Living in Bangkok

Hi Everybody, I will be moving to Bangkok from May onwards for at least 7 months and was wondering whether there is some experience existing of where to best rent a condo. My company offers me long term accommodation in the area of Sukhumvit 48 but I am a bit afraid that this is too far away from where life is happening in Bangkok after work. I thought about staying more in area of Sukhumvit Soi 11 but I am not sure if this is really such a good idea in terms of noise (drunk people at night, crime etc). May be there is someone who can share his opinion about a convenient location by keeping in mind that I really don't want to sit at home butwant to have some action after work and on weekend. Many thanks to you guys in advance. Regards Thomas

Hi Aphichet,

Thanks for your quick reply. I think I want to enjoy a lot of outdoor activities after work. Certainly not every night but up to several times a week by knowing that I will be staying in Bangkok only 7 months. Outdoor activities in the week could be for example e dinner, sometimes a beer with friends or also dancing in one of the well known and night clubs with good music. Today I thought about living near Ekkamai would be a good compromise as there are quiet a lot of restaurants and bars and on the other hand this would not be too far away from the night club scene around Soi 11.

Type of apartment should be a Serviced Apartment. However, the challenge is that most of them are exceeding the budget my company is willing to spend. Maximum would be 35,000 THB per month and most of the Ekkamai Serviced Apartments are more expensive.

I look forward to receiving your advise.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Where are you going to work?  Sukhumvit 48 is not that bad for staying and it's near by sky train. For hanging out is easy to travel by sky train. if you need more details, can msg me.

Sue

Hi Thomas,

I would recommend the place in Sukhumwit 42. Its about 10 mins walk to BTS Ekkamai. Theres a big mall called Gate way right there at the corner of the bts. Its a service apartment, pretty nice and quiet. Cost about 20k. I have a friend living there and he likes it a lot. Dont know the name but i could ask for you later. Let me know if you are interested in.

Regards,
Mint

Sukhumvit street has a very efficient SkyTrain that runs the length of it, so I recommend getting a place near a station on that line.  Any where from Soi 1 on out to the 60s is acceptable, but prime areas for your needs are, for example but not exclusively, Soi 4, 11-12,  33, and surely others.   Be sure to get a "serviced apt."

moderated by Christine
Reason: no free ads please + off topic

Hey Thomas,
I'm not sure if you have found any apartment. I have a nice condominium in Thonglor/Ekkamai area. It's a 1-bedroom 1-bathroom (54 sq.m) with a living room and a proper kitchen. I will have it for rent at 25,000 baht per month. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures right at this moment because the room is still being decorated (the project has just been completed so it's brand new. It has a swimming pool and a nice gym also. The furniture should be arriving by this Friday. If you are interested, please send me an email to [email protected].

Cheers
Oraon

Hi. Don't you worry, life is happening everywhere in Bkk, and if you take the proposed accommodation you'll still be more than fine. Sukhumvit is where it's at for expats, and cabs are cheap anyway.