Visitando España

Hola,

Soy mexicana y voy de vacaciones ne octubre por 3 semanas a España. Cómo es poco tiempo, me gustaría que me recomendaran los lugares que no debo perderme. Como gusto de bailar salsa, no estaría mal que me recomendaran también buenos lugares para seguir disfrutando uno de mis pasatiempos preferidos.

Gracias de antemano

Saludos

Denhí

Es una pregunta bastante amplia. ¿Puedes darnos unas pistas sobre tu destino? ( supongo que ya tengas el billete,) tus preferecias (playa, montaña, museos,) el presupuesto etcétera.

@Dew and Culebronchris

You have posted on the Anglophone section of the forum where it is mandatory to post in ENGLISH only. That way members can understand what you have written.

If you wish to post in another language simply click on the flag icon, top right hand corner of this page and select from the drop down box.

Thank you.

I don't think mine is really Spanish!!

Ups! I did not realized it, since I wished to get information in Spanish, and I selected it. Thank you I will add it in English, it will be interesting to get feedback of other people.

No he comprado billete aún, precisamente para primero tener una lista de lugares interesantes. Me gustan los pueblos con edificios antiguos, museos interesantes, pero también zonas naturales especialmente bellas. Qué dificíl verdad?

I still did not buy any ticket, because I wishe to get some inputs about interesting places. I like towns and cities with old buildings and houses, interesting museums, but natural areas specially beautiful. Difficult, insn't it?

Yes u r right

Well it's still a huge question. Obviously the big cities, Madrid, Barcelona and Sevilla are full of everything. Sevilla fits the idea of Spain - lots of sun, bullfights, flouncy skirts and it is loaded with beautiful buildings. I guess you can dance salsa anywhere but in Sevilla you can dance Sevillanas, a dance that we foreigners think is flamenco. Madrid is a nice vibrant city and so is Barcelona with the advantage that it is beside the sea and the disadvantage that sometimes you are made to feel unwelcome because you are not Catalan.

For something a bit different Salamanca is great and full of life because of the university. For something very different with beautiful countryside try anywhere in the North - I like Santiago de Compostela but Asturias is lovely and with a great coastline around Lastres. The Cantabrian coastline around Santillana del Mar is great too generally there is less nightlife away from the big cities.

Dehni,
Mi opinion so quires lugares fonde bailar salsa serial mejor que lo guarded cuando vayas a Colombia Cali. Vas para espana yo quisiera aprender la cultural de espana come in BRN, end Madrid, Andalusia yo con lo que a leido to son in poquito different.yo Quito vivid /retirarme in Malaga pot la razon de vivid la Vida espanola.
ESA es Mi opinion , other takers with toughouts???
Walter

waltery wrote:

Dehni,
Mi opinion so quires lugares fonde bailar salsa serial mejor que lo guarded cuando vayas a Colombia Cali. Vas para espana yo quisiera aprender la cultural de espana come in BRN, end Madrid, Andalusia yo con lo que a leido to son in poquito different.yo Quito vivid /retirarme in Malaga pot la razon de vivid la Vida espanola.
ESA es Mi opinion , other takers with toughouts???
Walter

In my opinion if I want to find places to dance salsa I will save that for another trip to Cali, Colombia so if you go to Spain in my opinion I will go only to learn the Spanish way of living their custumes, their food (yummy)  BRN, Madrid, andaluicia, Valencia all of these places have slightly different way of living.
I wan to live/retire in Malaga for the only reason to learn to live the Spanish way of living.
Cheers
Walter

Hi everyone,

We are on the Spain anglophone forum here, so can we please post in english?

If you wish to communicate in spanish, you can create a new thread here : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=2290

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

I understand what you mean Walter. But I do not like flamenco, much more salsa, and it is eitehr a good way to be in touch with local people. This is a kind of exploration travel to organize a longer trip next time, I just wish to selec interesting places. I already lived in Germany and Switzerland many years, which I consider the best way to know a culture, a travel live many superficial impresions, which seldom honor the real life of  a country.