Freelance jobs as GC holder

Hello,

I read that Green Card holders are not permitted to be self-employed, i.e start a business.

Does that include freelance work? Just for example, let's say that I could get a job tutoring English to a private student or writing one article for a website and they would pay me directly and then I would pay taxes somehow on it.  Is that not allowed as a GC holder?

Thanks for any clarification or information.

You can still work. Just make it sure, you are having afreelance job that is Legal. There is no such thing as bad idea in working from another place to another, as long as your papaers and documents are complete and so as your client's information. Maybe you should ask first legal conunsel for this to avoid problems. Cheers!

Thanks Dothy!

Do you know some good websites which post freelancing job requirements? I would like to explore those while I search for a permanent job.

- Jay

Hey. If you find out about freelance working as a green card holder in Denmark. please let me know.
thanx

With a green card you cannot be self employed. As such you cannot freelance. That's the law. Company man or go home. Tough shit. It's Europe today man. Good luck.