American Chef in Amsterdam

Hey guys I am an American Chef from the southern United States Moving to Amsterdam to live and learn the culture and food. I need help finding a place to live and dont mind having just a room. I am also looking for work if anybody knows any restaurant hiring. I also need some advice about scams. I posted on another website and have been emailing a lady about an apartment for rent in Stationsplien 37 for $400 euros a month which included utlities. I think it was just one room out of the apartment but she wants me to western union the deposite to her daughter of $300 euros. I am very skeptical and would like some advice from fellow memebers. Any help would be awesome thanks

Hi bud, welcome to the forum

DO NOT send any money to anybody, there are many scammers out there, don't fall for it. Once you get here you can find a place pretty quick.  You may need to spend a few days in a hostel or hotel but a place to rent will show up.  If your contact is genuine then they will wait for you to show up with the money. Have a look at the following website for rooms clickflatshare.co.uk/Amsterdam/

You may find something on there and the following link may help you with a job workcircle.com/jobs/amsterdam/chef

If you need any further help send me a PM, but please do not forward any cash to anybody claiming to have a room for you as you may loose it.

Cheers

Bill :cool:

Hi cbrand8787,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I wish you good luck in your search.

I would like to start a restaurant and need experienced chef to help.  What cuisine are you experienced in.

Jabee wrote:

I would like to start a restaurant and need experienced chef to help.  What cuisine are you experienced in.

Jabee

You have posted on a 4 year old, inactive thread so do not expect a reply........... :(