Driving my 2006 Toyota Hilux from Belize to the USA

I have spent many years working and playing in Belize.  In 2012 I bought the toyota to explore around Central America, always starting from Belize.  I really like this toyota and want to eventually drive it to Colorado.  I have never driven into the states in a foreign vehicle.  The truck is mine and I have the documentation in order.  I have seen many vehicles with foreign plates in the US.  So it must be legal.  What I don't know is the following:

Will I be given a certain amount of days to have the vehicle in the states? And what is required?
Can I keep it in the US?

Thank you for any input you may have.

Longo Bravo

I see no one else has posted, and I was hesitant myself. You will need a Driver License. You Belize license will be honored. You will also have to have current tags, and insurance. Have all these papers handy should you have, an accident, or get pulled over by the police. States are all different on how long you can stay before you have to register, and tag your vehicle. I believe most are 30 days. Hope this helps?

Thanks Cochise8933,
I have a Colorado drivers license.  The truck is registered and insured in Belize, because I bought it there.  You are right about the different requirements of each state, but I think CO is 30 days as well. I didn't think there would be a problem driving in to the states but I am not sure.  That is what I want to confirm beforehand, as apposed to finding out at the Mexico/US border or the Belize/Mexico border.  I am hoping to get first hand information from anyone that has actually done it.  Thanks,

Good Passage! Please keep all of us posted. Would like to know of your trip through Mexico.