I would love to hear from those who made the move with young child

Hello!
I'm Jennifer and I'm Canadian. My hubby and my 7 year old son are considering St. Lucia as our new home. I would love to hear from others who gave made the move with young children. I'm especially interested in the school system or a 'group' home schooling situation. Thank you!

Hi I am Paul , I lived in St Lucia for  many years ,you ask about schooling in St Lucia,I must say it is very good you will have very good schools in Schools in  the country I know of many ex pats who sent there kids to local schools and they were pleasantly surprised , my own kids were both educated in  St Lucia and they both have successful businesses running in the country ,they are in there 30,s now,  may I ask what are you planning to do for work, I was in restaurant business. myself . There a large expat population living in St Lucia for many years and are certainly happier there than in there home. Countries . Good luck to you , you are doing the right thing,if you want to know more contact me again Paul

Hi Paul,
Thank you for your encouragement.  We were planning on living on savings for a few years.  My hubby is a directional driller in oil and gas and I am an optician.  We would consider working if an opportunity presented itself.  Did your children attend local schools or private schools? My seven year old is on the autism spectrum, on the highly functional end.  We are prepared to home school but I would love to have him attend school with other children.  What do you consider to be the BEST thing and the WORST thing about life in St. Lucia?

Hi Jennifer ,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread with your post on the Saint Lucia forum for more visibility and interaction.

Thanks

Priscilla