Moving to Ghana for 2 years

Hello!
My name is Wendy, I'm from Belgium and I'm 38 years old. In May, I'm moving to Ghana for two years, to work on a regional project on health care. For the moment, I'm looking for a place to stay. A room in a shared house or apartment would be nice, even if it's only available for a few weeks, so I can look around for something more permanent. Each tip is welcome, also on life and habits, recommended or not recommended neighbourhoods, etc. Thank you all for any advice!

Hi Wendy

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have created a new thread on the Ghana forum for better visibility :)

I would suggest you browse through Housing in Ghana where you may also post an ad :)

You may as well subscribe to the section so as you receive alerts for any new posting!

Cheers

Mishna

Moderated by Yuveshen
Reason : Post your advert in the Housing section- Housing in Ghana.

ok, thank you! I'll do that!

Hi Wendy

If you are really stuck i could suggest you come and stay with my girlfriend and i . She is from Belgium and i stayed there for like ten years that is where we met.

I am indian shes Belgian ofcourse.

We could assist with anything and offer you a place and agree a price. We are staying in East Legon close to AnC Mall. Its a modern and nice house.

I have inserted a inverter so no noise of generator but we can only make use of fans and water pressure is low. You can always take a look and see.

[Moderated by kenjee
Reason: Please do not give over personal contact infos on a public forum
]

Best wishes Suren

Hi, my name is Flemming from Denmark, I have lived in Ghana the last 8 years,

[Moderated by kenjee
Reason: Please do not give over personal contact infos on a public forum
]

Hello Suren

We have a Housing in Ghana section for such adverts. Please refer there with an advert to reach out to people seeking rentals

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hello Suren,
that's really nice of you! I'm stll waiting for the exact address of the office I'll be working in. It would be interesting to know the price of the room. I don't know how they did this, but some people sent me a private message through the site, so we could exchange personal email. You know how to do this?
wendy

Hey Flemming, nice meeting you. If you have any suggestions, let me know!
wendy

Hi Wendy,

Sent me a mail to this email, flemming_lkf(at)hotmail.com, then I can explain.

Greetings from

Flemming

Dear Wendy,
I have lived here for 4 years from Europe also. I have a room available which you could have for one month. I am also v knowledgeable about Ghana.

Moderated by Christine
Reason: please avoid your personal contacts here.

Moderated by Christine
Reason: please post your offer in the housing section

hi wendy

my email is simple

its my first name joined

so surenpather

at

htomail dot com

cheers and look forward to assisting you in anyway. Sofia will be glad to have a fellow belgian to chat with as i know she has alot of time on her hands.

Cheers and take care Suren