Dependent VISA

Hi All,

I am in belgium on work permit from India. I am in belgium from OCT . On march i applied for my dependent visa . But my document are sent to Brussels to Foreign ministry and when i called they are saying it will take another 3 to 6 months . So is it a normal process and is there any way we can expedite this process . Please let me know of any information regarding my problem.

Belgian Enbassy in Amman serves Iraq also.

Jabal Amman, 4th Circle (near Prime Ministry), Saad Juma Street 17, Amman, Jordan P.O. Box 942, 11118 Amman
Opening hours:Sun - Thu 09h00-12h00 for visa applicants

[email protected]
http://diplomatie.belgium.be/jordan/

You can check the embassy website to see what kind of visas are offered and how to apply for them, what are the eligibility criteria, etc.

http://diplomatie.belgium.be/en/service … r_belgium/  link also have more details.

J J Patnaik wrote:

Hi All,

I am in belgium on work permit from India. I am in belgium from OCT . On march i applied for my dependent visa . But my document are sent to Brussels to Foreign ministry and when i called they are saying it will take another 3 to 6 months . So is it a normal process and is there any way we can expedite this process . Please let me know of any information regarding my problem.

Hi JJ,
In some cases, documents are sent to Belgium (department of foreign affairs) for verification and approval process. I know about cases that took 4-6 months to get the decision. There is no way you can make this process go faster. The time taken, depends on workload on ministry.

Hi Aneesh/JJ

My dependent visa application has also been sent to belgium.
Is der anyway to track the progress after the file has been sent to belgium.
I have heared that it can be tracked in the below website   https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/FR/Page … evisa.aspx

but im not sure how to track it .....can you please help on it....

On that link first give the city name from where you applied your visa , Second give the file no mentioned in the letter sent to you .

Also, please note that it takes at least 3 weeks to a month, for the file to reach DOFI, from your home country's consulate, and some times another month for them to start working on it, because of the queue, workload, etc.. Cases from all consulates over the world, comes to this office..

So, u start to see the status in DOFI website only after at least a month or more, from the date of application..

Hi Aneesh,

Hello!
I am applying for D visa for self and family by next week, Since I translate the birth certificate of all the member from Hindi to English and attested by notary as a true copy. Will that work for filling visa application or need to translate from sovereign translator in to Dutch or French.
Thank you in advance!!!

regards
Rajinder

Hi Aneesh,

I have to join the company in Belgium by 1st June and will apply for the D visa by 7th May, Is there possibility that my family will get D visa within three weeks. As my employer has hired a consultancy for every help in Belgium, and they are asking for Application number of visa, so they can expedite the D visa. Is it possible?

thanks in advance
Regards
Rajinder

For visa application, documents in English is fine.. No need to translate them to French / Dutch..

I assume you are applying with your work permit issued from Belgium. In that case, if all documents are fine, visa processing takes a week or so (in normal conditions -- assuming consulate is not very busy, etc)..

Thanks
I am applying with Work permit, Is it a week for family visa as well?

Actually, the visa applications go together. I mean, in VFS, you submit applications for you and your family, in a single go. It must not normally take more than a week.

If your family decides to apply later, that processing can take longer.

Thanks  :)
Hope to see you soon!

Dear Aneesh

An authentic certificate confirming that the child is unmarried for blow the age of 18 is required for apply long stay visa since my kids are 4 & 1.6years, I have made an affidavit stating kids are unmarried and attested by Notary.
Will it work or further I have to Legalized this affidavit with MEA.
Request you to answer ASAP, I am going for attestation of rest of the documents.

Thank you in advance!

regards
Rajinder

this is something new. I was never asked such a document.

Could you point out where did you find this document is necessary ?

http://www.vfs-be-in.com/residencevisa_ … uired.html

See Non EU section
Children under 18 years
second point

Please check!

Hmmm.. This certificate is normally asked when the parent is already in Belgium and later on you apply for a visa for your kid to bring him/her here.

I do not think its needed when you apply with your work permit, and submit your spouse/kids application along with your application.

But, aligning with your line of thought, its a good idea to keep the document ready in case VFS asks for it (for kids of 4 and 1.5, I am sure they wont ask for it). I assume the affidavit should be okay...

The best way to get clarified is to call VFS helpdesk. They are very helpful and will provide you the right info.

Thanks!
I already spoke to VFS, lady was confused, was saying submit affidavit later if embassy asked produce the apostille one!
I am trying, I dont know whether it can be appostille or not. Since my friend is SDM he will mark to state home ministry but later can be MEA?

I will update!

Raj

:(  Sorry about that. I worked with Bangalore VFS, when I applied for my visa, and the guys on phone gave me very clear information.

OK.. Now, affidavit can only be done till notary. MEA doesnt apostle affidavits, as per my knowledge.

I am sure embassy will not ask for more certificates to prove that 4 and 1.5 year old kids are not married.

Go ahead with the notaried affidavit. I am sure everything will go well..

Hi all
Am akram from tunisia i like to move to belgium looking to work if any body can help me with the visa i will be thankful

Hi J J Patnaik,

Did your wife get the visa. How much time it took finally?

Please let me know. I am in similar situation. We applied for visa this month, when should I expect it.

Thanks,

Hi Everyone,

I have a query regarding family reunion/spouse visa. My husband is moving to Belgium from Bangalore by mid December this year. I plan to join him next year by March/April. Can you guys please let me know the following:

1. Once he reaches belgium and starts working there, how long will it take him to obtain the following documents ( in order to send it to me for my dependent visa)
- Belgium residence permit
- A certificate confirming that the person you wish to join has a residence suitable to receive you.
- The proof that the person you wish to join has a medical insurance valid for Belgium for himself and all his family members

2. VFS global mentions the following on their website - "All official documents must be recent i.e. not older than 6 months, attested by local, competent authorities and then legalized by The Ministry for External Affairs, Consular Division, Patiala House, New Delhi".
- What does attested by local authorities mean? Please let me know where I can get this done.
- For legalization by MEA - can this be done through VFS global? How long does it take?

3. Once I apply for the visa, within how many days/weeks can I expect the visa?

4. Do we need any other document apart from what's mentioned above for the dependent visa?

Would be of immense help if you can answers all of them; we're getting different opinions on these questions and are totally confused about the procedure! I don't want to be stuck in Bangalore for too long once he leaves :).

Thanks a ton in advance !

Smita

I have a query regarding family reunion/spouse visa. My husband is moving to Belgium from Bangalore by mid December this year. I plan to join him next year by March/April. Can you guys please let me know the following:

>>> Bad Idea .. If you apply together the paper work is much much simpler than applying alone after your husband is already here.

Now, to answer your other questions..

1. Once he reaches Belgium and starts working there, how long will it take him to obtain the following documents ( in order to send it to me for my dependent visa)

- Belgium residence permit   >> Depends on the locality that he chooses to live and the then workload of the local office. Minimum waiting time is 1.5 months or so. In some local offices (communes) it can go upto 2-3 months.

- A certificate confirming that the person you wish to join has a residence suitable to receive you.  >> As soon as he is here, your husband will rent an apartment. The rental agreement will serve as this certificate.

- The proof that the person you wish to join has a medical insurance valid for Belgium for himself and all his family members >> Your husband's company will arrange for this. Before you travel here, they must subscribe you to a medical insurance or they must give you a paper with an undertaking that they will subscribe you to a medical insurance. This will serve as the proof.

2. VFS global mentions the following on their website - "All official documents must be recent i.e. not older than 6 months, attested by local, competent authorities and then legalized by The Ministry for External Affairs, Consular Division, Patiala House, New Delhi".

- What does attested by local authorities mean? Please let me know where I can get this done.
>> You will find a lot of agents for document apostle. You give the document. They will take care of local and MEA attestation. VFS can also do it.

- For legalization by MEA - can this be done through VFS global? How long does it take?
>> It can be done through VFS. Give them a call to ask the turn around time.

3. Once I apply for the visa, within how many days/weeks can I expect the visa?
>> It depends. In some cases consulate in Mumbai makes the decision. If the decision is made there, visa is made in 3-4 days. Nowadays, in most of the cases, the file is sent to Belgium to the foreign office, for verification and decision making. If that is the case, it can take upto 3-4 months.  (This is why I said applying together now, is the best option).

4. Do we need any other document apart from what's mentioned above for the dependent visa?
>> You may have seen the list in consulate or VFS website. Your husbands's employment details, bank statement, your health certificate, etc can be asked.

Rgds // Aneesh

Thanks a ton Anish! that was a big help :). I might bother you a little more incase something else comes up!

No worries.. you can PM me or post in this thread.. Good luck with the application.

Hi all,

My marriage certificate was issued in March 2012 from Kolkata. For the legalization of this document at state level, can I use the same original document or do I have to get the marriage certificate re-issued.

- If this has to be re-issued, please let me know the procedure if anyone's done it recently.
- Before state level, do I have to get this doc authorized by anyone else?

Thanks,

Dee

Hey.. All certificates must not be older than 6 months.. So if your marriage certI fixate is older than 6 months you need to get a new copy issued from the authority who issued the original certificate..

For apostle, VFS provides apostle service (they take care of the state Attestation also) .. Or you can find another agency who does this.. Or you can do it on your own.. State attesting authority which is mostly the home department can tell what pre requisite is there for their attestation..

Hi there ,
I belong to nepal . I was gng through the forum so got urs ..wan to know sthng .Can u kindly tell me how can we opt to get work visa of belgium what are its requirements what are its conditions ?
I hv 3 yrs of bachelor..currently i m working ..i m looking frward to belgium and want to go on working visa instead of student visa . Is it possible ??
Awaiting ,

Regards,
Jas

Hi there ,
I belong to nepal . I was gng through the forum so got urs ..wan to know sthng .Can u kindly tell me how can we opt to get work visa of belgium what are its requirements what are its conditions ?
I hv 3 yrs of bachelor..currently i m working ..i m looking frward to belgium and want to go on working visa instead of student visa . Is it possible ??
Awaiting ,

Regards,
Jas

Thanks Aneesh. The problem is, the lawyer who registered our marriage is saying it will take 3 months to re-issue the marriage certificate. He is saying an attestation by the marriage registar on the original certificate and then by home ministry/MEA is enough. Apparently it's ok if I don't get a reissued certificate. Any clue if that will work?

It will not work. (It may, but in my knowledge it won't. You can give a try. If I were you, I won't take that chance). Re issuing of marriage certificate is to be done by the registration authority. You can approach them directly.. 3 months sounds like your advocate super exaggerated it.. In Kerala (where I come from), we get a new copy issued in 3 working days (max a week)..

Aneesh where did you get this done? As in which government office? The advocate I know is very sure it wl tk upto 3 months! I need to find an alternative solution.

It is always the same authority that registered your marriage.. In our case it was the municipality office ..

Hi,

My husband works in Belgium under a B Class Visa and i have applied for a Dependant Visa. I would like to work in Belgium after i move. Would i be able to get  a job under a dependant visa.

Thanks
Veera

Yes you are allowed to work on dependent visa. My wife too came on dependent visa and got a job in about 3 months after she came.

Normally you have to find an employer who will be ready to process your Work permit. It could take some time to find a job, but you definitely are allowed to work.

Enjoy...

Yes its possible only you have to find the employer who will get you work permit.

Cheers

Hi All,

Your posts are really helpful for the new comers link me.

I have got an offer from Brussels. I have following doubts that need your attention and constructive comments:

1. Wont the Belgian employer do all the necessary formalities to get our work permit type D.

2. When we want to apply for the ""family reunion visa application"" (dependent visa)  ALONG with the ""work permit visa application"" (main applicant), how am i going to get the necessary documents that are listed as below:
     a.  Belgian resident permit (CIRE or card A)
     b. Proof of spouses's regular and sufficient means of subsistence.
     c. Proof of sufficient accommodation (registered lease agreement or notarized housing title allocated to principal residence).

araj123 wrote:

Hi All,

Your posts are really helpful for the new comers link me.

I have got an offer from Brussels. I have following doubts that need your attention and constructive comments:

1. Wont the Belgian employer do all the necessary formalities to get our work permit type D.

2. When we want to apply for the ""family reunion visa application"" (dependent visa)  ALONG with the ""work permit visa application"" (main applicant), how am i going to get the necessary documents that are listed as below:
     a.  Belgian resident permit (CIRE or card A)
     b. Proof of spouses's regular and sufficient means of subsistence.
     c. Proof of sufficient accommodation (registered lease agreement or notarized housing title allocated to principal residence).

Just found this: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 96#2392988  post #4
Thanks aneesh,,, :)

Here you have an important link about depandent visa: http://www.vivreenbelgique.be/9-statuts … t-familial

A lot to read but interesting

Hi All,

My wife and son are applying for Visa D from VFS Bangalore. She has all the required documents.

I see that some people get visa in couple of weeks and some of them wait for months. Is there a rule/condition on which the processing time depends upon?

Does the Belgian Consulate the Visa D applicants invite for an interview?

Appreciate any tip to speed up the process.

Have a good day!

Regards,
Swamy

If you apply together during the first entry, the processing is very fast. If you come here and then apply for your spouse, the processing takes longer.

The ones who got in 2 weeks: I have no idea how their application was different from others :) It is totally the discretion of consulate in Mumbai, whether to send the file to Belgium or not. If the file is sent here, you can expect 4-5 months at least waiting time. If it is not sent, then 1 week or two. In reality, almost 99% of files are sent here.

Normally the applicants are not invited for an interview unless the consulate see the need of doing so. Again, it is their discretion.

Regards
Aneesh