Is it possible that we can add 2 new categories

We need a category to cite and expose those that swindle expats.

For Example...I paid 150,000COP to have my washer fixed with a 3 month guarantee.  It had an immediate problem the same day after the tec/owner came over and supposedly fixed it....

He stated he was coming over to fix it within 2 days..............He never showed up and does not return messages. that was 6 weeks ago..now I need to get someone else to fix the problem.

Those in Medellin need to know about these con artist, so that some one else gets hit, at the same time we need a categorty for those that we recommend as honest with integrity.

Can we have a category of some type, where we can let other XPats know about these swindlers and another for those that we recommend..

Hello AgroSurAmerica,

While your intentions are good, and warning people about frauds and swindles is a noble cause; you must remember that our forums are very public indeed. Publishing such information here, especially naming names, would leave our members and Expat-blog open to civil actions for slander / libel / defamation in the country where the "injured" party operates, since publishing that kind of information here would be no different than printing it in a newspaper.

I'm sure you're aware just how strict those laws are here in South American countries especially. They're just as strict in many others as well. The net effect for Expat-blog would be risking being prohibited from being on the internet in some countries, even though they were not directly involved in the civil tort itself.

So, that's why you are not likely to ever see such a section here on Expat-blog.

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

You can recommend people or business by adding them in the directory section in the green banner above the page.
After you filled in the box, the team will verify and when its approved they will add it.

We have "Yelp" in the US where you can review everything from a service such as what you experienced to a restaurant or beauty salon. Something similar to that would be nice.

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR