Delay in getting my Labour Clearances & Visa Process

Reyyan wrote:

Sir,
With due respect, please go through various posts of visa and lc. Posting your question again and again wont change the ans and it wont speed up the ans. No one can tell you that when you will receive lc or visa. Some get within a month, some get within 6 months and some wait for more than 10 months like me.

I'm glad that there's someone else here in this forum who faces the same frustration that I face on an almost daily basis !!

I wish all new members would first take the basic effort to read through the various posts and replies before throwing in the very same questions, which have been answered umpteen number of times before.

I can attribute this kind of action to primarily two things - Laziness and Selfishness :

(a) laziness, to read the other details and information available within the site, and

(b) selfishness, wanting to get responses addressed specifically to only their queries

Sumitran wrote:
Reyyan wrote:

Sir,
With due respect, please go through various posts of visa and lc. Posting your question again and again wont change the ans and it wont speed up the ans. No one can tell you that when you will receive lc or visa. Some get within a month, some get within 6 months and some wait for more than 10 months like me.

I'm glad that there's someone else here in this forum who faces the same frustration that I face on an almost daily basis !!

I wish all new members would first take the basic effort to read through the various posts and replies before throwing in the very same questions, which have been answered umpteen number of times before.

I can attribute this kind of action to primarily two things - Laziness and Selfishness :

(a) laziness, to read the other details and information available within the site, and

(b) selfishness, wanting to get responses addressed specifically to only their queries

I seriously understand your frustration Sir. Hope people here have some patience and less selfishness.

Moderated by Gavind 8 years ago
Reason : out of subject. A response has been made here > http://www.expat-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2645504#p2645504

We are doing business with a company in Oman and now that company wants to issue a manager visa for my brother but the owner said that he wants some kind of letter mentioning skills and qualification of my brother, he said its a requirement for the manager visa.does anyone knows what kind of letter it should be? Please

I'm new here in Oman, I was hired & worked from May upto present.  The company still not processing my labor card & my visa expiry is Aug 14. What will happen if still not having labor card until my visa expired. 
Should I need to exit oman? 
Can I look for another company for new employment?
Am I going to be ban for 2 years?

madhuri shinha wrote:

I'm new here in Oman, I was hired & worked from May upto present.  The company still not processing my labor card & my visa expiry is Aug 14. What will happen if still not having labor card until my visa expired. 
Should I need to exit oman? 
Can I look for another company for new employment?
Am I going to be ban for 2 years?

Hi madhuri shinha,

Get your company to take you for your resident card before your visa expires. For that you must have a valid employment visa. Seems like you are on some 3-month visa now.

By law your company must register every new expatriate employee within 30 days of their landing in Oman.

If your employment visa is not ready by the time your whatever visa expires, you have to necessarily exit the country. Else, you will be considered as a over-stayer, which is of course illegal by the laws of the land.

Since you are not officially on an employment visa, the 2-year rule would not be applicable for you.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Off-topic.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,

I have done MBA (Information Systems). Initially I worked in a reputed college in muscat. But as that was part time I had to leave the job. Since then I have been trying in colleges and training institutes I couldn't get a job. When I go to colleges they ask me to give a presentation and then say my MBA(Information  systems) does not match their requirement and they need M.Sc or MCA preferably Ph.D.  Regarding training institutes , I am interviewed and I also give a presentation after that there's no response. When I ask about VISA totally there's no response and they say because of Omanisation they are not able to offer me a job...but if that be the case why should I be called for interview.
I am a female living in family visa...how to get a stable job here...can anyone help? I have an overall of 12 years of experience.

Hi everyone,
I got job offer in Oman . ihv submitted all documents in Aug 15. Till date I HV not recd emp visa and lab clearance. The hr told me to wait till Dec 15. No proper reason or reply is given by hr. Can u tell me how much time it takes to obtain emp visa and lab clearance in Oman. Are there any  chances to get employment visa

I have been interviewed by omani staff of higher college of technology through a recruitment agency in July 2019../I got selected as lecturer of Electrical Engineering and a MoM form was given to me to fill..  After a week I got a congratulations email from the agency and they have given me the salary break up.   They have asked my consent for the offer and instructed me to submit the scanned copies of my passport, educational and experience certificates for the final approval from the ministry..  It's been one and a half month now and there's no news from the agency.