Cambodian tourist visa stamp to new passport

To get to the point, before reentering Cambodia from Thailand, I applied for a new passport in Bangkok. After a fortnight I was notified that my new passport is ready for pickup so I left Cambodia in order to collect it from Bangkok and get back to Cambodia again.

At the borders (Poipet) I presented both passports with the Thai exit stamp in the old one. The Thai officer asked for some additional docs given by the embassy in similar circumstances and he also mentioned that the embassy officials should have canceled my old passport when I received the new one, which unfortunately wasn't the case. To cut things short, they let me pass by stamping my old passport so I entered Cambodia with the same passport which expires in October.

I contacted my embassy in Bangkok and they advised me to go in the local immigration office in Cambodia to pass the Cambodian entry stamp in my new passport.

The next day  I went to the local police station and they told me to go to an airport (Phnom Penh or Siem Reap) to get this over with. I am sure there must be some other department to deal with similar immigration situations but the officers didn't seem to know anything about it.
:(   

So as it seems the only choice I have is to visit one of the two airports' immigration office.
Does anyone know if there is another gov office or department elsewhere?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Expired passport with valid visa is no problem. I had the same combination for several months, and could leave and enter the country without issues. You just need to travel with both passports for some period of time, and also at the next due visa renewal, hand in both passports.

It is not expired, it expires in October. They will ask why I haven't canceled my previous passport when I got my new one but nobody in the embassy told me so,

best thing to do is to get an entry stamp on the new passport from the airport immigration.  bring along the old passport and relevant docs.

No relevant dosts exist and I will cross land borders.

Land borders are even less of a problem. If the official decides your two passports are a problem, just hand them $10.

I figure that would be a good solution.
:D

Hi there,

I don't think you will have any problem. Just go to your nearest travel agent. Other than that, there is another building you can go to which is near the PP airport. I will try and find out for you.

Thanks for the offer, I have left Cambodia. However there was a problem at the borders. I will give details tomorrow.
By the way in case you are interested in teaching since you are a teacher, there is a position not far from Siem Reap.