Looking for long-time Mrakshi expatriate

Hi
I visited Marrakech for the first time in 1979 and since then I have friends from a good big Moroccan family -  but I've never met any expatriate! I will come there next week and it would be very nice to meet somebody about my age. I know the country well and am not looking for touristic advice, but I'm interested in many things and like to change views. It would be interesting to learn something about the experience of being an expatriate in Marrakech. Who knows if I'm there for longer periods in the future?
Cara Carima

Hei. Kuinka voit?

It would help if you told us how old you are, as you want to meet people the same age.

There are lots of expats in Marrakech. You will find some

Thank very much you for your answer :-)
Because I'm new at this site, I wanted to be a little careful to begin with and thought that writing that I visited Marrakech for the first time in 1979, gives a clue about my age. But I didn't mention that I travelled alone, not with my parents :-)
I have expatriate friends in Rabat and Casa, but not in Marrakech and none of them have friends there, either.
I'm fluent in Swedish, Finnish, Danish and English, but I don't speak French and my Arabic is very poor.
I noticed that there's a page for mailing on this site, so we could continue there :-)

Ramadan Kareem!

CaraCarima wrote:

I'm fluent in Swedish, Finnish, Danish and English, but I don't speak French and my Arabic is very poor.
I noticed that there's a page for mailing on this site, so we could continue there :-)

You could send a PM, of course! Please write in English. Although I understand and speak some Swedish and Finnish (Danish is hard for me, the accent and spelling obviously) please write in English.

However, it might be better to talk on the forums as the information we share would be available to other people.

Hi again
Your're ringht. Let's write PM:s only if we exchange e-mail addresses or telephone numbers.
And thank you for your greeting in Finnish :-) Kaikki hyvin.

Yesterday I put this text on the thread "New members of the Morocco forum, introduce yourself here":
"Hi everyone!
I'm new on this site, but not in Morocco. I don't live there, but next week will be my 26th time and my 10th in Marrakech. I have recently retired from the media field and am interested in music, cultural exchange, film and literature. I have friends in Morocco, but I don't know any expatriates in Marrakech. I would very much like to exchange views and learn about your experience of being an expatriate for a long time."

Good morning.

I hope you get some answers! Please be aware that you will probably also get some private messages from some of the local Romeos (and worse) who will offer you a good time or want to "help" you - at your expense!

Stick to contacting verifiable expats. It's a pity your French is inadequate as the French community is far larger and more active than the anglophone one.

Thank you :-)
Yes, I'm limited by not speaking French. I would be quite good at it by now by now, if I hadn't made the decision in the 80's not to learn French, because then I would never learn any Arabic. Well, it somehow worked -  I still don't speak French, but unfortunately the Arabic is quite rudimentary. But I get by :-)

So, my hope is to meet some anglophone expatriates, or some of the few from the Nordic countries.

Try to contact English speaking women in Marrakech group on FB. They can help you and are starting to have a weekly meetings too.

Good luck and enjoy Marrakech,
Denise

:) Thanks for the advice! I will.

Hello,
I'm Hanane and I just moved to Marrakech.
I would love to meet u

Greetings!

I will be glade to meet you madam and giving you some advices about that subject