Hardware Stores with an online website

I am new to P.R. and just purchased a home.  My new adventure is looking for a hardware store in Cabo Rojo  that sells bathroom and kitchen items such as a bath tub, faucets, a kitchen counter top, vanity combo sets, kitchen sink, lighting, etc.  I want to remodel and speak very little Spanish.   Can someone help me find a store, maybe two hardware stores? I prefer to pay online and pick up.  I have gone to Home Depot in Mayaquez, but I need a store close to home.

sylvbrxt wrote:

Can someone help me find a store, maybe two hardware stores? I prefer to pay online and pick up.  I have gone to Home Depot in Mayaquez, but I need a store close to home.

I could be wrong, but in PR I doubt you will find a store with this service other than Home Depot. (I'm somewhat surprised that they do it.)

There's a National Lumber & Hardware in Cabo Rojo but they don't do online buying, I'm not 100% sure but I think they don't even have a website.
National, a PR chain, is selling a lot of cheapo low-end quality stuff so look twice before you buy.
Then there's an Ace hardware in Lajas - same story, no online presence. This is most likely a smaller store.

I'd say your best bet is Home Depot - you'd have to take the longer drive in account but you'll have the advantage of online ordering and with a little luck associates that speak English.

Ace Hardware is also in PR now... seems Mayaguez is your best bet, unless you can locate a smaller, family type hardware store...

acepuertorico (dot-com)

I have gone on line and made The Home Depot my home store. I try not to get excited when I find something I like because the let down phrase is "We do not shipped to PR Guam, HI and VI. I know this process will take some time, but thanks for your reply.

I will find ACE H.  Since you have been here for a while and can also offer advice, is it true that I should purchase insurance to cover any workers while on my property making the repairs?

Thanks!  You are correct. National Hardware does not have online shopping, but they have an interesting fb page. They post pictures of the flyer in the store by the week.

sylvbrxt wrote:

I will find ACE H.

Like I wrote, it's in Lajas. Can't be too difficult to find.

you will do better in a bigger city like Mayaguez ..
check out .Tile Kitchen & Bath
(787) 831-4236
2 Km 156.4
Mayagüez 
I am sure there are any number of bathroom/kitchen/ cabinet stores that will service you in Cabo rojo... that side of the island lots of folks speak English.  ask around for references.

I am sure it is not that difficult to find in Lajas.

Thanks for the info.

I don't know if its your style but you can order online from IKEA PR and they deliver or you can pick up...the closest to you is in Ponce. They can send a kitchen/bath designer to your home...also you might find small things like lighting or faucets that you may like...(for all the naysayers not everything at IKEA is low quality folks...you have to look...they do have some nice bath and kitchen stuff...sometimes Home Depot's stuff is no better) Otherwise Home Depot is the only Hardware store with a real website that you can order online. Ace Hardware is usually overpriced and doesn't have a great selection in my opinion...Otherwise I would check with a private local store like Tile Kitchen & Bath like We're moving WHERE? suggested. Most of time the local stores have great design and sales...these kind of stores are all over the island...unfortunately most stores like this don't even have websites in PR. At least you have National in Cabo Rojo to pick up Hardware, Paint, and other small things...they have great prices. Usually you should be able to find someone that speaks English at whatever store your at.