Letter requesting for WEG upon arrival at the Ninoy Aquino Intl airpor

Good day to all,

I am leading a group of teens aged 15 and below to the Philippines. I understand they have to get the WEG upon arrival. May I know if a letter addressed to the  BI Commissioner requesting for the WEG is still required or just a simply consent letter is enough? Do I start my letter with:

14 May 2015
Commissioner of the Bureau of Immigration of the Philippines

Dear Sir

I am ....

Your reply is much appreciated. Thank you.   :)

To avoid exclusion before arrival at Philippine ports:

The minor's guardian or legal representative shall, at least 72 hours before arrival, notify the Commissioner of Immigration in writing of intent to travel to the Philippines.
The letter of intent shall include a request for the minor's waiver of exclusion and the relinquishment of exclusion fees.
Copies of the minor's valid passport, visa (if required), return ticket and invitation from a parent or sponsoring entity shall also be attached.
Finding merit in the request, the Commissioner of Immigration shall issue an Order that waives the minor's exclusion. The order may also waive the exclusion fees; otherwise, a waiver fee of P3120 shall be imposed.

or

To avoid exclusion without prior notice to the BI Commissioner, before arrival at the Philippine ports

The minor's guardian or legal representative presents copies of the minor's passport and attaches these to filled-out Waiver of Exclusion (WE) forms obtained from IDS.
After determining that the filled-out WE forms are in order, the IDS shall note “Approved for Payment” and direct the minor's guardian or legal representative to pay a P3120 waiver fee for each unaccompanied minor.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php … ion-ground

hi abcdiamond,

thanks, i read these from the website too. I had gone to the Philippines embassy in Singapore too. I was told they no longer process the WEG and we can only do it at the immigration. I just need to confirm the letter part in case the whole group is asked to take the next flight home...

according to the website, i think there is no need to worry too much. tks