. (Give her a call saying you are considering Saar and I'm sure she will help you out). we did spend days trying to find you a place in your preferred area but as you say the budget doesn't match up. You will be fine in Saar, just leave home 10 minutes earlier. You will also be near the clubs, cinema and nice restaurants where there is actually not a lot to do in Hamala